• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

We're bleeding into the close of @JayBirdHawk's 2022-23 In-Season thread with lots of Offseason news we can use (for the Hawks and especially other teams). So I figured I'd start this one. We'll let the 2022-23 thread ride until the Finals concludes (although the "A quick word on other games" thread serves that purpose well).

I've got neither kibbles nor bits worth sharing, but here are some puppies!

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 step down bitch! Loses and he quits. 🤣 typical scrub stuff, what’s next Klay cries again?

The emperor has no clothes.  Now that the bloom of his predecessors' decisions is off and he has to stand on his own moves, can't handle the heat. 

Typical 'born on 3rd, act like he hit a triple' guy.

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who will be the player that puts on the obligatory 15lbs of muscle and grew 2 inches this offseason?

I hope Dejounte so he can actually defend the POA, otherwise I'm expecting some AJ/JJ propaganda to come out this summer.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 5/29/2023 at 5:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Who will be the player that puts on the obligatory 15lbs of muscle and grew 2 inches this offseason?

Last off-season, Josh Primo... and we know how that ended up.

I know if it were to be Yeka, I probably could kick my cocaine problem as a result.  😉

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, sturt said:

Last off-season, Josh Primo... and we know how that ended up.

I know if it were to be Yeka, I probably could kick my cocaine problem as a result.  😉

Apparently many people do not understand how human growth works. Once you are done growing, you are done growing. Let's take Okongwu for example, he has been the same height since 10th grade. You don't cease growing for 5 years and then suddenly grow 2 inches. That's not how it works. Also the overwhelming majority of prospects are done growing by age 19. Many haven't grown since they were 16. But you do have some occasional late bloomers, but it's very rare to be growing once your age starts with a 2. Also, the notion that their bodies wait until the off-season to grow, as if it's some conscious choice, is also highly questionable. I remember when the board was convinced every off season that Cam Reddish was supposedly 2 inches taller. I, of course, being an adherent of science and a voice of reason, dispelled the specious claims. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Looks like Monty landed back on his feet quick! Good for him!

I’m sorry 6 years 80 mill is a lot. Wtf are the Pistons doing?

They have to be the stupidest NBA team ever.

You get what you pay for.  Apparently Detroit feels that he's worth this much.  With all the NBA players getting mega bucks, coaches making minimum wages will be hard pressed to get anyone to listen to them.  If he makes a winner out of the Pistons it will be money well spent.  They hired who they wanted.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Gah-dayum, Detroit.  For that money, they don't expect him to walk on water.  They expect water to walk on him.  Geez. 

To be fair, I guess, it's not like they expect to be in any elimination games any time soon.  So they won't have to worry about his teams' usual melt-fade/deer in headlights issue. 

Guess I better step back the harsh words tho.  I don't wanna end up like @JayBirdHawk😲

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

If he makes a winner out of the Pistons it will be money well spent. 

True, but the Pistons have some growing up and maturing to do. It’s really hard to see them being relevant in the next 2-4 years which mares it seem like Monty is a stop 🛑 gap coach, 80 mill for a stop gap is a lot of money 💰.

I could be wrong but I think the Pistons made a mistake here. They got a good one in Monty but I think it’ll be tough.

My prediction: Nothing changes for the Pistons, they marginally get a bit better then falter at some point and fire Monty in 3 years.

I like Monty though hoping it works out for him.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Do they think he can still play too or something? For a franchise that has some good history, they really have become such a joke. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow.  That is an incredible amount to spend on a coach for a team that is very unlikely to make the playoffs in the near term.  Wonder how much control he will have over personnel moves coming for that kind of price and to a team that is that bad.

• Like 2