• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 Draft Thread

akay

44 minutes ago, ABH said:

Another year I didn't get drafted..😭😭😭

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am way past the point of being draft eligible, lol.  No team would want me but I'd be an UFA.

I'd take both you dudes on my team.  Gotta have guys around to go get the donuts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am way past the point of being draft eligible, lol.  No team would want me but I'd be an UFA.

I’d take you AHF. You seem like the wily vet in the corner banging down 3’s to take pressure off folks. :smile:

• Like 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d take you AHF. You seem like the wily vet in the corner banging down 3’s to take pressure off folks. :smile:

Back in the day, I played guard in pickup games doing a mix of playmaking, defending and scoring but my jumper was definitely one that went in and out of the groove (could be great when I was in rhythm or I'd look to drive when it was off).  Now it is reliably terrible.

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd take both you dudes on my team.  Gotta have guys around to go get the donuts. 

But I'd definitely bring the donuts.  And get some good ones too.  Not the garbage pudding ones or the plain cake donuts.  (I like pudding but too many donuts use some sort of shelf stable garbage instead of actual pudding.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Since drafting Bronny probably guarantees you a year or two of having LeBron James on your roster, it will be fascinating to see where he gets drafted.  I am remembering LeBron talking about his dream of playing with his son so it seems to me that a lot of teams would be thrilled to give up their #15 pick or something just to get LeBron irrespective of the value of getting Bronny.

And I am 100% certain LBJ will direct who drafts his son where. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

And I am 100% certain LBJ will direct who drafts his son where. 

Eh, I think teams would only be willing to listen to him so much on that.  I can't imagine, for example, teams rating him as a top 15 prospect but letting him fall to 25 so the Lakers could take him.  Now if LeBron tells people that he won't go play with his son in Minnesota but will in Miami then of course Miami will be inclined to trade up for him and Minnesota will be less interested.  If he really wanted to play hardball and said his son would sit out and refuse to play for any teams other than the ones he likes, Bronny would certainly have a heck of a safety net with his Dad's money to tide him over but what a disservice that would do to his son's career.  So I would expect that it will be a blend of things that factor into where he goes.  I just think the idea of LeBron following his son is really intriguing.  I don't think a rookie has ever had that kind of potential upside before.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Eh, I think teams would only be willing to listen to him so much on that.  I can't imagine, for example, teams rating him as a top 15 prospect but letting him fall to 25 so the Lakers could take him.  Now if LeBron tells people that he won't go play with his son in Minnesota but will in Miami then of course Miami will be inclined to trade up for him and Minnesota will be less interested.  If he really wanted to play hardball and said his son would sit out and refuse to play for any teams other than the ones he likes, Bronny would certainly have a heck of a safety net with his Dad's money to tide him over but what a disservice that would do to his son's career.  So I would expect that it will be a blend of things that factor into where he goes.  I just think the idea of LeBron following his son is really intriguing.  I don't think a rookie has ever had that kind of potential upside before.

And then there’s this

FCD02349-0B80-49FF-BC8B-82690F713E13.thumb.jpeg.a5236393d51afa3a857c1dc95ef07bb1.jpeg

• Premium Member

last night myself and @Sothron got to feel like Spurs fans as we watched our Blackhawks pick a generational talent with the first overall pick, Connor Bedard.

It's a great feeling, but it makes the draft anti-climatic.  the lottery drawing was our Stanley Cup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shakes said:

last night myself and @Sothron got to feel like Spurs fans as we watched our Blackhawks pick a generational talent with the first overall pick, Connor Bedard.

It's a great feeling, but it makes the draft anti-climatic.  the lottery drawing was our Stanley Cup.

Is he as good as McDavid?

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I have a feeling that Bronny's play will never match the hype he is going to get.  

I really like his play as a role player. But players like him aren't usually lottery picks unless he shoots lights out

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is he as good as McDavid?

That's a high bar to clear, but all I'll say is that so far Bedard has been more impressive and put up better numbers than McDavid at the same age in the same competitions.

McDavid is a lot bigger than Bedard and is the best skater in the world, but Bedard is also an elite skate and actually has a better shot than McDavid.  Bedard's shooting is as good as anyone who's ever played the game.

Both have amazing vision and eyes in the back of their head.

They're both obsessed with the sport and would rather hang out in their garage shooting pucks than go to the bars/clubs.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really like his play as a role player. But players like him aren't usually lottery picks unless he shoots lights out

That is what makes him so fascinating to me.  I don't think he profiles as a lottery pick but if there is a high % chance his father comes along for the ride (directly or indirectly) then he goes in the lottery for sure.  When I say "indirectly" I mean that if you are Minnesota and draft Bronny in the lottery maybe LeBron won't consider coming to your team but then you have the opportunity to trade Bronny to a half dozen other teams where LeBron would go and those teams are in some sense trading for both players which would mean a pretty great return.  This could play out 100 different ways with the worst case (for Bronny's draft position) being one where he is valued on his own and the best case being one where he is going >10 spots higher just because of his dad.  It is kind of crazy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is what makes him so fascinating to me.  I don't think he profiles as a lottery pick but if there is a high % chance his father comes along for the ride (directly or indirectly) then he goes in the lottery for sure.  When I say "indirectly" I mean that if you are Minnesota and draft Bronny in the lottery maybe LeBron won't consider coming to your team but then you have the opportunity to trade Bronny to a half dozen other teams where LeBron would go and those teams are in some sense trading for both players which would mean a pretty great return.  This could play out 100 different ways with the worst case (for Bronny's draft position) being one where he is valued on his own and the best case being one where he is going >10 spots higher just because of his dad.  It is kind of crazy.

His dad even older has tremendous value

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

His dad even older has tremendous value

I’m a Bron hater all these years due to what he’s done to us but watching him play in the playoffs, that dude is still a top 5 dude when he turns it on. He’s a phenomenon, a freak. You shouldn’t be able to play that well at his age. Credit to the maintenance of his body and mind.

Having said that..

I HATE YOU QUEEN 🫅!!!!!! Lebron the lil French fella 😂 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shakes said:

I can't wait to see this kid take the ice in the Blackhawks sweater.  The team is still years away from being in the playoffs but at least there is something worth watching now.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I just have to wonder if he wasn't Lebron's son, would there be such hype over an undersized combo guard?

You have to wonder about this?  Not trying to be sarcastic but you don't wonder about this.  You know this for a fact.  I might never have heard of him if he wasn't LeBron's son.  (This doesn't mean he can't be a successful NBA player but obviously the hype is soooooo much higher than it would otherwise be.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1