• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I was high on A.J. as a prospect and had him 2nd on my BB for the Hawks as potential targets after Jalen Williams. 

Defense is definitely the reason why. Offensively, I don't have much bad to say. He can PDS. He can really shoot. He has a good feel for the game. He has a nice pace to his game. 

Defensively, it was a mess at Duke. Hell, it was a mess here once Bogi came back on D for Griffin. 

The question is simple, do you think he can be a better defender than Bey?

I hope so my brother.

I answered your question in my previous post.  Yes, I think he'll be a better defender than Bey once he understands defensive positioning and team concepts. 

You didn't answer question.  Did you see improvement in him from his Duke tape compared to his rookie season tape? 

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, shakes said:

that's 5 seconds wasted that he could've been working on his dribbling.

Been telling yall about Dre's hands for years..lol

download.jpg.531409a70ac47281ad1be63eaba2b7fb.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I answered your question in my previous post.  Yes, I think he'll be a better defender than Bey once he understands defensive positioning and team concepts. 

You didn't answer question.  Did you see improvement in him from his Duke tape compared to his rookie season tape? 

I disagree. I'll believe it when I see it. Bey was a superior defender than Griffin in college playing the same position. 

And obviously. He was able to use his body in the NBA whereas in the NCAA, they don't like defenders who use physical contact on the perimeter. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

This is a very unfair assessment of one of the youngest players in the entire nba. AJ is like the third youngest player across the nba and rookies are bad defensively regardless who it is… 

now onto the actual film, he does not project to be an all nba level defender at all and guarding quicker guys on the perimeter will certainly not be his strong suit but at duke he used his big frame really well down low and he knows how to use his size. His team defensive should be pretty solid. I also think people forget to acknowledge he had a very horrible injury and his burst is slowly coming back. Look at how athletic he was in hs to where he is now. If he gets back to that level he will be an average to above average defender. And yes he will be by far better than bey on that end 

He was never laterally quick even in HS. He was just a lot more explosive and we still haven't seen that explosive back and it's doubt it will be back. He's still explosive enough. 

I completely disagree. I don't believe he will be as good as Bey on defense. He will be better defending 2s than Bey because Bey really can't move his feet but Bey is still a functional team defender even if he lacks the traits to be any good at it.

Edited by NBASupes

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was never laterally quick even in HS. He was just a lot more explosive and we still haven't seen that explosive back and it's doubt it will be back. He's still explosive enough. 

I completely disagree. I don't believe he will be as good as Bey on defense. He will be better defending 2s than Bey because Bey really can't move his feet but Bey is still a functional team defender even if he lacks the traits to be any good at it.

He’s never gonna be the guy to guard smaller quick players (agree with you there 100%) but I think big wings and probably even some small fours he won’t have an issue in my opinion. 

hawks need someone at the 2 who can do the quicker guys so it kinda makes sense they keep being linked to Cason 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He’s never gonna be the guy to guard smaller quick players (agree with you there 100%) but I think big wings and probably even some small fours he won’t have an issue in my opinion. 

hawks need someone at the 2 who can do the quicker guys so it kinda makes sense they keep being linked to Cason 

Hawks need size to play with Trae. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks need size to play with Trae. 

With rumors about a hawks trade up. I wonder if there is any interest in a guy like Ausur Thompson. He (and Amen) is a very polarizing prospect, but his athleticism + size would pair nicely next to trae. 

what are your thoughts on him? Any info on if we even brought him or maybe a whitmore in for a workout? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

With rumors about a hawks trade up. I wonder if there is any interest in a guy like Ausur Thompson. He (and Amen) is a very polarizing prospect, but his athleticism + size would pair nicely next to trae. 

what are your thoughts on him? Any info on if we even brought him or maybe a whitmore in for a workout? 

Whitmore is the only name I've heard and the Hawks.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Whitmore is the only name I've heard and the Hawks.

From what I see, Cam II is the epitome of what Koonin was advocating for in the radio interview a few weeks ago. But could he be a force from Year One? Dunno. 

I keep hearing Woj and others talk about Lively a lot but Lively is in the same tier for Atlanta as some of the other top guys at 15. Why would they move up for him? Whitmore is the one that's not in that range. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I keep hearing Woj and others talk about Lively a lot but Lively is in the same tier for Atlanta as some of the other top guys at 15. Why would they move up for him? Whitmore is the one that's not in that range. 

Because Lively is 7'1" and has similar potential to your boy in Memphis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shakes said:

that's 5 seconds wasted that he could've been working on his dribbling.

I hear ya brother. That boy need to shut up and dribble. 

Dude got a weak ass bucket hat game too. Sunglasses instead? Idiot.... probably a worse defender than AJ too. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Because Lively is 7'1" and has similar potential to your boy in Memphis.

I'm on that train. I just don't want to have to rely on him being that in Year One.

And/but Quin has a good history with players like Lively.

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me if we did a deal with Orlando for (6)Whitmore and Fultz or Issac for Murray and 15. Fultz or Issac fit what Atlanta been looking for. Length and more defensive abilities. Especially Fultz who Atlanta tried to get years ago. 

• Like 2