• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Rumors are Jalen is buying a new condo around Boston. Makes me think that supermax is coming and it is hard to pass up.

Oh well it was a fun conversation while it lasted.

as bad as he has talked about Bostons fans ain’t no way he buying a spot there for vacation reasons lol 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Based on 'reports', the price for OG is similar to that for Brown tho.  That's even more egregious, imo.  OG is good but he ain't no franchise player either, plus he's an injury risk.  Makes either one untenable.

The 'move' is to get Ingram to ask out.  Holy tampering, batman! 😄

Ok Alright GIF - OK ALRIGHT Denzel Washington - Discover & Share GIFs

I see the vision.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JTB said:

Oh well it was a fun conversation while it lasted.

as bad as he has talked about Bostons fans ain’t no way he buying a spot there for vacation reasons lol 

Tap the brakes... and this isn't coming from a fan of paying the price for JB... but, ever hear of anyone buying property as an investment?

Not necessarily meaningful.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Willing to see what Quin cooks up with JC. 

If JC's shooting returns...he could be a force if used correctly. 

I want to see him used more in pick and roll and pick and pop action. Of course, I want him to shoot better from deep next season, but him shooting threes was an adaptation to Cap clogging up the middle on offense. I'm not sure what moves will be made this offseason, but I think Collins can be so much more if he isn't strictly utilized as a shooter on offense. Hopefully, Quin will have him playing the way he was a few seasons ago.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sturt said:

I see the board's self-appointed, self-entertained comedian has resurrected one of his most enduring and evidently favorite half-truths about me. For those of you new around here, if you didn't notice, consider that a good thing... it's a good day. If you did notice, just be sure to consider the source and his history of attention seeking... he'll say anything to get a reaction. This is as much reaction as he's going to get from me, though. It's not an interesting topic, and hasn't been for 3-ish years now.

image.gif.5bfb4a0a4353b7cc75a8f0955d346bb7.gif

Go Hawks!!!

11 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Wonder if the doors are open to some type of JC + deal for Lauri M. Wasn’t that a rumor early on last year?

It’s dealing with Ainge - so i doubt it is a reasonable price, but he’d be a nice fit.

No way in hell they are doing this deal unless we throw in a lot of extras.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hawkman said:

I want to see him used more in pick and roll and pick and pop action. Of course, I want him to shoot better from deep next season, but him shooting threes was an adaptation to Cap clogging up the middle on offense. I'm not sure what moves will be made this offseason, but I think Collins can be so much more if he isn't strictly utilized as a shooter on offense. Hopefully, Quin will have him playing the way he was a few seasons ago.

Agreed, I kind of want to see us without CC.  OO isn't a great shooter but he can shoot enough from midrange to at least force the D to respect him.  He can also make free throws.  I'm not worried about him going against the Jokic/Embiids of the world since CC gets dominated by those guys anyway.  We can grab a huge stiff off the bench for when we need an extra body, but I think CC's 20+ mil could be better used elsewhere.  Or maybe we can bring him off the bench?  

Replacing CC with OO or anyone with any sort of jumper would just open up our offense tremendously.  I don't see how anyone could guard us.  

Sure, we will lose some interior help D and rebounding, but I think the pros outweigh the cons here.  OO isn't a bad rebounder, and he's a good defender.  Just needs to get better at staying out of foul trouble, which I think he will be forced to learn if he's playing extended minutes.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think JC is versatile enough that he's worth keeping for a season under Quin.  Assuming he doesn't get seriously injured and ends up declining the player option, he'd basically be an expiring after next year if it truly doesn't work out -- which should make him easier to trade if needed.  CC does feel like the most likely trade to happen this offseason as a lot of teams will specifically need what he has to offer, which means we could get some value back.

• Like 3