• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, yungsta said:

But didn't Porzingis drop like 40 on us near the end of the last season though? :laugh:

Yeah but you think the J's are even going to let him touch the ball that many times?  Porz thought it was frustrating playing with Luka, the J's average over 40 shots a game and the celtics only had one other guy in double figures in shot attempts. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Confidence check around the league…

👀 no problem there.. 

one on one .. make it happen. Why play team ball at all they are so dominant don’t even pass it just score 💯 every time. 🤦‍♀️ 

IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

That is too good.  :lmao:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I just realized Celtics lost:

Robert Williams

Grant Williams

Marcus Smart

3 of the big trouble makers for the Hawks. I don’t think the big bad Celtics or Bucks are any better now.

So their bigs are Horf and Porzingis??

Neither are guaranteed to make it to the end of the season.

Jrue is a lock up artis... but not on Trae.   Brown is still there though. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So their bigs are Horf and Porzingis??

Neither are guaranteed to make it to the end of the season.

Jrue is a lock up artis... but not on Trae.   Brown is still there though. 

Luke Kornet was a consistent part of their rotation last season as well and he is 7'2''.  Not a huge piece or someone who is a starter but if you are reduced to Horford or Porzingis and Kornet you are probably fine for a while.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wolves are pummeling the Mavs in Abu Dabi....first preseason game. JKidd started their two rookies.

I didn't watch but other folks' reaction make it sound like they shoulda put together a better offer for Capela? 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I didn't watch but other folks' reaction make it sound like they shoulda put together a better offer for Capela? 

Yep.....the board work :er:

Lively, Powell, Kleber, Holmes, Williams = 10 rebounds

Gobert, Towns, Reid, Garza, McDaniels = 30 rebounds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m really curious about this new look Boston. Jrue brings a lot of the same intangibles that they lost in Smart and Brogdon. But losing Robert Williams can’t be underestimated. 

Boston doesn’t have the same depth anymore. Their frontcourt depth is questionable. You’re relying on Porzingy and a 37 Horford to be in the lineup every night or else get stuck playing G-Leaguers up front.

They are 6 deep on paper but those 6 guys are as good as any lineup you could find. 

I 100% agree on the Celtics lack of depth. That said, in trading Robert Williams and Brogdan it is not like they are trading two guys who are known for durability.  Jrue is getting up there but he seems a lot more likely to play 70+ games then the guys they traded for him.  

They will have some real challenges during the regular season but if they make it to the post-season with their top 6 healthy the gamble pays off.  We shall see.

• Moderators
On 10/8/2023 at 1:45 AM, NBASupes said:

My man Cam struggles so bad against these types of teams

Oof.  Any one of those would be ugly as hell but combined that is brutal.  And the nature of the opponent definitely impacts someone but not so much their shot.  Those were some BRICKs.  Surprised the backboard didn't break.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I was so excited when we picked him.  What a huge mistake.   Some pretty good players picked after him too.  

Good thing we moved on from him when we did and got a 1st rounder (we used in the DJ trade). 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, warcore said:

wish we coulda traded him there.... he kinda deserves that with the big head he's had without proving anything. 

Nah - Give me the first round pick.  He can sink or swim on his own after that.  

He easily has the talent to play in the league but hasn't shown the mental strength and discipline to make good use of those tools.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nah - Give me the first round pick. 

I'm sure reading back through some of those Cam threads is comical at this point.  We should be very happy we got a pick for that guy, and we were able to use it as a part of the package to get Murray.  And that Charlotte pick might never convert in the first round the way things are looking over there.  All in all, that worked out well for us.

• Like 1