• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

32 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I could honestly see a situation where Boston falls in love with a Dame x Tatum pairing. 

Portland falls in love with Scoot during the draft process and decides to rebuild around him. 

Brown doesn’t want to go through a rebuild in Portland and gets routed to ATL. 

It's gonna be Beal for Brown.

We need to be onto plan B or hope WAS is in luuv with Kyle Losema so much that they're willing to 3-team it and Brown ends up here (for cheaper than it would take to deal with Loston directly). 

Just now, kg01 said:

It's gonna be Beal for Brown.

We need to be onto plan B or hope WAS is in luuv with Kyle Losema so much that they're willing to 3-team it and Brown ends up here (for cheaper than it would take to deal with Loston directly). 

I don’t think so. Boston has a playmaking problem because they don’t have a true point. JB was forced into more playmaking than he was comfortable with and that’s why he had so many TO’s.

You’d have that same problem with Beal, but worse defense.

Boston needs to get a point back in a trade.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I don’t think so. Boston has a playmaking problem because they don’t have a true point. JB was forced into more playmaking than he was comfortable with and that’s why he had so many TO’s.

You’d have that same problem with Beal, but worse defense.

Boston needs to get a point back in a trade.

Aye, I hear you.  But you know, from Loston's perspective, the 'fix' for them is to trade Brown for Trae. 😄

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye, I hear you.  But you know, from Loston's perspective, the 'fix' for them is to trade Brown for Trae. 😄

Boston might have just found themselves in a similar situation that we thought we were in after our lost to Miami in last year’s playoffs.

Need. More. Playmaking.

Funny that Miami is the common theme here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

He's a second tier star. No shame in that, but he's not worth selling the farm for. 

And we really can't sell the farm when we already sold the future for our 2nd/3rd tier NBA star.

• Admin

Instead of giving way too much for a player like Brown ... how about going after an up and coming who are on the verge of becoming a star the way Joe Johnson was for us, Harden for Houston or Mikal Bridges for the Nets. 

It would cost more to get Brown then for Bridges and Bridges is better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Instead of giving way too much for a player like Brown ... how about going after an up and coming who are on the verge of becoming a star the way Joe Johnson was for us, Harden for Houston or Mikal Bridges for the Nets. 

It would cost more to get Brown then for Bridges and Bridges is better

This is nice actually. We gotta be a step ahead. I dunno, feels like it’s right. I like both guys, Brown is definitely stronger but Mikal is way more efficient.

Mikal was my boy in the 18 draft with Luka so I wouldn’t mind at all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Brutal.

He just needs to be paired with an elite ball handler.

i.e. ❄️❄️❄️

Miami took away Tatum's ability to be the play maker (same that they do to Trae) forcing JB to be the playmaker....we saw what that looked like.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The market should be pretty good for Capela out there. That's who I would trade first since we already have a starting caliber player that can back-fill his role. I also have confidence that an entire off-season with Quin and Korver will have OO stretching the floor. If we can't find a trade for Collins, it makes him the primary role man and fixes a fit issue at minimum.

Okongwu for MIP if this happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Interesting point.  I remember hearing someone explaining why teams were hit so hard by the way GS played, particularly CLE.  Basically said CLE geared up to face SAntonio since that's who they'd lost to the year before.  But had no plan B once SA wasn't the opponent.  Wonder if that principle hurt us.  We made a lot of changes with the MIA loss in mind.  Yes we overcame that hurdle, but did we change too much?  Just a thought. 

No....iRobot!

• Haha 3