• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

That's what I was thinking too.  He certainly may sign the super max and be celtic for years to come, but I don't think buying a condo in boston is the smoking gun. 

Where does Boston practice?

if they practice downtown it makes perfect sense to buy a condo as opposed to buying a nice house in the suburbs.   There are plenty of rich pro athletes who go that route if they don't live in that city year round.   Here in Chicago lots of Bulls and Blackhawks buy condos in the city since both teams practice down the street from the United Center.

years ago when the Bulls practiced in Deerfield at the Berto center all the players lived in houses in the northern suburbs.   That was often cited as a reason the Bulls couldn't attract free agents.  The move to a city practice cite became the solution and all the players followed suit and moved downtown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Where does Boston practice?

if they practice downtown it makes perfect sense to buy a condo as opposed to buying a nice house in the suburbs.   There are plenty of rich pro athletes who go that route if they don't live in that city year round.   Here in Chicago lots of Bulls and Blackhawks buy condos in the city since both teams practice down the street from the United Center.

years ago when the Bulls practiced in Deerfield at the Berto center all the players lived in houses in the northern suburbs.   That was often cited as a reason the Bulls couldn't attract free agents.  The move to a city practice cite became the solution and all the players followed suit and moved downtown.

Not saying any of that isn't the case, just saying I don't think buying a Boston condo is some definitive indication that he's signing a supermax. Certainly could be the case, but I'm not taking that as any sign one way or the other. 

11 hours ago, thecampster said:

Anyone else willing to trade JC/CC + 15 for Embiid?

I'd do it without remorse or forethought.

image.thumb.png.a97c35bb035c7293d43ac6f1f93cb01c.png

Hells yeah! Sign me up for that deal.

Wish that’s all it would take.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Not saying any of that isn't the case, just saying I don't think buying a Boston condo is some definitive indication that he's signing a supermax. Certainly could be the case, but I'm not taking that as any sign one way or the other. 

I don't see what else it would mean.  Why would he buy a condo in a city he hates if he wasn't planning to stay there?

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye, we can parlay it into a reality TV show.  Just inject some hot chicks (and dudes?) and drum up some drama and were golden. 

Shhhhhhh before @AHF shut this bih down.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

He could sell it.  I don't think it's that big a deal. 

Seriously.... have to wonder if real estate investment isn't just the greatest way to parlay your fame into cash... people, I would believe, will buy a house or condo at a more premium price given the knowledge that "Famous Guy/Gal X" is selling it.

• Like 2