• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Only one person calls Nate McMillian "Demon Nate" and his name rhymes with shirt.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

:laugh1:. I thought was just me seeing this in the last few days. Thought I missed a joke. :beach:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:ahf:

Luka, Lebron, and Kyrie plus roster filler??? That team would be absolutely awful and would miss the Playoffs by a much larger margin than the '22-'23 Mavs did. Cuban would sell plenty of tickets though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :sad: Dang it! Not the C’s!!!! Ugh! I liked Sam Mark and Becky!

Don't fret, squd.  We have our guy.

Also, from 2024 headlines ...

"Loston Smelltics part ways with Joe Maazzz.... Spam Cassell to be named interim"

• Moderators
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Right.

And while mine is, ironically enough, tongue buried deep in cheek... the ubiquitous use of the term by you and others here is very loud, yet very implicit and chronically insinuated. Oh, it's "happened" alright, make no mistake.

By "ubiquitous use of the term" you mean never actually using the term right?  You just mean someone saying something critical of Nate or even his assistant coaches.

In all seriousness, I have no problem with you saying that people are being overly critical of Nate.  That is your right to have that view and people can disagree on that.  I'm positive you are neither alone in that view nor are there only one or two posters who think the criticism is fair game.  But I don't think that is the same as coming up with this bizarre nickname for him and then pretending like people are using it when they aren't.  Feels a little Trumpian to just keep repeating some version of "everyone is calling him Demon Nate" when no one is doing that.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Spam Cassell

:sarcastic:I let go of my feeling for that ET fcker (on the court) and adjusted to him being a smart coach (possibly for us, even under Q) but to see him return to the Celts where they beat us in 07, he’s dead 💀 to me..(until of course he’s outta there but prolly replacing Karate 🥋 Joe Mazz sooner than later; Sam I am has earned a shot imo.. that sob! :cheer:

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Feels a little Trumpian

source.gif

5 hours ago, sturt said:

very implicit and chronically insinuated

(Notice, did not say "very explicit"... thus, no... I made clear that it's not literally spelling D-e-m-o-n... yet, it still comes through loud and clear.)

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Spam Cassell

Has to be a disappointing month for Cassell... all year long, writers had him pegged as the next assistant to get a plum HC gig.

• Moderators

While I still think it is really strange to push a term no one uses as a "ubiquitous term" or as someone's new nickname when no one calls them that, I will publicly withdraw the "Trumpian" comparison.  Shouldn't have used that term in the same sentence as anything describing you knowing your feelings on that topic as a more traditional conservative.   My bad.  Maybe a better way of phrasing what I was trying to say was that it felt like you were trying to speak it into existence (at least in people's minds) despite no one using that term.

I'm just going to read any reference to "Demon Nate" from you from now on as your note that you believe people are overly critical of him.  I'll admit I'm hoping it won't catch on because there are absolutely critics among us Squawkers that are too hard on everyone, and I'm not looking forward to this new brand of defense becoming a regular thing:

61J77g2zwCL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

On 6/1/2023 at 7:20 AM, bleachkit said:

Apparently many people do not understand how human growth works. Once you are done growing, you are done growing. Let's take Okongwu for example, he has been the same height since 10th grade. You don't cease growing for 5 years and then suddenly grow 2 inches. That's not how it works. Also the overwhelming majority of prospects are done growing by age 19. Many haven't grown since they were 16. But you do have some occasional late bloomers, but it's very rare to be growing once your age starts with a 2. Also, the notion that their bodies wait until the off-season to grow, as if it's some conscious choice, is also highly questionable. I remember when the board was convinced every off season that Cam Reddish was supposedly 2 inches taller. I, of course, being an adherent of science and a voice of reason, dispelled the specious claims. 

I entered the army at 23 years old 5'9". 3 years later I grew almost 3 inches in 8 months while overseas.  Measurements are on my entrance papers and my physical after leaving active duty orders......I have receipts....what now son?

🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I don't want to laugh at that...but I can't help myself.

Eh, in this life you gotta laugh when you can.  Or, as Ja Warrant would say, you miss all the shots you don't take....

Or you could be like the villains from GI Joe and literally miss all yer shots.  Seriously, them dudes never hit anybody til Serpentor got Duke ... 😥

Man which movie remake fumbled worse?  The GI Joe movies or the Transformer ones?  

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I entered the army at 23 years old 5'9". 3 years later I grew almost 3 inches in 8 months while overseas.  Measurements are on my entrance papers and my physical after leaving active duty orders......I have receipts....what now son?

🙂

Nice personal anecdote. I have science backed by hundreds of thousands of measurements.

24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Nice personal anecdote. I have science backed by hundreds of thousands of measurements.

and I have a bellybutton....your point?

Its the offseason and the madness has set in....4 weeks till summer league

Edited by thecampster
  • Haha 3

It boggles my mind, seeing stuff happening with the guys nba media paints as superstars and generational talents (Warrant, Zion, Simmoms, etc.), that folks still go out of their way to toss dirt on Trae.

I bet Warrant and Zion would trade it all to have their biggest issue(sic) be playing better defense and learning a new offense. All while still leading a team to the playoffs.

• Like 3