• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spud’s favorite 2023 prospect for Hawks

Spud2nique

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Huerter is the best asset we've traded, apart from our picks in the Murray trade.  If we were to keep him, we would have Bogi, Huerter, and AJ.  They all deserve minutes.  Then you have two salaries with Bogi and Huerter at the same position that total like $32M.  How do you resolve this with Huerter on the roster?

I think if you start the season with Huerter still on the roster, how you would have resolved it would have depended on how the team and Bogi progressed.

If the team was contending you pay the tax like other contenders and give it your best shot at winning it all.  (Which means keeping Huerter for that or trading one or more of these players for other players that are intended to maximize a 2022-23 playoff run unlike what we got in return for KH which was future assets that offer little to no benefit to this year's team).

If Bogi was broken, you write him off and pay someone to take his salary and move forward with Huerter and and AJ.

If Bogi was on track to return healthy, then you trade one or more of those 3 players (probably one of KH or BB) on their own or in a larger package.  If BB is healthy, he returns more in a trade than he would have in the summer.  If KH had a career best shooting year like he did in the first half of this season, he is a better trade chip at the trade deadline than he was over the summer.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 7:41 PM, Spud2nique said:

This dude Hawkins shoots on the move, from UConn too, that sound Rip Hamiltonish

Hey, yardbarker is copying ya boy Spud in the rip comparison! :jab:

Im tellin y’all, we need this dude. He knows how to move without the ball and off screens with a deadly shot. Pro game all the way.

@marco102 this dude got IT. I can’t put my finger on it. :er:

IMG_7807.jpeg

• Like 2

@kg01 pesky defender too? This is it, my guy.

Jordan Hawkins SG – UConn – HT: 6-4 1/4 – WT: 186 – WING: 6-6 3/4 – So – An intriguing SG with a beautiful release on his jumper and great 3pt ability. Is starting to score more inside the arc and is a pesky defender.
Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Jordan Hawkins SG – UConn – HT: 6-4 1/4 – WT: 186 – WING: 6-6 3/4 – So – An intriguing SG with a beautiful release on his jumper and great 3pt ability. Is starting to score more inside the arc and is a pesky defender.

I'll ride with you but secretly be rooting for a .... rhymes with grade😏

• Haha 3

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You've made me take note of him as a potential pick for sure.

• Thanks 1

I would take Schifino as he’s in my list but losing Hawkins one pick before would be like when I wanted Ty Lawson and we got Jeff Teague…. Wait. Ok bad example.

This kid is gonna come out like Desmond Bane. He’s ready to roll. #ballerrecballer

IMG_7854.jpeg

My list again.

2023 Draft prospect favs

15th pick Hawks

Brice Sensabaugh SF 

Jett Howard SG 

Jalen hood schifino 

Jordan Hawkins 

Kris Murray 

Dereck Lively 

GG jackson

Maxwell Lewis 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I would take Schifino as he’s in my list but losing Hawkins one pick before would be like when I wanted Ty Lawson and we got Jeff Teague…. Wait. Ok bad example.

This kid is gonna come out like Desmond Bane. He’s ready to roll. #ballerrecballer

Lawson was definitely the better player until substance abuse took over his life.  Teague did things the right way and had the success that came with it.  Sometimes off the court trumps talent on the court.

• Like 2

@AHF I keep seeing Cason Wallace and some mocks say he could be the best overall defensive player in the draft? That’s insane. They compare him to Jrue Holiday, we could use a guard like that to give Trae blows during the game.

IMG_8073.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF I keep seeing Cason Wallace and some mocks say he could be the best overall defensive player in the draft? That’s insane. They compare him to Jrue Holiday, we could use a guard like that to give Trae blows during the game.

IMG_8073.jpeg

When I see 'Kentucky' next to a prospect, I know to tune out @AHF and @bird_dirt....

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Just have to call out some kudos to Spud as this is definitely one of your best threads.  Lots of great basketball commentary and had me looking up and looking into some intriguing prospects.  While I'm a UK fan, I don't watch much college basketball anymore other than tourney games and UK games so I don't know (in a meaningful way) much about most of the prospects in the draft.

• Thanks 1