• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hawks nation - We only got a TPE for John Collins.

Laker Nation - 

The Laker's front office inability to see Caruso's impact on the court -- ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO HOW CHEAP HE IS -- will never cease to baffle me.  That front office falls for the LA media hype of its' own players.  It's wild.

With all of the free agent signings yesterday there is a small move, actually a non move, that registers.  The Sixers did not make an offer to Maxey, and on NBATV they were suggesting his fit with Portland while moving Dame to the Sixers.  Portland would have Maxey and Scoot in the back court, and that makes a lot of sense for them to build a future with those guys.  

We were quiet yesterday, but I think we are pushing to take part in the bigger deals going down with Dame, Harden, and some other big contract moves.  Almost like how we plucked Capela from Houston as part of a 3 team deal, I think our best opportunity could be in facilitating something larger with other teams.  

If Sixers send Maxey and Harden out, Dame goes to Philly, Harden goes to the Clippers, and PG13 comes to Atlanta.  We send Capela to Portland to replace Nurkic in the deal.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

With all of the free agent signings yesterday there is a small move, actually a non move, that registers.  The Sixers did not make an offer to Maxey, and on NBATV they were suggesting his fit with Portland while moving Dame to the Sixers.  Portland would have Maxey and Scoot in the back court, and that makes a lot of sense for them to build a future with those guys.  

We were quiet yesterday, but I think we are pushing to take part in the bigger deals going down with Dame, Harden, and some other big contract moves.  Almost like how we plucked Capela from Houston as part of a 3 team deal, I think our best opportunity could be in facilitating something larger with other teams.  

If Sixers send Maxey and Harden out, Dame goes to Philly, Harden goes to the Clippers, and PG13 comes to Atlanta.  We send Capela to Portland to replace Nurkic in the deal.  

Does Macey fit in Portland?  Portland already has Sharpe and Simmons so they would need to do some other stuff to create space to optimize that deal. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Agree out best options are to be a deal-facilitator as long as we end up with something we need.  Also agree something seems to be up with the Maxey situation because, if not, the way PHI is handling it likely sours Maxey's camp on them.

But, if I'm POR as @Packfill says, I dont see the need for Maxey unless they think he's a frontline starter (I kinda don't).

Lastly, there were rumblings that Harden may want to stay in PHI after all, so I now wonder if that suggests they're choosing him over Maxey - that's me speaking as an outsider, I just heard them discuss that on nbaradio.  The whole situation is weird and fluid imho, but I hope we use it to out advantage. 

• Premium Member

When the whole Ben Simmons Philly saga was ongoing there was speculation Macey would be included in a deal with him. Then rumors surfaced that his agent wanted him.put of Philly. He and Ben share the same agent. They denied wanting out but who knows. Maybe this is circling back to that.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No wonder things are so quiet, Kyle busy doing other things :laugh1:

Kyle doesn't sleep.  He spends 20 minutes a day in a sensory depravation oxygen tank, followed by cold plunge where he holds his breath for 10 minutes.  Then it's back to work.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait, so he didn't claim to be all hurt when it was convenient, then not need any kind of procedure in the offfseason?  

Oh, my bad.  I thought we were talking about JoeLLLL-o Puddin'.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, macdaddy said:

Kyle doesn't sleep.  He spends 20 minutes a day in a sensory depravation oxygen tank, followed by cold plunge where he holds his breath for 10 minutes.  Then it's back to work.  

I remember reading an article where he talked about carrying boulders underwater as part of his offseason training regimen. 

• Like 3

Bump.

Can't wait for the Hawks to trade for KAT this week and watch the fall out.,,lol 

I don't think we'll have to give up any of the young guys and if it's Bey, cat is a better shooter. 

He just fits too well.  He makes it palatable for OO to start, gives Trae and Dejounte the space they need and would probably help Hunter to with the attention he will draw. 

Get that big man here and watch Trae turn him put up all NBA numbers.  Just my two cents to get the conversation started here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/1/2023 at 9:40 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae's floater/shot  from the left side 🤢.

Step out 3 feet 💰

What stands out to me is that KD is a freaking Beast!!!

I hate that we were never able to put together a package to get him.