Spud’s favorite 2023 prospect for Hawks

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I’m still going over the prospects, but I think right now, my top two for 15 would be Hawkins and Murray.  I’m real intrigued with Leonard Miller as well. 

There are so many players I like available in the range the Hawks pick it’s ridiculous. I don’t know if this year is deep with star talent, but it’s definitely wide with good, serviceable talent with potential. This is a good draft year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

There are so many players I like available in the range the Hawks pick it’s ridiculous. I don’t know if this year is deep with star talent, but it’s definitely wide with good, serviceable talent with potential. This is a good draft year. 

@JayBirdHawk our birdie dirty got that aforementioned FEEEEEVVVVAAA!!! 🥵 

• Haha 2

I’m still stuck to this dude if we stand pat at 15.

Hawkins the Hawk..

Jordan Hawkins shapes up as an excellent shooter who is solid on the defensive end. His limitations primarily surround an inability to do a whole lot with the ball in his hands, which will be just fine with the Hawks given the build of their current roster.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m still stuck to this dude if we stand pat at 15.

Hawkins the Hawk..

Jordan Hawkins shapes up as an excellent shooter who is solid on the defensive end. His limitations primarily surround an inability to do a whole lot with the ball in his hands, which will be just fine with the Hawks given the build of their current roster.

Literally clicked on this thread to see the final "favorite" before the actual draft.  Good stuff.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AHF said:

Literally clicked on this thread to see the final "favorite" before the actual draft.  Good stuff.

image.gif.37bb459ad67bc73f48ce977e58bb7547.gif

Pelicans one pick sooner broke my heart. 

Funny because the Pelicans took a rookie I was all over for us a couple years back in Trey Murph III.

2020- OO 

2022- AJ

Still got a couple my boys the last few years. Can’t get them all but I will say this:

Hawkins is gonna be a baller. 

@AHF Do you think we would have selected him had the Pels passed on him? Guess we will never know. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.37bb459ad67bc73f48ce977e58bb7547.gif

Pelicans one pick sooner broke my heart. 

Funny because the Pelicans took a rookie I was all over for us a couple years back in Trey Murph III.

2020- OO 

2022- AJ

Still got a couple my boys the last few years. Can’t get them all but I will say this:

Hawkins is gonna be a baller. 

@AHF Do you think we would have selected him had the Pels passed on him? Guess we will never know. 

Pure guess from my end whether we would have taken him or KB.  I do know I was primed to be excited about Hawkins after looking into him following your posts.  I wasn't for Bufkins and given the overlap between him and DM it was hard to feel excited last night.  But this was probably the draft I did the least looking into so I don't put much stock in my own reaction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 may I get in the Pelicans hate wagon? #joelmeyersblows #Antoniodanielsquietresponses #ziontheblob

:huh:

The real question is why weren't you there already.  Rooting for Baller-ado to get outta that place before it corrupts him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ugh 😑 

I feel a lil sick. 🤮 

IMG_8457.jpeg

IMG_8456.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg

The icing on the cake was the BSPN announcer chick tryna sound smart and insightful by squinting real hard and saying Hawkins "..... has some Jeremy Lamb" in his game.

I guess she wanted everybody to go 'oooh' and 'ahhhh, that's another UCONN guy, wowzers'. 

🙄

Sweetheart (in my condescending sexist voice, don't punch me, jayb)  .. that ain't a compliment ..... (call me tho).

Was that bad?  Scale of 1 to 10, @JayBirdHawk😐

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The icing on the cake was the BSPN announcer chick tryna sound smart and insightful by squinting real hard and saying Hawkins "..... has some Jeremy Lamb" in his game.

I guess she wanted everybody to go 'oooh' and 'ahhhh, that's another UCONN guy, wowzers'. 

🙄

Sweetheart (in my condescending sexist voice, don't punch me, jayb)  .. that ain't a compliment ..... (call me tho).

Was that bad?  Scale of 1 to 10, @JayBirdHawk😐

:spank:

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I thought Cam Whitmore had some kind of weird injury of something.   Why did he fall?

I think his attitude and workouts for teams. Some teams felt like he was too much of a ME player. 

He’s explosive and they say he can pass, I’ve seen a lot BUT the passing which is a huge element. Dude explodes off the floor though no doubt he’s power but got a shot too.

I’m betting in a couple years he’s too big for himself and asks out 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I think his attitude and workouts for teams. Some teams felt like he was too much of a ME player. 

He’s explosive and they say he can pass, I’ve seen a lot BUT the passing which is a huge element. Dude explodes off the floor though no doubt he’s power but got a shot too.

I’m betting in a couple years he’s too big for himself and asks out 😂 

Had a chance to pass yesterday a few times and didn’t. Took it himself, was successful but let’s see moving forward.