• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Scoop on NBA radio said best fits for Jaylen to be the man is:

Houston

Atlanta

The goal would be for him not to be 'the man' tho really, right?   And which Scoop is this?  Do we like this Scoop? 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The goal would be for him not to be 'the man' tho really, right?   And which Scoop is this?  Do we like this Scoop? 

I have no clue they said he is an insider at Bally sports or something. Never heard of dude but he has a certain swag which reminds me of Stephen a smif I don’t love it.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have no clue they said he is an insider at Bally sports or something. Never heard of dude but he has a certain swag which reminds me of Stephen a smif I don’t love it.

Maybe Scoop Jackson that used to wrote for slam magazine or something.  I recall he had swag and reminded me of Stephen A.  Yeah probably him.  He aiight I guess, but he's just an opinion just like ours. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Vegas knows. 

Vegas knows... what?  😇

2023-05-30_15-56-48.png

Here's one, though, that's actually licensed in the US... fwiw... and unlike the other, this includes the option of Brown remaining in green for 2024.

2023-05-30_15-59-11.png

Draft Kings write-up makes some good points....

2023-05-30_16-01-03.png

• Like 2

You know, I had this sneaking suspicion last summer that the media only awarded Trae All-NBA to F with the Hawks' cap sheet.  That suspicion was confirmed when they went right back to forgetting about him the following year. 

I'm getting that same suspicion with Jaylen and his selection.  The media are doing some real "regime change" level ish.  Arbitrarily hand out or withhold awards just so they have stories and narratives to sell during the fallout.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

Do you think that it helps us to have a 2/3 who can't dribble?

Most of my proposals have JB coming without the loss of DJM because we would still need a secondary ball handler.   When they trap on Trae, we can always move the ball into DJM's hands.    I see JB as a SF for us.. even though he's not a big wing in height, he's a big wing in size.   He's very strong. 

I'm having mixed feelings about JB though.  It's a winning move because he's a 27 ppg player but... But... How's his defense?  How's his dribbling?  Aside from scoring, would he make us better?

I think the anticipation for us is there but I don't know if we will like what we get for the price. 

I'm willing to wait and see what Quin can do with what he have. 

Getting JB is a straightjacket move.   We won't be able to do anything so we better win. 

• Like 2

I love Brown as a player, but I’m old enough to remember the excitement when the Hawks made the deal to bring Shareef Abdur-Rahim back home.  I feel like we are looking at similar caliber players.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I love Brown as a player, but I’m old enough to remember the excitement when the Hawks made the deal to bring Shareef Abdur-Rahim back home.  I feel like we are looking at similar caliber players.  

Just a minute there KB...

We brought Shareef in and told him his coach is Lon Kruger... or was it Terry Stotts?  Either way.. we gave him a terrible coach and a out of position PG.. and Still Shareef gave us 20/10 nightly.

Yet... I do see your point.

I'm getting off the train of wanting JB because he wants us.   I got to focus on the player. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He does? Did he say something or just wear a Braves 🧢

I'm a symbol guy. 

If he's wearing Braves hats in more than one press conference, then I'm believing that he's signalling that he wants to play in Atlanta.   Not to mention, I believe he has said as much earlier in his career. 

The Supermax is a game changer.

What I mean is that Now Boston has to strongly consider if they want to give it to him and I think their answer is a resounding No.   That's disregarding game 7.   I've seen so much about his deficiencies that it seems like they are trying to purposely wreck his value.   It's working.   I always knew his efficiency is kinda crappy.. but now his ball handling is garbage... and his defense is hot garbage.   They have painted him as a scheme defensive player with bad BBIQ.

Yes, the devaluation plan is working.  Because a lot of what is being shown is true. 

• I'm not giving DJM for JB.
  • I might not want to give Hunter for JB if I have to had 12 million dollars more of good players.  
  • The only reason I would give JC for JB is to help JC out...
  • I don't want to give up Bogi.  We need shooting.

but if Quin has a good plan for JC... I would love to see what we have.   

Why my about face on JB?  His deficiencies and his pricetag. 

If he's making 43 Million dollars, we're locked in.   Is he a game changer?

Somewhere in my mind, I'm at peace letting him go to Houston... and regretting that we didn't trade Hunter for him. 

• Thanks 1