• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spud’s favorite 2023 prospect for Hawks

Spud2nique

6 hours ago, AHF said:

They have your boy coming to his natural home!

:smile: Hope so he fits. We need one of these dudes that’s gonna shoot. You don’t know if he’s Hersey Hawkins son do you? I mean, he’s prolly not but man, we need “that guy” last one was Korver.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

Have you seen much of him?  I haven’t done anything on him other than read blurbs in mocks.

Yea he’s got a very handles, handles well maneuvering through traffic with either hand. Big kid with good size that knows how to punish defenders in one on one scenarios either backing them down and going to work with his post moves or taking them to the hole 🕳️

Honestly his size and ability to iso people reminds me of our own Joe Johnson. But he’s quicker than Joe with longer arms I believe. Not sure his wingspan but it looks longer than normal for his size which obviously bodes well on for his defense in the next level. That’s all I’ve seen so far but he’s got that certain IT. 

Having said all this, he is a 22-30th pick type of guy so this has to be us selecting him in a trade down situation unless we just flat out love him and take him at 15.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lesson we learned while watching the Falcon's draft.  Keep your eye on your prize and when the opportunity arrives, grab that player you want.  Trade up, if necessary.  Falcons grabbed their choice in the 1st round, then traded up in the second round.  If the Hawks need to move up or down to get their choice, do it!

😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

If the Hawks need to move up or down to get their choice, do it!

Indeed. Great call. If he’s your guy and you can’t trade down with another partner, you might need to suck it up and just take him. BPA.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed. Great call. If he’s your guy and you can’t trade down with another partner, you might need to suck it up and just take him. BPA.

Even if he isn’t “our guy” per se, if we are looking to trade for more immediate help that might involve a player and pick on both sides that results in us picking later so that you want a good handle on guys across the board.  

Thanks for the evaluation of him.  Definitely gives me a little better sense of what he might look like on the floor.

• Like 2

I'm not totally convinced that there is much difference between 10-18 and 18-25 in this draft.  So, I think you can reasonably make an argument to take Maxwell Lewis over some players are who in general rated in the 12-18 range or so.  For instance, I think Lewis is a better fit for the Hawks than a Brice Sensabaugh.  I would argue that he fits better than Jalen Hood Schifino.  

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think Lewis is a better fit for the Hawks than a Brice Sensabaugh.  I would argue that he fits better than Jalen Hood Schifino.

Interesting. I’m not disagreeing I like all 3 guys. Just by watching film 🎞️ alone it’s hard to FULLY evaluate them the way I’d like to but given the film, all 3 are on my radar, having said that all 3 are in our range so it’s not like I’m going out in a limb, but there are a few dudes in mocks in our range that I definitely dislike as well but these 3 are solid as far as I see.

Spud's choice is there at #15.  My choice is at #16.  We read about all these good picks available and wonder which one will become a Hawk.  Also, where do we draft in round 2?  We may need another Skyhawk.

:smug:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I have a player every year that I don’t want to land with the warriors :laugh1: this year it’s him. Although, the warriors are gonna fade in time but still, whoever gets this dude is gonna get a steal between 15-25. He’s a player no doubt.