• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The offseason has officially started - let's get some trades 🤓!!!

Indeed! 2023-24 is underway. We want the chip. Vets vets vets.

No more rookies. We gotta groom our own young dudes. 

Let’s get some KCP’s, Bruce Brown’s and others! Leggoooo!

@benhillboy stop your pouting now, big boys don’t cry! Let’s get to work! 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20230613_101010_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hide contents

MLK ALL THE WAY!!!

MLK and it's not even close.   I actually think the yellow 2021 is underrated though. 2017 was terrible. And 2018 was terrible.  I'd go 2020, 2022, 2021, 2019, 2018. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

If we're in game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I get to choose but I don't wanna make anyone mad, I suppose the most popular one would be 2020.

But if it's all left up to me personally, give me 2021. Nothing says "caaaaaaw caaaaaaaaaaawwww" like that jersey. 😄

See, MLK if not for the letters M... L... K... is pretty bland.

So, if I get some latitude, give me those letters, but then either

(a) combine it with something that registers immediately as "Atlanta Hawks"... or

(b) at least, improve it with something like the stained glass design on the court.

The creative part of me would like to see if they could come up with something that somehow allows peach into the color scheme with our traditional red and yeller.... I know, I know, at first blush, it would seem to clash, but then, that's the challenge and the fun of experimentation.

Oh, oh, oh... even better... red... peach... and my favorite, instead of the traditional yeller... volt.

Now there's a challenge for ya. 😄😄😄

Per my sources, aka my heat fan BIL, Liami is gonna be bak in the Finals next year too.  They gonna go big game hunting so line up Harden, Aly mcBeal, JoeLLLL, and more.  Gonna come to Liami to play for cheap for the cULtUrE and LeGAcY...

I expect their big offseason move to be moving Udonis Has-been back a row and make him a coach.  The impact on the roster will be seismic. 😐 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

MLK wins for me and I do combine it some with the freaking amazing stained glass floor as a view them as a package.

Not to mention MLKs probably had the best winning percentage of any Hawks jersey of all time. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 6/13/2023 at 9:12 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20230613_101010_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hide contents

MLK ALL THE WAY!!!

2022 by far.  Fantastic colors and design

MLK is a distant 2nd

MASSIVE GAP

2019 Peach Tree

2021 Ronald McDonald

GRAND CANYON SIZED GAP

2018 awful

HUGE GAP

2017 so disgustingly ugly

On 6/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, macdaddy said:

MLK and it's not even close.  . 

I would say the same thing about 2022.

• Premium Member

So, now NOP gets to be kicked in the groin by NBA media... for releasing an assistant coach... normally no big deal... but it's a female  assistant coach, so of course there are the nuances and implications that the decision had to be misogynistic in origin... or, at least, there's reason we should all feel sympathy--after all, she had built such strong report with Zion, and she had been so loyal, so hopeful to rise to the top in the Big Easy.

*sigh*

Media people think they're helping. They're not. They're only affirming reasons to beware of the downside of hiring female coaches.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, shakes said:

2022 by far.  Fantastic colors and design

If you're a Love Boat fan, I suppose. The 70s romance novel font just doesn't do it for some of us. Oh, and that "5"... wasn't that last seen in a Jackson Five cartoon?...

bf8fdfd19b3b2831d464ed0d50bd29c4.jpg

... why, yes, yes it was.

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, now NOP gets to be kicked in the groin by NBA media... for releasing an assistant coach... normally no big deal... but it's a female  assistant coach, so of course there are the nuances and implications that the decision had to be misogynistic in origin... or, at least, there's reason we should all feel sympathy--after all, she had built such strong report with Zion, and she had been so loyal, so hopeful to rise to the top in the Big Easy.

*sigh*

Media people think they're helping. They're not. They're only affirming reasons to beware of the downside of hiring female coaches.

Although I do think there are times when mEdiA mishandles stories involving women in jobs that have historically been held by dudes.  

That said, I think you're reading something that's not there, imho, in this case. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Although I do think there are times when mEdiA mishandles stories involving women in jobs that have historically been held by dudes.  

That said, I think you're reading something that's not there, imho, in this case. 

It's subtle, sure.

But it's there.

How so, sturt?

When's the last time you saw someone of Shams' pedigree bothering to highlight the parting of ways between a team and an assistant coach... and assuming you can... putting into the tweet contextual reasons why we all should feel bad for his plight... turned down other offers (like that doesn't happen routinely among the good ones?)... had hopes of rising within the organization (like that doesn't happen routinely as well?).

The last time for me... never.

But maybe you've seen something I haven't.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, sturt said:

If you're a Love Boat fan, I suppose. The 70s romance novel font just doesn't do it for some of us. Oh, and that "5"... wasn't that last seen in a Jackson Five cartoon?...

bf8fdfd19b3b2831d464ed0d50bd29c4.jpg

... why, yes, yes it was.

everything you just wrote is stupid and makes no sense.

Love Boat?  Jackson 5?   WTF are you talking about?

• Haha 1