• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

Suns are doing the Nets big 3 crap 💩 all over but instead of Kyme and Harden it’s Beal and Book. 

I don’t know, they quick fix super teams, I kinda hate their guts. That’s another reason I loved the Nuggs winning it all, mainly in house draftees for them in Joker 🃏 Jamal and Porter. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Portland should trade Dame ASAP. See if they can get Ayton for cheap and build around a core of Scoot / Ayton.

Most people think they will but they are talking to teams about trades. Watch for Toronto. Portland turned down a pick swap but if Indy and Toronto do a deal for OG. That would be more inciting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns are doing the Nets big 3 crap 💩 all over but instead of Kyme and Harden it’s Beal and Book. 

I don’t know, they quick fix super teams, I kinda hate their guts. That’s another reason I loved the Nuggs winning it all, mainly in house draftees for them in Joker 🃏 Jamal and Porter. 

Loved the Nuggets winning this year. Huge boost for NBA fans.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Most people think they will but they are talking to teams about trades. Watch for Toronto. Portland turned down a pick swap but if Indy and Toronto do a deal for OG. That would be more inciting. 

Something like:

Indy sends #7 to Toronto, receives OG and #13 

Toronto sends #7 and Pascal to PTL, receives #3

PTL send 3 Toronto, receives #7 and Pascal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dame in Toronto is better than Miami for us.

IF IF IF Miami can figure out a way to get Dame, I’d hope we would take a hard look at OG for his perimeter defense.

Dame / Jimmy would not be fun in the division. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

IF IF IF Miami can figure out a way to get Dame, I’d hope we would take a hard look at OG for his perimeter defense.

Unless I misunderstood @NBASupes....he's saying that before trading Dame, Blazers are looking into trading #3 to improve the team around him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Reminds me of the Joe Johnson trade to BKN. Salary dump for a bunch of expirings. But even we were able to get a protected first out of it.

Ayton the next big domino to fall? Phoenix needs a defensive anchor who can rebound to pair next to those 3.

Capela would honestly be perfect but they ain’t got 💩 to offer.

We also got the TPE that made enough room to sign Kyle Korver.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Imagine all of the mid range shots with Beal Booker and KD......... lol

The offense is gonna be so inefficient.  LeBron old injured, crusty ass dunked more times than all three of them combined last season (74 to 71).  And their three point rates from last season?

Durant 31% below league average 

Booker 24% below league average 

Beal 36% below league average

Going “all in” on a “Big 3” who shoot the three 30% less than league average and have never been defensive standouts to put it mildly.  Playing under a defensive-minded coach who’s likely not enamored with three point volume.  It’s amazing how inept some NBA brass are.

We  (@TheNorthCydeRises most of all) thought we had issues with three point volume.  Bey, Bogi, and AJ’s combined three point rates were 39% over league average, granted they all began the Hawks season at later junctures.  Before Bogi returned it was a real problem.

Luckily Phoenix fans and media are delicate af but we’ll get the usual Stephen A rants about how disappointing they are after he picked them to go the the Finals lol. He can’t understand most of the sh%t I just typed simple as it is.

Edited by benhillboy

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Agree this was an ownership move.  Disagree James Jones was "too smart".

He attached his career to LeBron’s so he’s no dummy lol.  I think you’re judging him based off his special-needsy face (no offense to anyone, I got a retarded aunt so that makes it okay). 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I was talking more about Toronto helping Portland with players for Dame. Not Dame to Toronto. Toronto is not an option for Dame. He only wants Brooklyn or Miami

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He attached his career to LeBron’s so he’s no dummy lol.  I think you’re judging him based off his special-needsy face (no offense to anyone, I got a retarded aunt so that makes it okay). 

*gasp

The crinkling sound is me literally clutching my pearls.

Seriously though, I'm judging him based on him requiring staff to call him "Champ" as if he had any dayum thing to do with those teams winnin any dayum thing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless I misunderstood @NBASupes....he's saying that before trading Dame, Blazers are looking into trading #3 to improve the team around him.

This. The issue is Toronto isn't in the mood of helping anyone. They want to win, just build around a different core.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This. The issue is Toronto isn't in the mood of helping anyone. They want to win, just build around a different core.

Masai being difficult to work with:

Speaking of Anunoby, there is a growing sense among executives who have called the Raptors (albeit with some caution) that Pascal Siakam may be easier to deal with than Anunoby currently. One savvy executive did mention that he felt that was a means to judge market value if and when the Raptors do decide to trade Anunoby. However, it’s fair to say front offices are pretty worn out on the attempts by Toronto to get “blood from a stone” as one executive put it at the deadline in any deal. Multiple sources have described the Raptors as frustrating to deal with. So why keep calling? “There are only 29 teams to work with.”
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Masai being difficult to work with:

Speaking of Anunoby, there is a growing sense among executives who have called the Raptors (albeit with some caution) that Pascal Siakam may be easier to deal with than Anunoby currently. One savvy executive did mention that he felt that was a means to judge market value if and when the Raptors do decide to trade Anunoby. However, it’s fair to say front offices are pretty worn out on the attempts by Toronto to get “blood from a stone” as one executive put it at the deadline in any deal. Multiple sources have described the Raptors as frustrating to deal with. So why keep calling? “There are only 29 teams to work with.”

He's not difficult to work with. He just wants an excellent deal. But a deal normally has one that's either contending or rebuilding and his is trying to contend so it's hard to do a deal with him. With deals, generally one side wants to win but to do an even deal is hard to do. 

To me, it just comes down to what they want to do with FVV. If they want to do a SnT with him, they might as well draft a PG or look to get a PG on the open market like Murray but that's gonna cost them Siakam. I don't see a deal unless they need or want Murray. No one else the Hawks have is equal value and the Raps aren't interested in picks and salary fits. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Super teams are great for a bunch of regular season wins and good vibes throughout most of the year.  If healthy ( a big IF ), there's no reason why those 3 can't win 50+ games in Phoenix next year, and get a top 2 seed in the West.

Come playoff time, those super teams still have to prove themselves on the defensive end.  Look for Phoenix to try to load up on cheap veteran free agent defensive role players.  All of you know the usual suspects.

Bulls sign Patrick Beverley | NBA.com

Clippers To Trade Reggie Jackson To Hornets For Mason Plumlee - BVM Sports

Justin Holiday reportedly near buyout with Rockets, to sign with Mavericks

NBA Free Agency: Could Tristan Thompson be a target for Lakers? - Silver  Screen and Roll

Cavs hopeful Dellavedova will make long-delayed season debut | NBA.com

• Like 2