• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Play-In watch! Now Pre-Game Thread.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They could fix the lottery by making the odds a formula of your last three seasons record.  If someone really wants to tank three seasons then go for it but otherwise i think it would resolve a lot of tanking if a single season tank doesn't drastically improve your odds.  

This I like a lot.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, AHF said:

I think there would actually be more problems with a tournament approach to the lottery.  I can only imagine how the game would be called in a NY vs Atlanta matchup but if past is predicate we know Atlanta will get the short end of the stick.  (I'm not envisioning the league ordering a Sacramento / Lakers style debacle but more that certain teams, players, and cities are favored over others on a routine basis.)  

But I'm also someone who doesn't buy the idea that lottery is rigged.

You're 1000% right of course, but when I consider the idea that the game is being tilted towards players/markets/betting odds...it makes me sick to my stomach.  Consequently, I sort of suspend my disbelief in ref shenanigans.  It's hard for me to enjoy the game otherwise.  FWIW, I don't believe the whole of the lottery is rigged.  Especially now with the odds changes, I have a bit more faith in the system. 

Fun fact: I tried to hide that word from you specifically and you zeroed in on it like a Hawk! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

looks like it is set in stone, opening round of the playin will feature the Shakes Bowl, Hawks vs Bulls as the teams battle for my allegiance.  Little do they know, I've already been sleeping with OKC for months.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

• ---Andre Drummond missed his first game of the season with what Donovan called “a pretty decent ankle sprain.” Drummond is wearing a boot to protect his left foot and Donovan also said he’s using a motorized scooter for mobility because of weight-bearing issues and the amount of swelling he has. Drummond said injuries obviously stink but “are part of the game.” Asked about his potential availability for next week’s play-in game, Drummond said “that’s the goal.”
  • ---Ayo Dosunmu missed his second straight game with a right quadriceps injury that Donovan called “a deep thigh contusion.” Dosunmu got kneed during Sunday’s Orlando game. Donovan said Dosunmu experiences discomfort when he contracts the muscle.
  • ---The Bulls will obviously prioritize trying to have both players healthy for the play-in if possible as opposed to rushing them back for regular-season action. But there’s no guarantee for that either.
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

they should skip this travesty of a game and just have Coby White and Trae play 3 rounds of rock, paper, scissors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Facts.  Find the lie,  @shakes.

Will the Bulls fans let you back in the herd if they win? 

the lie is that there's no way I'm skinny enough to pull off wearing multiple jerseys at the same time.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

• ---Andre Drummond missed his first game of the season with what Donovan called “a pretty decent ankle sprain.” Drummond is wearing a boot to protect his left foot and Donovan also said he’s using a motorized scooter for mobility because of weight-bearing issues and the amount of swelling he has. Drummond said injuries obviously stink but “are part of the game.” Asked about his potential availability for next week’s play-in game, Drummond said “that’s the goal.”
  • ---Ayo Dosunmu missed his second straight game with a right quadriceps injury that Donovan called “a deep thigh contusion.” Dosunmu got kneed during Sunday’s Orlando game. Donovan said Dosunmu experiences discomfort when he contracts the muscle.
  • ---The Bulls will obviously prioritize trying to have both players healthy for the play-in if possible as opposed to rushing them back for regular-season action. But there’s no guarantee for that either.

We are better than them. 

As long as Philly is Top 6, I think Hawks are 90% or better to make the playoffs. If you had to take 2 of Orlando, Indy, Miami, Atlanta, and Chicago, I don't see how Hawks aren't favored to be in top 2. 

If you add Philly to that the odds drop substantially. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

As long as Philly is Top 6, I think Hawks are 90% or better to make the playoffs. If you had to take 2 of Orlando, Indy, Miami, Atlanta, and Chicago, I don't see how Hawks aren't favored to be in top 2. 

Hawks can have a say in final seeding for the 6th spot tomorrow. 

If Magic and Indy lose they'll be in the playin at 7 and 8, while if the Sixers and Heat win they be in the playoffs at 5 and 6. I think.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We are better than them. 

Haven't you heard?  They have Caruso who's worth like 8 1st rounders via trade. 

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

So, if im reading you correctly, youre saying the biggest thing Philly has going for itself is they're no longer "coached" by GLLLLenn Rivers. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Haven't you heard?  They have Caruso who's worth like 8 1st rounders via trade. 

So, if im reading you correctly, youre saying the biggest thing Philly has going for itself is they're no longer "coached" by GLLLLenn Rivers. 

It still blows my mind that Milwaukee hired him.  They are fools for not promoting Charles Lee.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So what do the Hawks do?

Will our starters play?

Will they finish the game?

Send them to 8th I don’t like overcertain Haliburton right now he ridin higher than he should. Ya I said it. Somebody rough him up and make them baby bones work more. He can’t handle the heat.

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We are better than them. 

The correct phrasing is “we aren’t as bad as them”

• Premium Member

Will somebody please convince me that I want us to be the 8th seed, making me stay up late watching 8:30 playoff games against the Celtics. The other option of just calling this season what it is and moving on to draft/offseason mode just sounds, better?