• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

Just now, terrell said:

CC can be moved.. They've always liked JC.. Just sayin.. 

You gotta have a few vets around even during a rebuild..... lol

They would have better offers than that. Rebuilding teams want draft picks, not vets on hefty contracts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They would have better offers than that. Rebuilding teams want draft picks, not vets on hefty contracts. 

For Porzingis? Maybe maybe not..

We have picks too.. lol

I think any package would start with Dre and one of the young guys. 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

JC and CC for Porzingis, Gafford, and Delon works $ wise.... lol

Trae/Murray/Dre/OO/Porzingis

Delon/Bogi/AJ/JJ/Gafford

They could then move CC for more picks or whatever since they're going full rebuild mode.....

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

Are you assuming Porzy picks up or declines his player option for $36 million becoming a FA and what does a new contract look like to you? Or have you accounted for Gaffords $12 salary for next season and not the $1.9 million he is owed this year?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Delon/Bogi/AJ/JJ/Gafford

They could then move CC for more picks or whatever since they're going full rebuild mode.....

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

You get multiple teams involved to reroute JC and CC and they send the picks to Wash.

I could see this. Porzingis would definitely be a sign and trade though.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are you assuming Porzy picks up or declines his player option for $36 million becoming a FA and what does a new contract look like to you? Or have you accounted for Gaffords $12 salary for next season and not the $1.9 million he is owed this year?

Since rumor is washington is rebuilding I took Gafford out and added Deni. Deni is a lot more attractable player and Schlenk didn’t draft him in 2020 at #9 so there’s no ties between these 2 and Deni is a plus defensively vs Gafford so there’s that. Adding Deni instead of Gafford does create a log jam at SF position but I wouldn’t say is a bad thing based on how our existing wings have played overall.

I then did a sign and trade for Porzingis based on what I thought he’d likely be looking for since this is probably his last big nba contract.

Schlenk is good at getting assets so trading for collins, capela…players he knows about should widen his ability to get more assets which I’m sure is his plan or he wouldn’t have accepted the role. I’m sure he could also find assets for Kuzma fairly easily as well.

image.thumb.png.3b14f06599c07fdf533da6aebd5d8955.png

Delon/Bogi/Bey/Deni/JJ

(Unfortunately AJ was strapped to the bench when Synder took over. Never understood it but he was…oh and yes I’m indicating that our bench plays small ball. I think we should get the best available center in the draft oppose to spending real money on guys like Gafford)

To me, rebuilding means that Bradley Beal is on the trading block.  The Wizards could flip their entire roster next summer if they wanted, but Beal is on a supermax contract.

image.thumb.png.c444506491470eb8ac9c0ea3aacba402.png

For them, I think Gafford is a keep for them, and Kuzma will get the big extension to keep him on the team.   Beal is the obvious trade piece that could dramatically help a team right now, if they're willing to give up draft picks + mid-sized contracts to make things work.

We don't have the draft picks, but we do have the young players that Schlenk is familiar with, that he may want in a deal for Beal.  So instead of trying to get KP, what if Landry goes after Beal?  And what would Schlenk want or accept?

Collins + Murray + Okongwu + 1st rd pick = Beal

Is that too much?  Some people say yes, mainly because we'd lose Okongwu.  But let's really look at this.

Starters

• Trae
  • Beal
  • Hunter
  • JJ
  • Capela

Bench

• Free agent PG /  bring back A. Holiday?  / promote Vit Krejci to backup PG?
  • Bogi
  • AJ
  • Bey ( resigned )
  • Bruno / ( acquire free agent C? )

Of course the appeal to this, is that you add an All-Star level talent to put alongside Trae, and a guy you can legit give the ball to in game closing situations.  Beal's injury history IS concerning ( even more concerning than KP's ).  But at some point, you have to be willing to roll the dice and take chances.

If you wanted to add low cost vets to the team, the backup PG and C spot would be the places to do it.  But we do have players already on the roster that can fill those spots.

One of the things that people have to remember here, is that we were a .500 team last year, and have been around that mark for the past 2 seasons.  As much as we love some of our role players NONE OF THEM can be off the table, if we're talking about acquiring an already high level talent.  So if a team wants OO or AJ or JJ, we have to be willing to listen to those offers AND be willing to part with them.

If ownership decided to swing for the fences this offseason, and part with some of our young role players that we think are vital to what we do around here, I'd have no issue with moving them.  The Lakers gave up all of their young talent in order to get Anthony Davis.  It got them a championship and a Conference Finals appearance in 2 of the 4 year he's been in LA.

So maybe KP isn't going to end up being the target if the Wiz want to blow it up.  It may be Bradley Beal.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Hey North...I may be in the minority but there's no way in h3ll I'm offering or entertaining that package for Beal. Not to have Hunter remain.  Put Hunter for OO in that package and flip CC to another team and that may be feasible.

That's fine.  Just remember what I said.  We're a .500 team, and we're hoping that our young talent can develop to a point where they become high quality players, or even all-star talent.  If ownership think that guy can be Okongwu, then you're correct, you have to hold onto him.

But we need more talent across the board, to get to that next level.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To me, rebuilding means that Bradley Beal is on the trading block.  The Wizards could flip their entire roster next summer if they wanted, but Beal is on a supermax contract.

image.thumb.png.c444506491470eb8ac9c0ea3aacba402.png

For them, I think Gafford is a keep for them, and Kuzma will get the big extension to keep him on the team.   Beal is the obvious trade piece that could dramatically help a team right now, if they're willing to give up draft picks + mid-sized contracts to make things work.

We don't have the draft picks, but we do have the young players that Schlenk is familiar with, that he may want in a deal for Beal.  So instead of trying to get KP, what if Landry goes after Beal?  And what would Schlenk want or accept?

Collins + Murray + Okongwu + 1st rd pick = Beal

Is that too much?  Some people say yes, mainly because we'd lose Okongwu.  But let's really look at this.

Starters

• Trae
  • Beal
  • Hunter
  • JJ
  • Capela

Bench

• Free agent PG /  bring back A. Holiday?  / promote Vit Krejci to backup PG?
  • Bogi
  • AJ
  • Bey ( resigned )
  • Bruno / ( acquire free agent C? )

Of course the appeal to this, is that you add an All-Star level talent to put alongside Trae, and a guy you can legit give the ball to in game closing situations.  Beal's injury history IS concerning ( even more concerning than KP's ).  But at some point, you have to be willing to roll the dice and take chances.

If you wanted to add low cost vets to the team, the backup PG and C spot would be the places to do it.  But we do have players already on the roster that can fill those spots.

One of the things that people have to remember here, is that we were a .500 team last year, and have been around that mark for the past 2 seasons.  As much as we love some of our role players NONE OF THEM can be off the table, if we're talking about acquiring an already high level talent.  So if a team wants OO or AJ or JJ, we have to be willing to listen to those offers AND be willing to part with them.

If ownership decided to swing for the fences this offseason, and part with some of our young role players that we think are vital to what we do around here, I'd have no issue with moving them.  The Lakers gave up all of their young talent in order to get Anthony Davis.  It got them a championship and a Conference Finals appearance in 2 of the 4 year he's been in LA.

So maybe KP isn't going to end up being the target if the Wiz want to blow it up.  It may be Bradley Beal.

Too rich for my blood. Also, not sure Alley Mc is the answer. For some reason I don’t see him trying to grind out games on D in the late stages of game 7’s.

Also, I’m not giving OO unless it’s an insanely unheard of type package.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, Sothron said:

My plan B if Brown/KAT aren't happening would be moving Capela to give OO the start at center. I know we're also kicking the tires on a certain tall Euro player for the Wizards. Not sure how I feel about that one.

Honestly hes a perfect fit with Oneyka. He has all the qualities you want in a forward under Snyder. And pairing it with OO gives you a much larger player that can rebound well, still give you weakside help defense while OO anchors the paint. Health concerns are a big concern though. Did well last szn in washington but would have to load manage him through szn. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Honestly hes a perfect fit with Oneyka. He has all the qualities you want in a forward under Snyder. And pairing it with OO gives you a much larger player that can rebound well, still give you weakside help defense while OO anchors the paint. Health concerns are a big concern though. Did well last szn in washington but would have to load manage him through szn. 

If Porz opts in to his option it could be prefect for us as it gives us a tryout for one season and then we either re-sign or let him walk and free cap space. OKC has picks and needs vets.  This deal technically 'works' but saric is UFA so not sure how that works as far as okc's cap hold.  Houston only does it if Harden is coming back of course  

image.png

Seems kind of unlikely Kristaps opts in though vs signing a longer deal but i don't know.  He's still not that old.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

If Porz opts in to his option it could be prefect for us as it gives us a tryout for one season and then we either re-sign or let him walk and free cap space. OKC has picks and needs vets.  This deal technically 'works' but saric is UFA so not sure how that works as far as okc's cap hold.  Houston only does it if Harden is coming back of course  

image.png

Seems kind of unlikely Kristaps opts in though vs signing a longer deal but i don't know.  He's still not that old.  

Why would the Rockets do that?

38 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Is there any indication that NO is getting tired of Zion and opening a path to a trade after his recent drama?

What drama? Eating too much? lol

I cant see this dude having a long career in the NBA..

The "Hawkspital" doesnt need any more patients......

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, terrell said:

What drama? Eating too much? lol

I cant see this dude having a long career in the NBA..

The "Hawkspital" doesnt need any more patients......

The recent drama is online drama where his girlfriend is losing her mind because another woman has come forward and she is having his baby.  The jilted girlfriend is pissed.  I haven't seen anything but the headlines but it looks pretty ugly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

Is there any indication that NO is getting tired of Zion and opening a path to a trade after his recent drama?

I wouldn't touch that guy with a 1,000 ft (stripper) pole.

In all seriousness, he's shown no ability or propensity for any level of professionalism.   I'd be shocked if he's in the league in 2 years. 

• Like 1