• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Lloyd Pierce has never stopped taking little shots at Trae since before and after he got fired. It is pretty petty.

To this day i still think he's a bum of a coach and don't care to much for his character either.  With all the little shots he takes and being petty about stuff i swear he acts like a child at times it's sorta embarrassing.   Just got done watching that Parsons video and he was pretty much spot on with Lloyd as well i loved to see it.

Nate on the other hand i don't think is a bad person nor a bad coach but he is 100% without a shadow of a doubt one of the most stubborn set in his ways coach their is in the league.  It has literally costed him multiple jobs for the same reasons over and over again.  The Pacers fans warned us what exactly would happen in that he would refuse to give time to talented young players and refuse to change any scheme or rotations that didn't work with the players he had.  Fast forward to now and those same 3 things cost him another job because he can't get out of his own way and fix his own issues.  He could probably win on a Lebron led style team where it's full of vets that prefer things set in stone. 

• Like 4

I just want to say it’s a pleasure discussing the Hawks future with so many passionate Hawks fans such as yourselves. :smile: 

Growing up in the west coast I didn’t have a single Hawks fan friend. Now I’m literally in a community full of them that feels like more than friends but rather family.

Love you all and appreciate you all as well. :hug:

• Like 4

Lloyd Pierce couldn’t coach himself out of a paper bag. Nate has proven himself to be what is he is now previously at Indiana. We just decided to give him another shot like some retreads are given occasionally.

As for Trae Young, the kid is more talented than most NBA players and people want to blame him for losses or coaching problems? F them.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Lloyd Pierce couldn’t coach himself out of a paper bag. Nate has proven himself to be what is he is now previously at Indiana. We just decided to give him another shot like some retreads are given occasionally.

As for Trae Young, the kid is more talented than most NBA players and people want to blame him for losses or coaching problems? F them.

LP was a tremendous coaching talent who innovation skills is rare but his lack of ability to connect with his players and his sabotaging of Trae was insane and made him much less valued than he was. He was a more creative HC than Bud or Nate and it earned him respect and love from his peers around the league but he cared more about his peers than his own HC path in my opinion. 

I liked what LP wanted to do vision wise. Sadly, he couldn't connect it for longer than a short period of time 

Trae has his worts but what he gets blamed for by the media is not accurate 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ok, I'll fade off into the Bolivian on this one.  Seems I'm outnumbered.

Im not gonna be one of the miserable ones rooting for things to fail so they can say they were right tho.  I'll leave that to (we all know who). Hahaa. 

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47l7qt8lwhdqm0d9hr8

🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, you got the head Atl Media guy on your side. So there's that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, you got the head Atl Media guy on your side. So there's that...

Jeff has proven time after time that he doesn't have a brain. Any person in with an IQ over 10 can see that there is no reason not to hire right now. What's the worst that can happen. It just so happens that Snyder and Udoka are not currently working so it makes sense to hire now to evaluate for off-season moves.

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Parsons really didn't hold anything back. Good. I'm tired of LP getting this bizarre treatment like he was some genius coach when he was a disaster.

LP was a brilliant idiot if that makes sense. Innovative, smart as a wip, shit personality and only cared about what the outside thought when his main job was to coach a damn Basketball team 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think point 1 is the reason why Hawks would hire now.  If they want Snyder and feel strongly about it, show him by making a strong offer without talking to anyone else. 

He actually builds a strong case for moving now and then contradicts that message in point 2.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

🤣🤣🤣

Jeff is a Dumbass. If we wait he is gone. He has connections with our front office and was here during some of the Bud years, he knows the building and owners. He is pretty much a perfect fit for us. Either Pounce now before other teams have opening's or pick up scraps during the off season.

Its a great idea to get a full time coach now and not have a Nate situation where you go deep in the playoffs and have to go with them.

This new front office has been making very good decisions since the reshuffle and learning fton the padt mistakes of the old front office.

Im pretty happy with them. I hope it soon translates to wins but they certainly do not sit around when obvious stuff needs to be fixed.

Edited by swanlee

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think Schlultz answered his own question right there.  It's not rushed for no reason.  I think the FO wants to get "their man" before anybody else has the chance to. 

37 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think point 1 is the reason why Hawks would hire now.  If they want Snyder and feel strongly about it, show him by making a strong offer without talking to anyone else. 

He actually builds a strong case for moving now and then contradicts that message in point 2.  

Missed this... but Yes!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Thinking about Chandler's suggestion of getting a star player to play beside Trae.

Who would be the best candidate?

I have save before...

PG13.

However, right now, it's hard to see Trae deferring the Face of the Team to anybody else.   Maybe if we got Embiid?

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Thinking about Chandler's suggestion of getting a star player to play beside Trae.

Who would be the best candidate?

I have save before...

PG13.

However, right now, it's hard to see Trae deferring the Face of the Team to anybody else.   Maybe if we got Embiid?

PG13 is going to finish his career with the Clippers and he's not a #1 option. 

We don't need a face, we got one already with Trae. We need a #1 option. Someone that can draw double teams, force the defense to scheme against them so Trae can use his best skill which is his high end playmaking. 

The issue we have this year compared to previous is Trae and Capela haven't been elite at what they do. Trae hasn't been elite on offense. Capela hasn't been elite on defense and we don't look as good due to it. At times, Clint been elite on D this year and we looked good, at least the starters did. Same for Trae but for offense. 

The problem is, Clint anti gravity kills us on offense. We need someone someone who can force the defense to think twice about selling out on Trae. Embiid would be perfect but him and Harden are looking amazing together finally and if Harden stays, zero chance Embiid goes. 

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Parsons really didn't hold anything back. Good. I'm tired of LP getting this bizarre treatment like he was some genius coach when he was a disaster.

Who is stating that Pierce was a genius? No one has offered him another head coaching job so clearly that's not the sentiment of the league. And actually Parsons is saying some of the same things the local media "traeters" are saying. That Trae struggles with leadership and he is best off as the second or third guy, that's literally what he just said in the interview.