• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Knicks- Defensive Miscues - Hawks Disaster-class

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Actually... there is some evidence. This isn't a smoking gun, but troublesome even if there's a grain of truth to this. 

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/former-nba-players-slam-nate-mcmillan

Here's a snippet from the SI article about what Matt Barnes and Jelani McCoy talked about in regards to Nate McMillan. If this is the case (I hope not), I can definitely see Nate giving the Hawks no backup option and going down with the ship. I'd be curious to know how the current situation compares to when he left his other Teams?

image.gif.5af33e26240ad5668f3d39205f1aaa6a.gif

5 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

i need to stop sharing my homework

Glen Willis did it! :huh:

12 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Ehh... Looks like a fundamentally bad defensive team. Coaching and players. 

The roster needs an overhaul besides a few key young core players (OO, AJ, Trae, DJ)

JJ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

When you go down to 200 minutes....

We hold the 3rd and 4th positions for Dfrgs.

That's over Boston, Miami, etc...

Just now, Diesel said:

When you go down to 200 minutes....

We hold the 3rd and 4th positions for Dfrgs.

That's over Boston, Miami, etc...

How is our defense so good here but we fail the eye test so badly???

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, terrell said:

14? Doesnt really matter..

Ive watched this lineup give uo 30+ point qtrs consistently..

Well the rating suggests that we were no the only ones giving up 30 pt qtrs... and we had less than most everybody else. 

8 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Actually... there is some evidence. This isn't a smoking gun, but troublesome even if there's a grain of truth to this. 

Here's a snippet from the SI article about what Matt Barnes and Jelani McCoy talked about in regards to Nate McMillan. If this is the case (I hope not), I can definitely see Nate giving the Hawks no backup option and going down with the ship. I'd be curious to know how the current situation compares to when he left his other Teams?

Thanks for sharing this.

can’t wait to get a new head coach.

11 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Thanks for posting this.  Nate can't be gone soon enough for me.  

13 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Squawkers, give this a listen, starting at the 9:45 mark.  They talk about what we here mostly believe about our head coach.  If what they say is true, and we have no reason to doubt, Nate should just simply go away.

This is not happening.  If it was, it would already be history.  Lord, give us fans the strength to endure, what ever happens.  We all know that we have a rough road ahead.  

🕵️‍♂️

• Premium Member

Yeah, part of the problem is adapting.   Going farther, offense is something that has to improve.  We're predictable on offense.   We actually are good on defense... but scores would help our defense a lot more.     The creativity of our offense and knowing how to play in this generation of Offensive BBall is where I think we're struggling the most. 

And we can't use generic answers. 

i.e.   Budball won't work here. 

We do need a fluid offense... and we need an offense where our PF can be a contributor.

Some of you will say JC... but at this point, it doesn't matter who the PF or SF.. they don't have a true role in this offense.   We can do better. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Yeah, part of the problem is adapting.   Going farther, offense is something that has to improve.  We're predictable on offense.   We actually are good on defense... but scores would help our defense a lot more.     The creativity of our offense and knowing how to play in this generation of Offensive BBall is where I think we're struggling the most. 

And we can't use generic answers. 

i.e.   Budball won't work here. 

We do need a fluid offense... and we need an offense where our PF can be a contributor.

Some of you will say JC... but at this point, it doesn't matter who the PF or SF.. they don't have a true role in this offense.   We can do better. 

We lack clutch genes.  We should probably just let JJ and AJ log heavy minutes the rest of the way.  We know what the other guys can do and it's not enough.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Either way, none of the top 5 defensive teams have representation for 5 minute lineups at the 300 minute threshold.  It's a bit of a misleading stat.

shh, you're upsetting the newest board narrative.

New board narratives:

1.  Hey everyone just ignore everything you've seen all year cause turns out we're actually the best defensive team in the NBA.  Why?  StATs!!!!

2.  Forget about how terrible Trae has been this year because he's been slightly better the last 25 games!