• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Ummm 🤨 somebody botched a 2K update with our roster. The roster includes everyone besides DM??? @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster Is he on the move? Or was this a faux pas? 

WHERE IS DM???? We can’t possibly trade him can we? 

ps Look at Rudy Gay in the red Hawk uni 😂 

pps @JayBirdHawk I didn’t start Bey they did! :mellow: 

IMG_8559.jpeg

IMG_8558.jpeg

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why? He's been solid for them, and they have plenty of cap space. 

They should be going after bigger/different fish imo. Then again I view Barnes as a Wiggins type, I don’t love their games.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Well, they just traded Collins for nothing.  If it's PG13 for 2 years while some of our younger guys develop the timeline could work.  You'd hope that he's healthy for the playoffs, which is a gamble.  If not, guys like AJ and JJ get to step up and we'll see how they handle the moment. 

I'm not against PG or an impact player with mileage on him.  I'm just concerned about what it costs.  TBH...I don't know that there's anything on this roster I'd offer for PG.  I'd rather combine some of our high value talent in a move for a long-term piece than mortgage one of those guys for a short window.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My guess is they most likely offered Harden a similar 2yr max deal but he wanted a 4 year deal. @LarsV8 what are you hearing from the Houston end.

The things we heard.....but don't necessarily have confirmation of. 

-Harden was interested in coming back because his mom has cancer and he wanted to be near her. 

-Harden thought he would be welcomed back with a huge deal, but that it appears Houston has their limit. Guessing it was the same offer they gave FVV. Personally not sure why he wouldn't take that, 2 / 90 is a good chunk of change. How much money do you really need?

-I assume he is trying to find a place to get the most money possible long term. Opting in allows trade possibilities to non cap space teams, who would get his bird rights, and could offer that team the possibility to lock him up long term, who otherwise wouldn't be able to. Deep pocket teams like LA fit the bill. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

Felt like the team wasn't doing enough to justify the time fans invest

This, but worse. They're backing away from improving the team at a critical moment, and in my experience, this predicts (yet another) hamster wheel period followed by (yet another) tear down.

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Sturt has been an insightful and engaging poster on everything Hawks for longer than just about everyone here... I'd happily grab a beer and watch the game with him any day.

Back at ya. And at the risk of seeming too proud about it--a genuine risk because it really is chilz, dolfan, and this new regime of the current lead dogs that HS is the success it's been (take a bow, mods and cap)--I founded Hawksquawk in 2000, and was able to coax some AJC board posters like Diesel to join in. So, yeah... longer than everyone, period. 🙂

7 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm still holding out hope that he will return

Appreciate the good vibes.

But unlike a lot of sports fans, I've had some practice at this. I really do approach it as a consumer entertainment choice, not a form of religion. Quit the NBA for a few years until faith was somewhat restored that the league was recommitted to reffing games with some integrity. Stopped being an Astros fan altogether as the new owner accepted the commissioner's bribe to transition to the other league where they played a strategy-starved form of the game that I didn't find entertaining. Stopped being a baseball fan altogether when that strategy-starved form of the game became universal.

I generally considered myself among the most optimistic, if not the most optimistic of fans here. Well, maybe except for @Gray Mule. 🙂  But there can be no real Columbo investigation necessary to understand why my hopes for this franchise dropped off the table. My posts don't leave a lot of room for anyone to claim that they don't know where I stood/stand... with regard to whatever aspect you want to examine.

I won't be back for as long as this regime is running the show.

And look, I'm one of the last fans to beat on an owner of one of my teams. I really am. I enrage a lot of Cowboys fans with how I defend Jerry Jones on occasion. But the man does spend money and while the team hasn't been super successful, and while he and Stephen don't make all the best decisions, it's hard to question the man's passion for wanting to win first and foremost. He doesn't try to cut corners. If the team has to let go of a Zeke, it's not to save money. If the team has to let go of a Zeke, there's some way the team has reallocated resources to try to improve in spite of that loss.

I defended the Hawks lead owner for 7.5-ish years. I kept the faith. These last 6-ish months I've been made to realize that faith was not merited. (Not going to rehearse all that again... the "idiot or sly dog or both" thread speaks to it.)

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Been wrong a lot. Could be wrong again. Maybe you guys are celebrating this time next year, and there will be egg on my face, having abandoned my fandom. I'll be happy for you, though. Not so much for the owner because at this point I regard any good fortune that happens his way to be complete dumb luck. From a June 2023 perspective, I simply believe there are better ways for me to invest what time I have left on this planet, and after all, I don't answer to any one else in that way but me and my God. So, if indeed you're raising a championship trophy in 2024 or anytime during the Ressler era, don't feel bad for me regardless--win-win. I will be investing my time into some things that are more productive, more rewarding.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Supes why you gotta go and do things like this when you got momentum

I had a couple meetings. I just wrapped up. The OG account which was banned was being followed by most of sports twitter and was on point. This one seems like a troll. I thought it was the og on

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

The only thing consistent about Harden is he'll be outta shape and will ask out and wants max to do it.  Sign me up for none-a that. 

Harden is gonna blow up shop when he retires.. 350+ pounds. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

KJ Martin is someone we are looking at picking up in any trade with the Rockets

I missed this! Nice @Sothron on the next page I was talking about how much I loved him and his pops with Supes post but I missed yours. Thanks 🙏🏿 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Blah, blah, blah .... So why not go back to Houston? There's less than zero pressure on him. I mean why not just take the money and ride it in Houston, get your jersey hanging from the rafters and then go into the HOF? Who cares if you don't win a ring in a team sport as an individual? 

Asked and answered, your honor.  Udoka don't want 'im.

#ViveLaOutsiders

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I actually really enjoy his verbose style, as well as his use of italics. I'm sorry to hear he left.

What will you write on my tombstone, bk? 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I could see it. I can't believe he's not going back to Houston. I have distant family that live there (this is not insider stuff just talking) and they say he's like a god out there. Everyone loves him. Guy can do whatever he wants there. I don't know why, forget the most bang for your back, if you have that level of investment into YOU as a person...why the hell would you not want to go back to that? 

Makes no sense to me. Look at Harden's age and his game. Is he really the best or 2nd best player on a contender? We know the answer is no because they have do this thing called the playoffs and Harden is the biggest playoff choker in the history of the NBA. 

So why not go back to Houston? There's less than zero pressure on him. I mean why not just take the money and ride it in Houston, get your jersey hanging from the rafters and then go into the HOF? Who cares if you don't win a ring in a team sport as an individual? 

His people been selling this is a done deal for months. Even had Stone and Fertitta approval but it seems like they had remorse

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His people been selling this is a done deal for months. Even had Stone and Fertitta approval but it seems like they had remorse

Is this thing on?  I told you what the guy said weeks ago on live radio.  Udoka doesn't want Harden.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I could see it. I can't believe he's not going back to Houston. I have distant family that live there (this is not insider stuff just talking) and they say he's like a god out there. Everyone loves him. Guy can do whatever he wants there. I don't know why, forget the most bang for your back, if you have that level of investment into YOU as a person...why the hell would you not want to go back to that? 

Makes no sense to me. Look at Harden's age and his game. Is he really the best or 2nd best player on a contender? We know the answer is no because they have do this thing called the playoffs and Harden is the biggest playoff choker in the history of the NBA. 

So why not go back to Houston? There's less than zero pressure on him. I mean why not just take the money and ride it in Houston, get your jersey hanging from the rafters and then go into the HOF? Who cares if you don't win a ring in a team sport as an individual? 

Biggest playoff choker is so wrong LOL. Yall should be looking at the other sixer for that

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1