• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, shakes said:

everything you just wrote is stupid and makes no sense.

Love Boat?  Jackson 5?   WTF are you talking about?

It's damn amazing that, in an era where Google makes it oh so easy to learn... in a era where we're supposedly so much more sophisticated and advanced than previous generations... this  is imagined to be a response that the poster considered adequately intelligent... hehe.

I'm glad you're here, shakes. You're a hoot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Although I do think there are times when mEdiA mishandles stories involving women in jobs that have historically been held by dudes.  

That said, I think you're reading something that's not there, imho, in this case. 

We are in the 21st century and it's sad it still has to be a  'thing' :blanky:

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Michael Jordan is finalizing a sale of the Charlotte Hornets to a group led by Gabe Plotkin and Rick Schnall, ending his 13-year run as majority owner, league sources told ESPN on Friday.

An agreement is expected to be signed in the coming days, sources said.

Schnall, a minority owner with the Atlanta Hawks, and Plotkin, a minority owner with the Hornets, will become the franchise's governors once the NBA completes its vetting and approval process. Jordan will continue to oversee basketball operations through next Thursday's NBA draft and the start of free agency on July 1.

Once the sale is complete, Jordan is expected to keep a minority stake and a presence with the franchise, sources said.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

So Ja will just miss his usual 25 games right at the beginning of the season?  Not sure this means all that much to Memphis's season if he comes back at his normal level of play.  They are competitive, non-contenders today and should be next season as well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

So Ja will just miss his usual 25 games right at the beginning of the season?  Not sure this means all that much to Memphis's season if he comes back at his normal level of play.  They are competitive, non-contenders today and should be next season as well.  

The only thing it affects would be the minimum 65 game rule to be eligible for awards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eggsactly!

Dude misses 25 games chillangin'** every year any dayum way.  This doesn't impact him or the team at all.

Jokes on anyone that expected Sliver to actually show some 'nads for once.  Guy lied, to his face ... in person, and ol' Adam just weakly and meekly slapped his wrists with a feather.

Smh, I weep for the youth ... and whoever gets collateral damage'd by Ja's behavior. 

** That's chillin' and hangin'.

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly!

Dude misses 25 games chillangin'** every year any dayum way.  This doesn't impact him or the team at all.

Jokes on anyone that expected Sliver to actually show some 'nads for once.  Guy lied, to his face ... in person, and ol' Adam just weakly and meekly slapped his wrists with a feather.

Smh, I weep for the youth ... and whoever gets collateral damage'd by Ja's behavior. 

** That's chillin' and hangin'.

It does make some difference in that he will still miss time for health and other reasons on top of the 25 game suspension. I'd peg him for ending up playing around 46 games played this season.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

It does make some difference in that he will still miss time for health and other reasons on top of the 25 game suspension. I'd peg him for ending up playing around 46 games played this season.  

Or could actually make him still be healthy by the end of the year.  I think 25 games is about right honestly.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Or could actually make him still be healthy by the end of the year.  I think 25 games is about right honestly.  

I agree that 25 games is enough. As someone who lives in the very gun friendly state of Georgia, the gun stuff was a bit overblown. I think it was the altercations on and off of the court in conjunction with the gun stuff and the other things recorded on social media that got him suspended. There were plenty of incidents where he probably should've been held accountable by the NBA and/or law enforcement that got swept under the rug because of who he was. That only enabled him and probably made him feel untouchable. The 25 games away and bad PR should be enough to get him back on the right track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Vince Goodwill, who I'm not a fan of, suggests on nbaradio that morant did indeed tell the league it wasn't a gun.  When asked to produce it to the league, his camp hemmed and hawed which ultimately showed they were lying.  So ridiculous and amateurish.

I doubt this is over for ja.  He still doesn't have it together. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I agree that 25 games is enough. As someone who lives in the very gun friendly state of Georgia, the gun stuff was a bit overblown. I think it was the altercations on and off of the court in conjunction with the gun stuff and the other things recorded on social media that got him suspended. There were plenty of incidents where he probably should've been held accountable by the NBA and/or law enforcement that got swept under the rug because of who he was. That only enabled him and probably made him feel untouchable. The 25 games away and bad PR should be enough to get him back on the right track.

It was only ever the guns combined with the behavior.  If he had been shooting guns at a gun range or on his private property, etc. he wouldn't be in any trouble at all.  Threatening people with guns is always going to cause problems for you as a celebrity.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Vince Goodwill, who I'm not a fan of, suggests on nbaradio that morant did indeed tell the league it wasn't a gun.  When asked to produce it to the league, his camp hemmed and hawed which ultimately showed they were lying.  So ridiculous and amateurish.

I doubt this is over for ja.  He still doesn't have it together. 

Maybe an understatement.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'd say the gun stuff isn't overblown because it wasn't just having a gun.  It was obvious and blatantly poor handling of guns in questionable and unsafe scenarios.  

Eta.  I should reiterate though that I'm pretty biased against the guy so tifwiw. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'd say the gun stuff isn't overblown because it wasn't just having a gun.  It was obvious and blatantly poor handling of guns in questionable and unsafe scenarios.  

Eta.  I should reiterate though that I'm pretty biased against the guy so tifwiw. 

"Guntubers" make a living off of that kind of content on Youtube all the time. I'm only aware of him waving a gun while reciting rap lyrics two times on social media. The second incident was one of his "friends" recording him after he was already in hot water for the first incident. Both incidents aren't exactly ideal or smart but aren't necessarily illegal either. Add in the other altercations with teenagers, retail workers, and NBA staff and I can fully understand why Silver felt the need to suspend him for over a quarter of the season. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying the "OMG he has a gun!" stuff was overblown. 

• Like 1