• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

When asked about his long-term goals, Smith wants to coach in the NBA, saying, “I was a professional player, so I plan to eventually coach on the professional level one day. That’s definitely one of my dreams that I want to accomplish. And I think I’m taking the right steps to get there.” Currently, Smith is assisting on the high school level and gaining experience on the AAU circuit, where he coaches an 8th-grade and a 4th-grade team. He was also one of the coaches during the Top 50 camp, focusing more on the players’ skill and IQ development than just the wins and losses.

via Peachtree Hoops
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

When asked about his long-term goals, Smith wants to coach in the NBA, saying, “I was a professional player, so I plan to eventually coach on the professional level one day. That’s definitely one of my dreams that I want to accomplish. And I think I’m taking the right steps to get there.” Currently, Smith is assisting on the high school level and gaining experience on the AAU circuit, where he coaches an 8th-grade and a 4th-grade team. He was also one of the coaches during the Top 50 camp, focusing more on the players’ skill and IQ development than just the wins and losses.

via Peachtree Hoops

Oh booooyyyyyyy.. I mean ummm, good luck 👍 

Can he teach athleticism? 🤔 🏃‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via Peachtree Hoops

What’s next @kg01 the scout for the Hawks and we end up with Colin Sextoy and Precious Achuiwa (not) and Terrance Ferguson (in Poland 🇵🇱).

#outsidersdrama 

image.gif.84a9623eb076cc1e182d79f93d5d977f.gif

:aaa:

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via Peachtree Hoops

I can see his players running fastbreak now 

stanley-theoffice.gif

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok Gallo!

Danilo Gallinari: 'I can't wait to play against Boston...I'll put an X on the games we will play at Boston'

Unfortunately, the 34-year-old was used as trade fodder, and he still has some hard feelings about it. On the Italian A Cresta Alta podcast, Gallinari revealed that he’s looking forward to exact revenge against the C’s next season. “I can’t wait to play against Boston,” he said. “When the schedule will be unveiled, I’ll put an X on the games we will play at Boston against the Celtics.”

If Kuzma and Poole letcha.. go for it 😂 

The others on this list have way more to prove than Trae. Quin helped address some of Trae’s scoring efficiency (fewer shots) and defense (way more active) issues when he took over, but these need to continue to improve. Infusing the new coaching staff’s offense should help address off-ball movement as well. Trae is notorious for slow starts to the season, but hopefully he’s healthy, rested, and laser focused on these areas for Quin’s boot camp so we can carry that chip all the way to the promised land!

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/08/02/five-players-make-or-break-seasons-basketball

Five Players Entering Make-or-Break Seasons in the NBA This Year
Zion Williamson, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Trae Young, Ben Simmons

“For his scoring efficiency to shrink to that extent is concerning, particularly with Young being a player who doesn’t defend well or move much off the ball. And between coach Quin Snyder entering his first full year with the Hawks, plus fellow point guard Dejounte Murray having just signed an extension, Young’s situation is certainly worth watching this season.”

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Gilbert Arenas out there watching like Coach-Daddy!

Somebody get that man some wireless earbuds tho.

Or is he playing 4D chess and putting the visual out that he's listening to something so he can't hear you screaming for a selfie? 🤔

• Haha 2