• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think you’re reading too much into it. You never know …they could have been eyeballing Synder to be the next head coach months ago when the Mcmillian issues started.

I’m ok with this. If we get to a point where Trae Request a trade or wants out ….this is one of my top reasons wanting Synder here. Keeping a top tier coach long term is important to me regardless of what happens with any star player. That’s not to say I’m choosing Snyder over Trae…I’m not choosing at all.

Many are going to hate this post but that’s not how I see it. You are betting that Trae will not work in Snyder system no matter how much Synder adjust his system for Trae.…Thats fair!

I’m a huge Trae fan and I’m not mad about your opinion or thought process on this ….but Synder is on record stating that he adjust his offenses based on the personnel of the team and he did that in Utah. I recently posted an article about that with quotes directly from Synder.

Im not really worried about Synder and Trae relationship…I think as fans we need to hold both accountable. Synder needs to do his best to make Trae Young work greatly in his offense and as long as he does that I’m good with Synder ….and for Trae….

Trae needs to stay true to his desires that we’ve learned about! I will keep saying this because to me it’s gold! @NBASupes you know better than I do that Soth source has said multiple times that Trae has pushed and wanted a motion offense. Soth has said it so much I’m shocked no one brings it up as much as I do…I trust the source so for me trae got or will get what he asked for . It’s time to show up now! …..Simple as that ….

im not going to say Trae can’t operate in a motion offense system .. I personally think it’s ONLY fair to give Trae the opportunities to show us before we judge regardless of the styles we’ve seen him play in the past. Maybe Trae wants to learn the motion offense to better himself as an offensive player.

We know he’s not going to fit instantly but how do we know he doesn’t have desire to learn and grow to be a great fit ? 

For me, it's a skill-set thing more than a personality thing. I think Trae would be open to the idea till it's time to do it in the game and he sucks at it when he's elite at what he does. That's frustrating. I don't see this working out long-term. With Trae, he's tough to move because his market value is worth every penny of his deal even if some teams around the league don't think he has that overall value. That said, for Atlanta to move him, they must get market value. Nothing less and that's in quality, not in quantity as they can't afford a quantity deal for Trae. Trae is just too valuable. Atlanta's attendance is 103.8. The Resslers are making a lot of money with these Hawks. Far more than ASG ever made or dreamt of. That said, if you want to win, you gotta find a star which gives us a better fit. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

David Robinson had 6 coaches before Pop finally took over

• Larry Brown
  • Bob Bass ( who was the VP of operations that took over for Brown )
  • Jerry Tarkanian ( fired after 20 games )
  • Rex Hughes ( coached only 1 game )
  • John Lucas
  • Bob Hill

Only Hill got them to the WC Finals before he was eventually fired.  None of those coaches lasted more than 3 years with Robinson.

The problem wasn't Robinson.  He was All-NBA.  The problem was the talent around Robinson, which just wasn't good enough to beat the Seattles, Portlands, Phoenixes, and Utahs of the world on a consistent basis.  90s Spurs were essentially the Hawks, before Pop took over and they got Tim Duncan.

Trae needs another Hall of Fame level talent next to him, just like the other top guys in the league, to see the Hawks get to the next level.  If not, Trae will have to play like the best PG of all time.

I feel you, but Robinson never had a label.. And wasnt nearly as polarizing as Trae..Come on now.. This isnt the same situation or era... Not saying its right or wrong.. Just saying..

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Robinson served in the military, no one was ever going to dislike him.

Trae was hated before he played his first professional game. All because WE traded for him. He is only polarizing because he has done so well and made his competition look bad while doing it. He never asked for the hate, but here we are. There is an endless list of players who could have the exact same career to date as Trae and not have ANY of the same criticisms. His narrative was not earned, therefore in my eyes who cares what people think. They were going to dislike this kid no matter what he did. They literally have already proven this to be true.

Robinson was seen as 'too nice' before Duncan made him a winner. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Keep the movie villain out of Atlanta.  Easily one of the most overrated scrub Hawk players in history.

Although I was in the building when he hit the 1-legged 3 vs Charlotte to tie the game up at the end of regulation.  I think he was 0 - 6 before that shot.

I was there too! Just a few rows behind the Hawks bench! I was laughing my ass off when that happened. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

A motion offense may reduce his assist opportunities, but it could potentially get him much easier shots.

The one thing about the current offense is that while Trae is excellent in getting people easy wide open shots, almost no one on the team makes the extra pass back to Trae to get him a wide open spot up 3.  Less than 1.5 catch and shoot 3s per game for Trae.

I don’t really believe it will decrease his assists any. In fact, it may increase them. The style of office will create a lot of kitchen. Shoot opportunities for guys.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was listening to NBA Radio guys dog out the job and it's a damn shame because it's a really good job. I hear one idiot say Lauri is easier to build around than Trae. I wanted to slap the shit out of him through the radio. I may have my issues with Trae but the level national guys go to disrespect Trae is insane. 

I was a long time listener and about a month ago I just completely stopped. I will probably tune in again once the playoffs hit but reasons like you mentioned above drives me insane.

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was listening to NBA Radio guys dog out the job and it's a damn shame because it's a really good job. I hear one idiot say Lauri is easier to build around than Trae. I wanted to slap the shit out of him through the radio. I may have my issues with Trae but the level national guys go to disrespect Trae is insane. 

Massive disrespect all over out there. It’s everywhere.. radio, podcasts, etc.

Edited by theheroatl

I'm not piling on Trae or going after "low hanging fruit" when I make this statement:  Success for Synder with Trae Young isn't JUST predicated on him getting Trae back to where he was on offense and adjusting his offense to fit Trae Young.  Trae Young dominated in a pick and roll under both Pierce and McMillan.  The Hawks had a top offense at one point until they went away from the pick and roll. 

Trae dominated the ball in a pick and roll offense and took bad shots, took bad shots at the wrong time of the game,  took bad shots after the Hawks would climb back from 10 or more points in the 4th,  not passing the ball to open wing defenders so that he can drive into the entire defense in the paint, not playing defense, etc.  Its more than getting Hawks BACK to a pick and roll offense where Trae can dominate.  Its a TEAM game.

I made the analogy before with Jordan and the triangle offense.  Phil Jackson wasn't the mastermind of that offense, but he saw that it was the type of offense that FORCED Jordan to have the entire offense involved on offense while letting him still be a dominate offensive player.  Its about sharing the offense so that talented offensive players will play defense on the other end also.  No NBA team is gonna play the kind of defense the Hawks need while Trae is dominating on the other end with pick and rolls and bad shots.  THAT is what Synder has to correct.  Changing his offense back to the status quo is not the answer and I will be highly surprised if that is the route he will go.  Jackson brought in x and o people and handled the personalities on the Bulls.  This is about personalities as well as about x's and o's.

The Warriors play defense and share the ball on offense.  Curry doesn't dominate the ball in the same way.  That was the blueprint.  At its core, this Hawks team is still modeled after Golden State. The Hawks have Warrior type players, but don't play Warrior type ball.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

That’s exactly what will happen in Snyder’s offense, IMO.  The motion of the offense will help the supporting players tremendously.  Very interested in seeing what some of them can do with better spacing and increased pace.  

Thats what I want to see.