• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

9 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

He didn’t actually say Trae got Nate fired.  He said emphatically that LP was a terrible fit and worst coach he’s ever had.  He then said Nate is a different story, but he never said Trae got him fired.  Just meant that he wasn’t necessarily fired for the same reasons as LP.  

Correct! I oversimplified and this is a much better summary of Chandler's statement. Listening to these talking heads is quite numbing haha! Hate that I gave it a click.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Fair questions.

Are they though?

NBA head coach jobs don't fall off trees.

To be fair to Lloyd... not that anyone here is ever especially interested in being fair to any former ATL head coach... hehe... yeah, there's a definite pattern there... hehehe...

1. It's quite normal for a head coach to go somewhere to be an assistant for awhile before rising to the top of the list for some team's vacancy. Nothing unusual about that.

2. Lloyd did land with a team whose coach is among the generally-well-regarded head coaches in the league.

3. Pops can't hire everybody. But there can be little doubt that Pops thinks highly of Lloyd. We can debate how much of that is about basketball versus how much of it is about politics, but his sincerity in his comments shouldn't be blown off.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Doesn't change my point....I did not like Nate's change to the offense then and this year.

That was always my fear when they decided to hire him after that season.  I feared that he would go away from the more up tempo, shoot threes, get out in transition style.  It's why my preference was Kenny Atkinson at the time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Doesn't change my point....I did not like Nate's change to the offense then and this year.

Well, first, I didn't specify any one individual in my allegation of "shallow" conclusions.

But clearly I was speaking to one conclusion in particular that's been asserted my multiple Squawkers in this thread.

And second, you agreed with that one.

And third, it won't ... though it should ... change agreement on that one by whoever has endorsed it.

2023-02-24_11-10-04.png

• Moderators
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's highly valued within coaching circles in the NBA even if the Squawk hates him

If he is highly valued, he will be head coach of a team next year.  He has had two years already and no one has hired him.  When I think of a coach who is "highly valued", I think they don't really have a problem getting their next job.

• Like 3