• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They also traded Robert Williams. Porzingas and Horford are their bigs now.

I’m really curious about this new look Boston. Jrue brings a lot of the same intangibles that they lost in Smart and Brogdon. But losing Robert Williams can’t be underestimated. 

Boston doesn’t have the same depth anymore. Their frontcourt depth is questionable. You’re relying on Porzingy and a 37 Horford to be in the lineup every night or else get stuck playing G-Leaguers up front.

They are 6 deep on paper but those 6 guys are as good as any lineup you could find. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I just realized Celtics lost:

Robert Williams

Grant Williams

Marcus Smart

3 of the big trouble makers for the Hawks. I don’t think the big bad Celtics or Bucks are any better now.

Celtics are scarier than the Bucks to me, because Jrue is a better version of Smart imo.  They did lose a bit of depth but lineups get tight in the playoffs anyways -- really just depends if they stay healthy.

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Celtics are scarier than the Bucks to me, because Jrue is a better version of Smart imo.  They did lose a bit of depth but lineups get tight in the playoffs anyways -- really just depends if they stay healthy.

They lack size and length, which are big in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Jrue actually hasn't been lights out against us. We aren't terrible against him. Marcus Smart was a pest and seemed to get hot only against the Hawks. Same for Grant Williams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Jrue actually hasn't been lights out against us. We aren't terrible against him. Marcus Smart was a pest and seemed to get hot only against the Hawks. Same for Grant Williams.

Smart is also a headcase who gets too caught up in big moments and makes boneheaded mistakes. We may not have won game 5 without his stupid foul on Trae at halfcourt.

Jrue will not shoot themself in the foot like Marcus would often do. He isn’t a liability in anyway.

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

But didn't Porzingis drop like 40 on us near the end of the last season though? :laugh: