• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

If he's wearing Braves hats in more than one press conference, then I'm believing that he's signalling that he wants to play in Atlanta.   Not to mention, I believe he has said as much earlier in his career. 

51% of me says that's right. If it were a civil court case, this juror is voting that that's accurate. Can't get anywheres close to the beyond a reasonable doubt standard (criminal court). But again, otoh, it's 51% of me... not 52%... plausible that he's just a huge Braves fan and has been enjoying their season (... assuming they're winning... I wouldn't know).

I get the sentiment that when you have a hometown kid with high regard who wants to come home and play for the Hawks, you hate to not take advantage of that however you possibly could finagle it.

But the timing is off. I said it before, it's like that girl you always thought you'd date some day, and that you knew always thought she'd date you some day, but the two of you never were in the right place at the right time to make it happen. How did you sing it, Mrs. McEnroe?... oh yeah...

Jaylen Brown posted a 91 to 119 rating in the series (Brogdon the only player on the roster worse).  Miami legit used him as a vessel to help them win.  Even casual fans can now see how horrific his handle has always been with the heat applying constant ball pressure unlike most crap teams.  His below average IQ and wasting defensive potential is much less obvious to them but it damn sure better not be to Landry and company.

I have no words for any franchise that pays him near $50-$60 million per.  His playmaking and shooting is well below Bogi level, who still holds the second highest TS% among volume shooters in these playoffs (Martin). 

He’s gonna be the Kirk Cousins of the NBA.  I hope he realizes taking that deal in Boston will lead to the alleged racism directed at him to increase twofold.  Definitely not saying that’s right or warranted, just facts.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

@sturt the problem is...  The timing ain't off.  All of this hometown postering has come:

1.  When the eye of the media is firmly on him. 
  2.  During a season where we played the Celtics in the playoffs. 
  3. While the Celtics are a place where they have to make a move to keep him or trade him. 

The time don't get no righter.  He has an agent... Glushon Sports Management.  They have to realize that this is the time for Jaylen to start posturing if he wants to get paid.

Don't get me wrong, he may be Dwight Howarding us and using us to get to the supermax... but I don't think Boston is a Franchise that fall for such moves.  They'd call his bluff and trade him because I don't see them giving him the supermax and maybe not the max either. 

He was by far their best player in our series and did work against Philly.   

I believe that Quin can help his BBIQ and Trae can manage the ball so that there's less turnovers..  But at his price, does he get us to the Chip?

25 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If he forces his way to Atlanta and we get him for a huge discount, fine. He's a bery good player and useful. Would love to have him. But as I keep saying, he's not a player you gut the team for. He just isn't that guy.

This is fair.  It would be a very bad look for a team to gut itself to acquire him.  And equally tone deaf to pay him a supermax after his performance overall.  To be fair, he looked unstoppable against us at times. 

But there is enough tape there that proves he's not 'that' guy, not a franchise guy just as you said .... a bery good player. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think the hand bothered JB a lot against Miami. Don’t discount that.

Also, Spo had Trae looking the same way after our series against them last year. Spo is probably the best damn coach in basketball and will run circles around you if you let him. A first year HC was no match.

Don’t overreact to this series because he did this same thing to our star last year. It took getting a real mastermind HC ourselves to get it straightened out. 

• Like 3

Paying Brown the max? We are already paying Trae the max. Both have significant flaws that might not be correctable. I'm not bullish on a Young/Brown pairing. Let's take a page out of Miami's playbook. Get a guy like Kaleb Martin, overlooked and unheralded, but affordable and productive. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I think the hand bothered JB a lot against Miami. Don’t discount that.

Also, Spo had Trae looking the same way after our series against them last year. Spo is probably the best damn coach in basketball and will run circles around you if you let him. A first year HC was no match.

Don’t overreact to this series because he did this same thing to our star last year. It took getting a real mastermind HC ourselves to get it straightened out. 

So youre in favor of a J. Brown trade? That means draft picks, good young affordable players with upside, and we are anchored to a Supermax contract. It's a thumbs down for me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So youre in favor of a J. Brown trade? That means draft picks, good young affordable players with upside, and we are anchored to a Supermax contract. It's a thumbs down for me. 

Bringing in a 25+ ppg all-nba hometown kid in his prime is a no-brainer for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Regardless of the terms of the trade?

I mean I’m not giving them Trae Young. But outside of that, yeah I’m probably good.

I remember always hoping guys like Cam, Hunter, Huerter, Collins, etc. would develop into the caliber of player Jaylen Brown IS RIGHT NOW. We never sold high on those guys and they didn’t develop into what we hoped they would be.

I have no doubt OO, AJ, and Jalen will be solid NBA players, but I’m not making those same mistakes again. Honestly, I don’t even think these guys will be part of the trade. And if they are, I see only one of them being included.

If we have the chance at a player like Jaylen Brown, you have to go for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This is fair.  It would be a very bad look for a team to gut itself to acquire him.  And equally tone deaf to pay him a supermax after his performance overall.  To be fair, he looked unstoppable against us at times. 

But there is enough tape there that proves he's not 'that' guy, not a franchise guy just as you said .... a bery good player. 🤓

Spelling was never RE’s thang. He’s not beary beary good at it! :unsure:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Let's take a page out of Miami's playbook. Get a guy like Kaleb Martin, overlooked and unheralded, but affordable and productive. 

Of course, the response naturally and admittedly correctly is, "Easier said than done."

But that's where we're at. It's hard, but if it was easy, everyone would do it. It's the way, though. Have to try.

None of our rotation is over-the-hill. Conventionally speaking, only a couple are even at a plateau. And some are almost unavoidably too young to not continue to get better. Noticeably better. Significantly better. We are going to mature. And I believe most believe, under Quin, chemistry is continuing to strengthen. He's given them each their instructions/homework for off-season, evidently.

Indeed... look at how this team under Quin performed in post season. This is a damn good team, and the futures stock price is pointing up.

To the point here, maybe it's not finding a 2nd round diamond in the rough you can develop, maybe it's swinging a Derrick White kind-of deal.

But that's the reasonable, pragmatic approach as far as I see.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Spelling was never RE’s thang. He’s not beary beary good at it! :unsure:

HA!  Spelling champ of my 6th grade class over here so you watch yo damn mouth.  LOL.  

Fast typing and no proofreading gets me every time though.  Plus the dang edit function doesn't seem to work for me in this Default Theme.  :ahf2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1