• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I honestly think they should give up trying to control load management.  it's not going to work.  

That said i think for calculation of stat leaders and awards missed games should count as zeros rather than not count as a game played.  I know that sounds ridiculous and would never happen but think how motivated guys would be if every game they sit out is zero points, zero rebounds, etc. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly think they should give up trying to control load management.  it's not going to work.  

That said i think for calculation of stat leaders and awards missed games should count as zeros rather than not count as a game played.  I know that sounds ridiculous and would never happen but think how motivated guys would be if every game they sit out is zero points, zero rebounds, etc. 

That would be a huge change and blow to guy's ego.  That would actually pair really well with the 'reforms' they are trying to push through.

So last season:

Old Way:

Embiid 33.1 PPG

Luka 32.4 PPG

Dame 32.2 

SGA 31.4

Giannis 31.1

Tatum 30.1

Mitchell 28.3 

Kyrie 27.1

Jaylen 26.6

Ja 26.2

Trae 26.2

New Way:

Tatum 27.2 PPG

Embiid 26.6 

Luka 26.1 

SGA 26.0

Giannis 23.9

Mitchell 23.5

Trae 23.3

Dame 22.8 

Jaylen 21.7

Kyrie 19.8

Ja 19.8

(While I was typing this I did realize that using this method is just the same as looking at total points).

• Like 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, AHF said:

That would be a huge change and blow to guy's ego.  That would actually pair really well with the 'reforms' they are trying to push through.

So last season:

Old Way:

Embiid 33.1 PPG

Luka 32.4 PPG

Dame 32.2 

SGA 31.4

Giannis 31.1

Tatum 30.1

Mitchell 28.3 

Kyrie 27.1

Jaylen 26.6

Ja 26.2

Trae 26.2

New Way:

Tatum 27.2 PPG

Embiid 26.6 

Luka 26.1 

SGA 26.0

Giannis 23.9

Mitchell 23.5

Trae 23.3

Dame 22.8 

Jaylen 21.7

Kyrie 19.8

Ja 19.8

(While I was typing this I did realize that using this method is just the same as looking at total points).

Good point. 

Please don’t have Dame Lillard explain $hit to anyone ever again… wtf is he talking about? I’ve read this thing a couple times and I don’t get it. 🤨 

Damian Lillard talks about trade request: 'You have to go about things where you can't be an idiot'

Damian Lillard: “It’s a way that you have to go about things where you can’t be an idiot. You say I’m gonna stay down, I’m gonna ride till the wheels fall off and all that stuff. I don’t have to prove that to nobody, like I’ve shown it. I mean that in my heart. But that’s like me and you saying no matter what happens we ain’t telling on each other. Ya know, I’m saying we never tell on each other. And then the day comes where I’m still playing by those same rules… Like man, you want the same thing? We’re gonna go out together and then that ain’t the code you want to live by no more. So when that happens, you can’t be how it was… You don’t want the same thing no more and you show me that you don’t want the same thing. We don’t want the same thing.”

via YouTube

image.gif.b729960bc0fc381c98b4743a9cea1bea.gif

Who took Dame’s classes for him at Weber State? That’s my question 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Please don’t have Dame Lillard explain $hit to anyone ever again… wtf is he talking about? I’ve read this thing a couple times and I don’t get it. 🤨 

Damian Lillard talks about trade request: 'You have to go about things where you can't be an idiot'

Damian Lillard: “It’s a way that you have to go about things where you can’t be an idiot. You say I’m gonna stay down, I’m gonna ride till the wheels fall off and all that stuff. I don’t have to prove that to nobody, like I’ve shown it. I mean that in my heart. But that’s like me and you saying no matter what happens we ain’t telling on each other. Ya know, I’m saying we never tell on each other. And then the day comes where I’m still playing by those same rules… Like man, you want the same thing? We’re gonna go out together and then that ain’t the code you want to live by no more. So when that happens, you can’t be how it was… You don’t want the same thing no more and you show me that you don’t want the same thing. We don’t want the same thing.”

via YouTube

image.gif.b729960bc0fc381c98b4743a9cea1bea.gif

Who took Dame’s classes for him at Weber State? That’s my question 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Here is my translation:

"I'm not an idiot so I see that Portland management has decided to stop trying for a championship this season and is transitioning to more slowly building something.  I don't have to prove I'm truly dedicated to Portland by playing it out even when they are changing direction.  I was fully committed when they wanted to win a ring right now but when they shift direction to retooling / rebuilding then I shouldn't have to stick around through that.  That change in their commitment to winning right now changes my commitment to the team as well.  I want to win now and they don't so we don't want the same thing anymore and that explains why I want a trade."

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

The Miami Heat are annoying. (Not new)

They are dating the Blazers to field offers… wtf. If I’m the Blazers I take the best offer and tell Miami to go..

Too bad Haslem finally retired or Portland could have insisted that he be included in trade and then refuse to cut him.   

• Haha 4

• Premium Member