• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, warcore said:

wish we coulda traded him there.... he kinda deserves that with the big head he's had without proving anything. 

Part of Cam's problem is he still sees himself as a star and not a guy playing a role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm sure reading back through some of those Cam threads is comical at this point.  We should be very happy we got a pick for that guy, and we were able to use it as a part of the package to get Murray.  And that Charlotte pick might never convert in the first round the way things are looking over there.  All in all, that worked out well for us.

I was really excited to draft him and sorry to see him go.  But nothing he has done since has validated that.  Huge disappointment.  

• Like 1

I was completely wrong about Justin Holiday last season, thought he would be a fairly capable back up 3.  With Cam I thought he was a phony, where people projected so much that wasn't there.  I think Hunter is a lot more skilled than Cam, but still have never seen him as worthy of some of the hype people have given him and continue to give him.  It's inconsistent, but I trust my low IQ casual instincts.  

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I was completely wrong about Justin Holiday last season, thought he would be a fairly capable back up 3.  With Cam I thought he was a phony, where people projected so much that wasn't there.  I think Hunter is a lot more skilled than Cam, but still have never seen him as worthy of some of the hype people have given him and continue to give him.  It's inconsistent, but I trust my low IQ casual instincts.  

Cam seems destined to be someone whose highlight reel makes him look All-World but who just can't put it together with any real consistency and so bounces around in bench roles.  If he could even find consistency in a limited bench role that would be a big step forward.  Seems like he keeps trying to do it all and just can't do a single thing consistently night in and night out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Cam requesting a trade from the team that picked him in the Lottery was a HUGE mistake.  The Hawks actually saw enough potential in him to pick him 10th. They had a vested interest in seeing him succeed and would've given him every opportunity to do so, even if he just ended up being a 3 and D role player off the bench. Of course, he very well could've failed here as well but him requesting the trade accelerated that process. He got terrible advice.

It was probably the best move on the board for us even if there was the what if factor

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It was probably the best move on the board for us even if there was the what if factor

Yep, I don't hate the pick at all.  I was fully on the Cam train for most of the first 2 years -- still have his jersey in my closet.  Easy to hindsight as there are some later picks that have panned out well, but you gotta take him at 10th.  Failed project but could have easily been an all-star level player, just never know.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Another arrest warrant issued for Slime** Bridges.  No new allegations of violence, just him violating a protective order back in January.  "Just" violating a whole other protective order.  Apparently.

** Anagram for Miles.  I'll only refer to him by 'Slime' from now on. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, kg01 said:

Another arrest warrant issued for Slime** Bridges.  No new allegations of violence, just him violating a protective order back in January.  "Just" violating a whole other protective order.  Apparently.

** Anagram for Miles.  I'll only refer to him by 'Slime' from now on. 

:blanky:

"The criminal summons states Bridges violated a protective order during a custody exchange on Tuesday. It alleges he threw billiard balls at his ex-girlfriend’s car, damaging her windshield. During the exchange, he threatened to withhold child support and “take everything from her,” according to the summons.

Bridges is also facing a child abuse charge because there were children in the car when the vehicle window broke from the billiard balls, according to the criminal summons."

• Confused 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky:

"The criminal summons states Bridges violated a protective order during a custody exchange on Tuesday. It alleges he threw billiard balls at his ex-girlfriend’s car, damaging her windshield. During the exchange, he threatened to withhold child support and “take everything from her,” according to the summons.

Bridges is also facing a child abuse charge because there were children in the car when the vehicle window broke from the billiard balls, according to the criminal summons."

What a ****.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Also curious w.r.t. the Adam's injury is how a lotta folks are calling on MEM to 'go get capela'.

I'm like, "what TF yall got that we want?" 

I'll start with the Santi Aldama kid - he's 6'-11". OO backup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll start with the Santi Aldama kid - he's 6'-11". OO backup.

Eh, that's weak sauce burd.  That dude makes Kelly Olynk look like Chuck Norris.  Don't gimme no 6'12" guards out here.

Cmon.  Whatchu got next?  I'm regular-season hater-mode ready, gurl.  Bring it.

:boxing:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

gurl.  Bring it.

:boobs: Here’s some for ya! Kelly O is a bad boy 👦 and so was Norris till Bruce ripped that rug right off his chest…

Yeaaa I got nothing comin off the countdown numbers gif.. Buuuurrrdd geeeeeetttttt hiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmm.. {like the chubby dude in return of that sends dummies directly to Bruce’s 🦶 .. I uhhhh 😕 

I may have to come off the pine 🌲 for a few weeks. I want what’s best for the Squawk team, I’m willing to sacrifice my 🔥.