• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If I could trade Dereck Lively for Jalen Duren or Mark Williams, I would easily do that.   I believe that the bigs from the last class were much better than Lively and much more NBA ready.   However,  I love that we got AJG.  I believe tht Griff Money is going to be as big as Kobe if he is allowed to grow.

People that say JJ > AJG need to have their BBIQ examined. 

I don't think you can make that decision either way at this point.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, sturt said:

... hehe...

More seriously, and at the risk of stating the almost obvious... it matters a lot whether Masai is attempting to remain competitive, or is going into rebuild mode. No one seems to have a clear bearing on that yet. Just a lot of speculation.

More

https://hoopswire.com/raptors-still-deciding-which-way-to-go-with-roster/

Also a damn swap in 2026. Wtf was we thinking. We could have traded this year's pick or next year. 

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

I still think our trades last offseason were pretty fair value.  You have to overpay a bit to get a high level player like Dejounte Murray in their prime.  

San Antonio gambled and won.  I'm not convinced that a 7' 5" guy is gonna take over the league.  Those guys usually have a short shelf life, Yao Ming, Greg Oden, Shawn Bradley, etc.  

It was a stupid trade. 2026 is Flagg and Boozer draft. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Folks out here acting like (a) we couldve traded peanuts and (b) Murray is trash and the reason we had a poor season.

We're way past 'get over it and move on' time. 

EGGGZACTLY.

It would be one thing is DJM was a bad player. Dude was damn near allstar numbers.   We just wished that he was better in areas that he wasn't great in.   You don't get Damn near allstar for 2nd rounders.   Especially Damn near allstar in his prime.   Watching the Hawks.. we have flubbed up so many first round picks that I don't see the value in them if they are not lottery.   Hello Cam. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Folks out here acting like (a) we couldve traded peanuts and (b) Murray is trash and the reason we had a poor season.

We're way past 'get over it and move on' time. 

I can't reconcile a belief that we overpaid for Murray and that we gave Huerter away.  They can't both be true.    

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I can't reconcile a belief that we overpaid for Murray and that we gave Huerter away.  They can't both be true.    

It's true for folks looking for reasons to complain.  I agree it was a hefty cost but there's no reason to look back and complain.  It's done.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing that worries me about the Murray trade is that we almost have to resign him to justify the trade. But what if re-signing him is not the best move for us? 

True, but with the salaries that people are giving out there will be enough options to move him after resigning him.  

The other option is move him before the trade deadline if it seems like he simply does not fit with Trae.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The thing that worries me about the Murray trade is that we almost have to resign him to justify the trade. But what if re-signing him is not the best move for us? 

I dont view things that way.  That's how organizations screw themselves.  Each deal is its own entity.  You can't chase a bad decision, if thats what they determine it is.  Lop the limb off and move forward.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont view things that way.  That's how organizations screw themselves.  Each deal is its own entity.  You can't chase a bad decision, if thats what they determine it is.  Lop the limb off and move forward.  

This^. Don't compound one bad decision (and I don't think the Murray deal was a bad one) by making and equally bad or worse one.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I say Resigning him is a duh move.  You have a guy who is damn near allstar and has been an allstar.   Whether you like his play on your team or not.. resign him.  Hell, resign him as early as you can... and after you get him resigned, you then decide if you need to trade him.   That's called getting the bag... owners edition.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I agree it was a hefty cost but there's no reason to look back and complain. 

Hefty cost vs. Fair trade...  Must be debated...

DJM for Gallo and three first and a pick swap... and two of those first are protected.

I have no reliance on the draft.   I don't throw draft lottery and draft day parties. 

If the players that we have turn out, then draft picks would cause us to throw somebody out. 

Just wasted guaranteed contracts in a time when we are not trying to develop.

Nah...  I'm good.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Also a damn swap in 2026. Wtf was we thinking. We could have traded this year's pick or next year. 

It was a stupid trade. 2026 is Flagg and Boozer draft. 

Um.

Who are you and why did you steal Supes' HS account?

We only talked about this trade for about 729 posts last summer, and that's not counting all the posts before it was announced (!). You must be an imposter. Turn yourself in!!!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

For all the talk about every other starter getting traded this off-season, DJM is very plausibly the most likely. It doesn't make me happy to say that. But his contract number is lower, he's at an age where he's heading into his prime years, and he plays a premium position. The only good argument for resisting an offer is that the new head coach has given every indication that he loves the player, and he wants a go at making Trae and DJ this era's answer to Isaiah and Joe.