• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

Agreed, I kind of want to see us without CC.  OO isn't a great shooter but he can shoot enough from midrange to at least force the D to respect him.  He can also make free throws.  I'm not worried about him going against the Jokic/Embiids of the world since CC gets dominated by those guys anyway.  We can grab a huge stiff off the bench for when we need an extra body, but I think CC's 20+ mil could be better used elsewhere.  Or maybe we can bring him off the bench?  

Replacing CC with OO or anyone with any sort of jumper would just open up our offense tremendously.  I don't see how anyone could guard us.  

Sure, we will lose some interior help D and rebounding, but I think the pros outweigh the cons here.  OO isn't a bad rebounder, and he's a good defender.  Just needs to get better at staying out of foul trouble, which I think he will be forced to learn if he's playing extended minutes.

If OO can develop his shot like Al did when he was in Atlanta, about a step a season or more, which I think he can with focus, Quin, and Korver, I believe he can make a solid jump there. I'm all for moving Cap for the betterment of the team, which likely comes from creating better fit right now.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Anyone else willing to trade JC/CC + 15 for Embiid?

I'd do it without remorse or forethought....

Not I, said the fly.  Because it's really Jollins/CC/15 for whoever you have to panic-sign once JoeLLLL-o gets hurt, fat, or tired.

So like, Jollins/CC/15 for .... Cody Zeller. 🙁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

Brunson & Embiid would be a hard Duo to stop!

Eh, it's more like stopping Brunson and something like Dwayne Dedmon since Embiid ain't gonna last long.  Certainly not into the playoffs.  And, even if he lasts that long, he'll be hurt/tired/fat so .... meh.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 5/30/2023 at 4:03 PM, sturt said:

Here's one, though, that's actually licensed in the US... fwiw... and unlike the other, this includes the option of Brown remaining in green for 2024.

2023-05-30_15-59-11.png

Those odds may be moving in the opposite direction than some here would prefer...........

1 minute ago, HawkingAwesome said:

aint no way  jb living in a condo on a max deal lol

That's what I was thinking too.  He certainly may sign the super max and be celtic for years to come, but I don't think buying a condo in boston is the smoking gun. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Hmmmm... think they only have one residence... and... that one residence is always in the city where they're employed?

Don't think that's typical... even among those with less than max deals... but I don't claim to have done the research to know it... and yeah, to the larger point, I don't think, if rumors are true, it's meaningful that he's buying a condo.

8 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Guys sometimes have a mansion in the 'burbs and a stylish condo in town. With $300,000,000, why not? But the bottom line is, no agent advises against taking a supermax. You can force a trade later, but that is an ugly, awkward road to go down. And honestly most of the time the team goes along because the guy is past his prime, hampered by injuries, etc which is not the case here. Jaylen doesn't seem the type to pull a Ben Simmons, Kyrie Irving type coercion with refusal to play, or disruptive behavior, etc. That isn't him. So I see him as a Celtic most likely. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Agreed, I kind of want to see us without CC.  OO isn't a great shooter but he can shoot enough from midrange to at least force the D to respect him.  He can also make free throws.  I'm not worried about him going against the Jokic/Embiids of the world since CC gets dominated by those guys anyway.  We can grab a huge stiff off the bench for when we need an extra body, but I think CC's 20+ mil could be better used elsewhere.  Or maybe we can bring him off the bench?  

Replacing CC with OO or anyone with any sort of jumper would just open up our offense tremendously.  I don't see how anyone could guard us.  

Sure, we will lose some interior help D and rebounding, but I think the pros outweigh the cons here.  OO isn't a bad rebounder, and he's a good defender.  Just needs to get better at staying out of foul trouble, which I think he will be forced to learn if he's playing extended minutes.

That could actually work. Cap is still useful, but his limitations offensively and even defensively against mobile big men was an issue last season. Maybe pair him with Bey or JJ off the bench? 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Hmmmm... think they only have one residence... and... that one residence is always in the city where they're employed?

Don't think that's typical... even among those with less than max deals... but I don't claim to have done the research to know it... and yeah, to the larger point, I don't think, if rumors are true, it's meaningful that he's buying a condo.

Right lol, dude could have just bought a unit to come visit people he's close with in the area after he leaves.  There's no conclusion to be drawn based on a condo purchase -- wayyyy too many unknowns.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

That's what I was thinking too.  He certainly may sign the super max and be celtic for years to come, but I don't think buying a condo in boston is the smoking gun. 

Maybe beacuse of this? (From in March)

......in a  recent New York Times profile, Brown said that he felt “adversity” in Boston while trying to start a business or buy a house. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

As a successful real estate investor, I have numerous basements to choose from. I'll rent one of them out to you spud. 

Ya I’m not tryin to live wit you and your mama and your freaked up cat 🐈‍⬛. Ain’t nobody got time fa dat! 

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

As a successful

:jerk: That’s what you’re success at ☀️