Shooter's Mock Off-Season

ShooterSays

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Shooter has his own thread 🧵? Has he been here long enough to warrant this type of brash behavior? I mean, there’s a pecking order, is there not? 

image.gif

🤮 Great sense of awareness by McGee though.. smart..

image.gif.98545654f9a27205aa1ab6603ab9ca2a.gif

Ayr @ShooterSays saw an opening and went for it.  Like the anti-Ayton.  Saw the record opportunity and jumped in.  No waitin..... *gasp* no w-Ayton.  Cmon, gimme sum for that one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

He’s a 7 footer who can space the floor, score, and give you top 10 in blocks. To get something of value you have to give something up. And if JC had much trade value, he wouldn’t still be here. 

If you want to debate on 1 vs 2 first round picks, then tomatoe tomato. I’d happily keep 15 but doubt Washington would ever bite.

Maybe they would.  Final year of his contract.   Washington hasn't been winning with him.  Getting a first rounder for him... and JC...  IF they really like JC, it gives them the ability to move Kuzma who is also on the last year of his deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ayr @ShooterSays saw an opening and went for it.  Like the anti-Ayton.  Saw the record opportunity and jumped in.  No waitin..... *gasp* no w-Ayton.  Cmon, gimme sum for that one.

I gotta say i thought it would be Diesel or the Al Whoreford OJ “don’t call me da juice 🥤 “ Mayo.

I’m happy about this. @ShooterSays I like your spunk. That took moxie! Power move.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Doing a quick update to this mock because I'm bored today based on the rumors I've seen on here lately. I also don't want to post this trade in the Insider thread to avoid cluttering it even further. 

image.thumb.png.5e584cbdf34d708f05f9580a3bb0efee.png

Not sure if Washington goes for this, but if they're hitting the reset button it could make sense. And with it looking like KP is going to opt-in, he's a 1 year rental at this point. Get a FRP for him and start the rebuild. 

PG - Trae / Jevon Carter / Forrest (2-way)
SG - DJM / Bogi / Mathews 
SF - Hunter / Bey / Griffin
PF - Porzingis / J. Johnson / 2-way
C - OO17 / Lively II / Bruno

Players on my radar:

• Jalen Brown
  • OG Anunoby
  • Mikal Bridges 

Would not hesitate to trade a combo of DJM + Hunter for any one of these players. Just don't necessarily think these 3 guys are on the block...just yet. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

OO17 / Lively II

This is tough for me. I don’t love the idea of 2 young dudes as our starting and backup center. For me, if we swing CC, I want another vet to back OO. I wanna get older.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Doing a quick update to this mock because I'm bored today based on the rumors I've seen on here lately. I also don't want to post this trade in the Insider thread to avoid cluttering it even further. 

image.thumb.png.5e584cbdf34d708f05f9580a3bb0efee.png

Not sure if Washington goes for this, but if they're hitting the reset button it could make sense. And with it looking like KP is going to opt-in, he's a 1 year rental at this point. Get a FRP for him and start the rebuild. 

PG - Trae / Jevon Carter / Forrest (2-way)
SG - DJM / Bogi / Mathews 
SF - Hunter / Bey / Griffin
PF - Porzingis / J. Johnson / 2-way

Players on my radar:

• Jalen Brown
  • OG Anunoby
  • Mikal Bridges 

Would not hesitate to trade a combo of DJM + Hunter for any one of these players. Just don't necessarily think these 3 guys are on the block...just yet. 

I'd jump on that trade, personally.  Grab Lively at #10 and our front court is reconstructed in one fell swoop.  The value for Dallas and Houston seems about right, but I'm not sure if Washington would go for it either.  Maybe tossing our 2nd round pick to the Wizards evens it out a little more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This is tough for me. I don’t love the idea of 2 young dudes as our starting and backup center. For me, if we swing CC, I want another vet to back OO. I wanna get older.

I’m good bringing in a vet big to help out until Lively is ready. Actually think that’s a good idea.

But even as a rookie, OO stepped in and gave us solid minutes during our playoff run. I think Lively would be okay, but never a bad idea to have too many bigs.

A solid vet + rookie has been a good recipe for us the last 3 years at Center. OO / Lively would hopefully be the same.

• Like 2

This means you don't want my draft pick?  You know Gramps wants that Duke center.

🥲

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

This means you don't want my draft pick?  You know Gramps wants that Duke center.

🥲

Last 2 Dukies - Jalen Johnson & AJ Griffin have worked out really well for us! I’m with ya Gramps, I say we go back to the well for a 3rd straight time. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Players on my radar:

• Jalen Brown
  • OG Anunoby
  • Mikal Bridges 

Love it. Same. All grown men right there.

Wanted OG in the 2017 draft with Semi Oj too.

If you replace “X” below with any one of these 3 players, we gotta be the favorites in the East:

PG - Trae / Jevon Carter
SG - X / Bogi / Mathews 
SF - Bey / Griffin
PF - Porzingis / J. Johnson

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

If you replace “X” below with any one of these 3 players, we gotta be the favorites in the East:

PG - Trae / Jevon Carter
SG - X / Bogi / Mathews 
SF - Bey / Griffin
PF - Porzingis / J. Johnson

I don't see us having 4 new players in our starting lineup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

🥲

:sarcastic:No not at all. That kid can ball. Maybe bring him in as a backup to the backup center? 🤷‍♀️ Although, he does have a sweet stroke and tears it up on the inside, prolly work his way to the backup center anyways :sarcastic:We need one of your guys gramps, Hali got away and so did Mark Dub. Let’s get this dude for ya!