• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

Gentrification at its finest.

So the Warriors kick Mark Jax out for Steve Kerr. The crowd starts to look a little whiter in Oakland, they move to SF and it’s a 95% white crowd, Oakland was 50% black.

And now….

i_66_85_72_mike-dunleavy-jr.png?w=190

The six executives in the Warriors’ basketball operations staff are all White males: Dunleavy Jr., Kirk Lacob, Larry Harris, Kent Lacob, Jonnie West and Nick U’Ren. Beneath them, the Warriors still have some talents they like at the lower levels. Ryan Atkinson, director of team development, has been with the organization for 10 years. David Fatoki, general manager of the Santa Cruz Warriors, has long been identified as a future executive. Onsi Saleh, the Warriors’ salary cap guru, and Pabail Sidhu, head of analytics, have become integral in the front office, while data analyst Hannah Heiring is considered to have a bright future. LaMont Peterson and Reggie Rankin have been longtime scouts. Tatiana Lampley, one of the inaugural participants in the NBA’s Future Basketball Operations Stars Program, will be full-time on the Warriors’ basketball operations staff starting in July. “We are constantly striving for diversity,” Dunleavy said, “and looking for smart, talented and hard-working people of different races and genders in our front office. I’m really confident we will satisfy that through outside hiring or promoting from within over the coming years.”

BULL$hit MIKE! 

ps You were a horrible player.

I mean the worst, Warriors fans used to laugh at you daily I remember I joined in. 😂 

@sturt, this is the fight you been waiting for, my guy.  On the Theresa Weatherspoon non-story, where you suggested it was a 'woman' thing.

Turns out it was about the Pelicans firing Zion's personal workout coach and what ramifications, if any, would arise as it related to his relationship with the org. 

That was the story, had nothing to do with her being a her.

And furthermore, take a gander at the stories out of HOU, DET, and other places where assistant hirings and firings are garnering headlines mainly because there's not much else to talk about.  Shiiii, one of the stories of the playoffs was what impact Damon Stoudamire's absence had on BOS.  And what additions they'd need to make to their bench this offseason.

Long story long, you're off on this one stu.  

Now I've reached my word quota for the week so I'm logging off.  The nation has you to blame, stu. 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@sturt, this is the fight you been waiting for, my guy.  On the Theresa Weatherspoon non-story, where you suggested it was a 'woman' thing.

Turns out it was about the Pelicans firing Zion's personal workout coach and what ramifications, if any, would arise as it related to his relationship with the org. 

That was the story, had nothing to do with her being a her.

And furthermore, take a gander at the stories out of HOU, DET, and other places where assistant hirings and firings are garnering headlines mainly because there's not much else to talk about.  Shiiii, one of the stories of the playoffs was what impact Damon Stoudamire's absence had on BOS.  And what additions they'd need to make to their bench this offseason.

Long story long, you're off on this one stu.  

Now I've reached my word quota for the week so I'm logging off.  The nation has you to blame, stu. 

Wha?

My comment was very specific to Shams... arguably among the handful of NBA writers most widely regarded... taking time not only just to report... which, in itself, I double-dog-dare ya, nay, triple-dog-dare ya to find Shams spending time reporting on assistants being let go... but the way in which the termination was reported... going beyond merely reporting to actually shaming  the Pels in light of how the assistant had been such a good influence for Zion and how she'd been so loyal to the organization.

Did you get that? Because this attempt at spanking me doesn't seem to get that.

Indeed, the very story you just posted  (s'helpme) demonstrates a media DEI mindset that is set to castigate any organization that doesn't satisfy their idea of how an organization checks off demographic boxes.

To the contrary, then... no... DEI is a thing, and the takeaway here is to beware of aggravating the DEI-minded media... Shams, apparently, being on that bus.

Sure. Hire a woman assistant coach. But try to hire a woman who will tell the DEI media to go to hell if/when she's let go. There's a book from a few years back called Please Stop Helping Us. DEI media do not help women by running in to defend them against the evil NBA teams. Treat women the same as you treat men, period. Be consistent. That will help. 21st century chivalry does not.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, sturt said:

Wha?

My comment was very specific to Shams... arguably among the handful of NBA writers most widely regarded... taking time not only just to report... which, in itself, I double-dog-dare ya, nay, triple-dog-dare ya to find Shams spending time reporting on assistants being let go... but the way in which the termination was reported... going beyond merely reporting to actually shaming  the Pels in light of how the assistant had been such a good influence for Zion and how she'd been so loyal to the organization.

Did you get that? Because this attempt at spanking me doesn't seem to get that.

Indeed, the very story you just posted  (s'helpme) demonstrates a media DEI mindset that is set to castigate any organization that doesn't satisfy their idea of how an organization checks off demographic boxes.

To the contrary, then... no... DEI is a thing, and the takeaway here is to beware of aggravating the DEI-minded media... Shams, apparently, being on that bus.

Sure. Hire a woman assistant coach. But try to hire a woman who will tell the DEI media to go to hell if/when she's let go. There's a book from a few years back called Please Stop Helping Us. DEI media do not help women by running in to defend them against the evil NBA teams. Treat women the same as you treat men, period. Be consistent. That will help. 21st century chivalry does not.

All these words and just plain wrong.  You're fighting a fight that's not happening. 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:35 PM, Jdawgflow said:

No more traffic would be amazing.

I’d take that over all the others combined.  It would add a few more years of leisure and productivity to our lifespans.  Free wings for life might shorten it a bit. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

All these words and just plain wrong.  You're fighting a fight that's not happening. 

Oh. Okay then. Can't get much more persuasive than that, now can ya.

More seriously. Repeating your preferred conclusion isn't an argument... it's just repeating your preferred conclusion.

9 hours ago, sturt said:

Oh. Okay then. Can't get much more persuasive than that, now can ya.

More seriously. Repeating your preferred conclusion isn't an argument... it's just repeating your preferred conclusion.

If you can't see that you have a 'thing' with the female-related sports stuff, it's not my job to convince you.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

If you can't see that you have a 'thing' with the female-related sports stuff, it's not my job to convince you.

In kg-world, its enough to say you're right.

No need to be able to actually support  your conclusions.

Just keep repeating them.

Oh, and for a certain audience for whom ad hominem qualifies as substance... sure... sprinkle in a little "you're such a Neanderthal" for the fun of it.

In sturt-world, that aint gonna cut it. I don't have to mock you. (In fact, to do that is to weaken my position.) I only have to lay out the facts and comply with what I was taught in PHIL 201 Logic and Reason from the textbook by practically the same title at Marshall University in 1984.

I've done that.

Satisfied with that.

And in the absence of any substantive response, moving on.

(But if I did want  to mock you, fwiw, I might turn to some of my quips about a certain GOP candidate for president who has long seemed to operate under that same mentality.)

• Premium Member