• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After the Trade Dust....Current roster

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

when JJ is on the court the hawks are -4.8 and +.8 with him off.

Um yeah, but don't forget that when he's off the court, you can go back to your first line in your post to discover the biggest reason for that...

21 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Our starters are not the problem. 12.4 +/- when on the court together.

That's not the right comparison, then.

What you want to know is how does the 2nd unit  perform when he's on or off.

I think JJ's presence is, to the contrary, emerging as a good thing for that 2nd unit far more than not... but I don't have number to support that right now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sturt said:

That's not the right comparison, then.

What you want to know is how does the 2nd unit  perform when he's on or off.

I think JJ's presence is, to the contrary, emerging as a good thing for that 2nd unit far more than not... but I don't have number to support that right now.

You may be on to something ... 

• DJ / Bogi / AG / JJ / OO = 188 Possessions / +6.9
  • DJ / AHol / JHol / JJ / OO = 84 / +23.9
  • DJ / AHol / AG / JJ / OO = 81 / +1.2
  • Trae / AHol / JHol / JJ / CC = 76 / -10.0
  • Trae / AHol / AG / JJ / CC = 75 / -16.0
  • Trae / AHol / JHol / JJ / OO = 51 / -4.0

So it seems he plays much better with DJ than Trae. Perhaps he gets more touches and the ball moves better with Trae off the court. So listen up Nate. Stop pairing JJ with Trae. Doesn't work.

Also that adds to the complication of getting enough time for AG / JJ / Bey. How do you split the minutes without reducing Bogi's .... because I will stand by that's not happening (Until Nate proves me wrong). Unless Bey draws the short straw.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can't say he will replace Bogi who can PDS at a very high level but he gives a cheaper player who can do a lot of positive things on both ends as a rotational piece. He makes Bogi expendable and as of before the trade, he was not.

What does PDS stand for?

On 2/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, Sothron said:

I'm much more worried about JJ losing minutes. They can move Hunter to play as a small PF and have Bey on the court with him as the SF. 

Bey plays some PF too.. He's not the best defender but he always hustles...Unlike some of our guys...

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

You may be on to something ... 

• DJ / Bogi / AG / JJ / OO = 188 Possessions / +6.9
  • DJ / AHol / JHol / JJ / OO = 84 / +23.9
  • DJ / AHol / AG / JJ / OO = 81 / +1.2
  • Trae / AHol / JHol / JJ / CC = 76 / -10.0
  • Trae / AHol / AG / JJ / CC = 75 / -16.0
  • Trae / AHol / JHol / JJ / OO = 51 / -4.0

So it seems he plays much better with DJ than Trae. Perhaps he gets more touches and the ball moves better with Trae off the court. So listen up Nate. Stop pairing JJ with Trae. Doesn't work.

Also that adds to the complication of getting enough time for AG / JJ / Bey. How do you split the minutes without reducing Bogi's .... because I will stand by that's not happening (Until Nate proves me wrong). Unless Bey draws the short straw.

Those look like our lineups from the first ten games of the season when we played both of the Holiday brothers with JJ and our bench sunk us.  Once Griffin emerged and Bogi came back we cut out a lot of the minutes for the Holiday bros.  

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, sturt said:

Here's how I've got the minutes distribution sorting out for the rest of the season, though granted, probably don't see Bey integrated fully for the first few games.

2023-02-11_06-35-35.png

Hunter at 25 minutes? I can't see that happening. He'll get  30 minutes.

I can't see Bogi dropping from  30 minutes to 15...he'll get about 20 minutes.

I like our roster especially our top 8 and now after trades our bench should e better and more focus on being ale to back up our often injured starters.

I like Nate but I just think it is time to move on and get a younger coach with better idea's on offense and get someone in that can ratchet up our defense.

I think with our top 8 and some tweaks to our depth and the right coach we are contenders. Sad we keep treading water in place with what we have now.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter at 25 minutes? I can't see that happening. He'll get  30 minutes.

I can't see Bogi dropping from  30 minutes to 15...he'll get about 20 minutes.

Plausible. I could go with a range on those two of 25-30 for Dre, and 15-20 for BogBog. And, this is more about what I hope will happen than what will  happen, but there's reason to want to see BogBog in particular get more down time, conserving his knees to some degree for post season.

Bruno could not get minutes on the worst team in the league. Baring major injuries he will see garbage time minutes only. Matthew’s will see similar minutes. He is a shooter who does not shoot well. Both were acquired for cap savings only. That said the picks the Hawks gave up to get them were more valuable then the players.

Bey is a legitimate addition to the rotation. I don’t think he will be ahead of either Bogi or AJ but he will be important when the inevitable Hunter or Bogi injury occurs. 

Bey and OO are on the same timeline for new contacts so query if they both will fit from a financial perspective going forward. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I think Jalen will be reduced.

Here's why I don't.

Contrary to the predisposition around here, Nate actually went on record preseason as saying (paraphrase, but close to verbatim) he was expecting Jalen would earn back-up PF minutes this season... in other words, that he was going into the season with the mindset that JJ would be in the rotation, as long as he justified that mindset.

I think he's justifying that mindset.

And. Add to that, as it is, he's not playing all that many minutes from which you can cut and get anything meaningful... as opposed to BogBog whose 30 minutes is quite easy to cut from.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, sturt said:

I'm hopeful if not expectant to see BogBog's minutes dip significantly within the next 5-6 games. By this time next month, I anticipate Bey getting more minutes than BogBog routinely, largely out of a motivation to have BogBog as fresh as possible for post season.

2023-03-09_21-58-18.png

2023-03-09_22-00-32.png

• Like 1