• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I think they should dump Murray.   His next contract will sink this team and put them forever on the treadmill.

He's good, but not nearly as good as advertised and couldn't do the main thing we brought him here to do (run the offense when Trae is out or being double teamed)

You're not winning any NBA titles when DJM is your second highest paid player.

The biggest disappointment with Murray was actually his POA defense.  That was one of his strengths in San Antonio, but he wasn't a great POA defender this season in Atlanta.  Not sure how much of that is Nate's scheme vs him.  

I want to see him at least till the trade deadline in Quin Snyder's scheme.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

We’re looking to Move Murray???

No.

More like a rip off of this article  and a rip off of the Hawks in trying to make other teams relevant.

On 5/27/2023 at 4:19 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade proposals for the Rockets’ fourth pick in the 2023 NBA Draft

Atlanta Hawks

Rockets receive: Dejounte Murray and John Collins

Hawks receive: Kevin Porter Jr., Jae’Sean Tate, K.J. Martin, the No. 4 pick in 2023, 2025 and 2027 first-round picks

Why Houston does this: This looks like a lot, and it is. It’s only contingent on the Hawks deciding to blow things up rather than wade in the Eastern Conference water. Murray is the prize here, adding a tenacious two-way guard who immediately raises the floor and ceiling of a young team. In Collins, the Rockets get their hands on a player Atlanta clearly wants to move, someone they’ve been interested in and who can be a quality rim protector and lob threat. The Hawks gave up quite a bit in the Murray deal a year ago and would be recouping some of their lost assets. But in reality, do the Rockets even see a combination of Murray and Collins as the way to go, considering how much of their cap space both players would consume?

Jeff Schultz (Atlanta columnist): It’s a nice package and there are some elements of the deal I like, notably the No. 4 pick and the two other first-rounders. Draft picks potentially help the Hawks cut some salary, which is needed. Porter also probably would fit well with Trae Young. The problem is I don’t think the Hawks are in the mode of trading Dejounte Murray. They really like what he brings to the team and they gave up a lot to get him. The persistent question is whether Murray and Young can play together, and that question could be answered early next season. If it doesn’t work, I could see the Hawks using Murray as a valuable trade asset at the deadline, especially since he’ll become a free agent after the season

https://theathletic.com/4550522/2023/05/25/rockets-nba-draft-pick-trade-2023/?source=weeklyemail&campaign=602288

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Makes Wolves better by 3 games and us worse. +/-3 ugh 😑 

"Then it's perfect!" - media

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I honestly think JC is better than KAT. I mean, I dunno. Is KAT available as much as JC? 

Atleast we know Jollins ain't gonna run n hide or become an emotional wreck in the postseason.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Would rather have Porzingis, but this would also be intriguing given the above rumor...

image.thumb.png.393999b4fba2638df6ff8032cd662daa.png

🤕🤢🤮

No offense to Shooter, but this is exactly the kind of trade I consider absurd and mindless and the essence of grass-is-greener-ism. What. The. Hell.

40 minutes ago, sturt said:

No offense to Shooter, but this is exactly the kind of trade I consider absurd and mindless and the essence of grass-is-greener-ism. What. The. Hell.

Offense taken lol

But, I agree. Why I added this -

50 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Porzingis also allows you to keep Murray. 

Porzingis + Murray > KAT 

And it’s not even that close to be honest.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Porzingis also allows you to keep Murray.

The mention of Porzingis originally as having his "tired kicked" seems to have elicited a firestorm of great anticipation around here.

But we'd have to see a reasonable trade proposal before I can even offer any comment. And I'm not sure... remember, this is WAS, desperately in need of a PG... your assertion can be taken for granted in real life.

I’m in the mindset of not switching the “main pieces” with the exception of either Cap or JC, preferably the former due to OO.

We have to see what Q can do with a full year as coach. He’s not a “have multiple stars on his squad” type of a coach. He wins within a system and Trae and DM are plenty enough as far as star ⭐️ power. 

Let’s get Korver’s on this squad. Let’s get a Zaza. Let’s fill it out with 

• Like 1