• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hefty cost vs. Fair trade...  Must be debated...

DJM for Gallo and three first and a pick swap... and two of those first are protected.

I have no reliance on the draft.   I don't throw draft lottery and draft day parties. 

If the players that we have turn out, then draft picks would cause us to throw somebody out. 

Just wasted guaranteed contracts in a time when we are not trying to develop.

Nah...  I'm good.

I really wonder if they thought it would be 3 firsts when the trade went down.  When Miles Bridges went off the rails after the trade everyone knew this became 2 firsts and 2 seconds.  That's as fair as it gets for someone who can come close to averaging a triple double.  We would only have ourselves to blame if any of these become lottery picks.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

For all the talk about every other starter getting traded this off-season, DJM is very plausibly the most likely. It doesn't make me happy to say that. But his contract number is lower, he's at an age where he's heading into his prime years, and he plays a premium position. The only good argument for resisting an offer is that the new head coach has given every indication that he loves the player, and he wants a go at making Trae and DJ this era's answer to Isaiah and Joe.

I think you need to look at it from the other perspective.   He's a key piece to a championship team.   For too long, we have had a losing mentality which is trading off good players for draft picks.  You even see now, we're bellyaching because we've traded off draft picks for a good player.   A long time ago, I wrote about a welfare mentality.   Well.....

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What would you personally do to make it happen if you could do anything? Like imagine it’s fantasy land.. :mellow:

Bringing Bud in as a consultant would be a bit of a misstep.  You can't have a championship coach second guessing the head coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think you need to look at it from the other perspective.   He's a key piece to a championship team.   For too long, we have had a losing mentality which is trading off good players for draft picks.  You even see now, we're bellyaching because we've traded off draft picks for a good player.   A long time ago, I wrote about a welfare mentality.   Well.....

My friend, I think you may have read too much into the observation, since I disagree with none of that. Didn't mean to suggest what would/should happen, but of the "coulds" out there, seems to me he'd be at or near the top of the list for the reasons stated,

• Thanks 1

Tatum and Brown have been to 5 ECFs and has only advanced once.

id love for that to be enough for the Celtics to worry about giving brown the max but likely won’t play a part in it.

Would love to see a Trae, Murray, Brown trio.

IF the hawks ever get two star players that get them deep in the playoffs consistently I could never get rid of that tandem ….not saying Boston will but there more likely to take a chance and do small rebuild due to their franchise history….hawks on the other hand never had a consistent contender and 5 ECFs since 2017 is pretty damn good. At least they are almost a guarantee to get deep in the playoffs ever season.

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's pile on JB time!

Not piling on in my opinion.  I'm torn on Brown.  Playing with Trae would do wonders for his offensive game. The problem is him, Trae , and Murray don't fit.  Brown isn't a three and his defense hasn't been that good since he's taken a leap offensively. 

If Brown and Murray step up on the defensive end, then it might can work. But then, what do you do with Hunter?

It's just so many roster questions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Not piling on in my opinion.  I'm torn on Brown.  Playing with Trae would do wonders for his offensive game. The problem is him, Trae , and Murray don't fit.  Brown isn't a three and his defense hasn't been that good since he's taken a leap offensively. 

If Brown and Murray step up on the defensive end, then it might can work. But then, what do you do with Hunter?

It's just so many roster questions.

I would for sure be willing to move Murray to get Brown here.  If you could by some miracle make a move for Siakam or a player of his caliber.  Then get Brown in FA if he comes available that would be best case scenario i would imagine.   Would probably be almost impossible to do so financially though i would be guessing but i've seen crazier things work so might not be impossible lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Portland wants Brown but they don't want him for a rental.

Portland could play a huge roll in all of this, because I think the question they need to be asking themselves is to rebuild around pick #3, or not to rebuild.

If they do choose to start the rebuild, a 3 team deal of ATL x Boston x Portland makes a lot of sense for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

It’s not happening dude!

Of course their FO is telling everyone an extension is getting done. They have no leverage if the opposite was true.

JB’s body language and comments he’s made about Boston fans and the KD rumors over the past year matter. Read between the lines.

It’s not a full fledged fire, but there’s some smoke there. And where there’s smoke, there’s usually a fire. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't like the Celtics.  I fear that any trade we might make with them would only help them a lot more than us.  If we must trade with them, choose Derrick White.  To me, he is the heart of that team.  Remove the heart and we know what happens then.

But we don't need another PG.  Don't matter.  When you get him, then trade with someone else and solve this problem.  Leave these other Boston player in Boston.  Now, you have my thoughts on the entire idea.

:smug:  GO NUGGETS!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Of course their FO is telling everyone an extension is getting done. They have no leverage if the opposite was true.

JB’s body language and comments he’s made about Boston fans and the KD rumors over the past year matter. Read between the lines.

It’s not a full fledged fire, but there’s some smoke there. And where there’s smoke, there’s usually a fire. 

Even if that’s true we will get outbid for his services!

We can’t compete with what Portland or other teams can offer!

2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Even if that’s true we will get outbid for his services!

We can’t compete with what Portland or other teams can offer!

Eh…probably not for a 1 year rental, especially after last night’s performance.

Brown doesn’t really make sense for Portland unless they’re keeping Dame. Alternatively, the trade only makes sense for Boston IF they’re getting Dame. 

I could honestly see a situation where Boston falls in love with a Dame x Tatum pairing. 

Portland falls in love with Scoot during the draft process and decides to rebuild around him. 

Brown doesn’t want to go through a rebuild in Portland and gets routed to ATL. 

• Like 2