• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's your problem.

You believe that you have seen the great Quin Snyder.

You have not.   You have seen the great Quin Snyder working with Nate's offense and defense and coaches. 

That's like Gordon Ramsey cooking a Michelin Star quality dish with aluminum foil and no seasoning. 

The only reason that Quin took the helm away from Prunty is that he wanted to:

1.  Create Trust with the stars of this team.

2.  See what players needed to go and what players needed to stay.

The fact that we dominated Miami with the same offense that we had a gentelmen's sweep last year is a testament to his ability to coach up the team... but it had nothing to do with his own program. 

Right now, you're more Knee Jerky than Babcock.

We beat Miami because Trae dominated their asses from the jump and our shooters were making their 3s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We beat Miami because Trae dominated their asses from the jump and our shooters were making their 3s.

And we controlled the Boards.  And we limited their second shot opportunities.   And we didn't foul. 

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Afro said:

So I had a very strange thought......what if, just what if......because his name is in trade talk sand he thinks the Hawks are trying to move him....he is saying he will hit free agency and not resign if they keep him, since they Hawks aren't being loyal to him.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I'm trying to contain my excitement about this possibility......so I had to pop that bubble 

tenor.gif?itemid=5438945

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

And we controlled the Boards.  And we limited their second shot opportunities.   And we didn't foul. 

Yeah.. while everybody is so quick to move on from Capela... because he is old.. 28???

image.png

He is a major reason why we beat Miami... and we brutalized them. 

How on earth did Atlanta make it look so easy in South Beach?

The first answer is that the Hawks absolutely obliterated Miami on the glass in that game. Atlanta won the rebounding battle by an astounding plus-24 margin, with Clint Capela finishing the evening with 21 boards, including eight on the offensive end.

Every time Miami tried to make a run, Atlanta would deflate their momentum by generating two, sometimes even three field goal-attempt possessions that usually ended up in points. Relinquished offensive rebounds are the enemy of the comeback, and Miami found that out the hard way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. while everybody is so quick to move on from Capela... because he is old.. 28???

image.png

He is a major reason why we beat Miami... and we brutalized them. 

It’s because he is limited to defending the paint only.  He can’t guard on the perimeter.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

It’s because he is limited to defending the paint only.  He can’t guard on the perimeter.  

Well then you leave him in the paint.

The switching defense isn't for everybody.  Other teams enjoy it when they can make us take one of the leagues Best rebounders out on the three point line trying to guard a SG.   Does that really make sense?  Snyder is smart enough to come up with a scheme to keep CC in the paint while the other 4 participate in that switching.  Everybody is not going to be BAM. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The switching defense isn't for everybody.  Other teams enjoy it when they can make us take one of the leagues Best rebounders out on the three point line trying to guard a SG.   Does that really make sense?  Snyder is smart enough to come up with a scheme to keep CC in the paint while the other 4 participate in that switching.  Everybody is not going to be BAM. 

Okongwu can though.  He can defend the paint.  He can defend on the perimeter.  He makes the team more flexible defensively.  He’s got better range on his shot.  It’s Okongwu’s time.  He can be similar to Al defensively.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

There's growing optimism that DJM might sign the 4 year 120 million dollar extension and NOT wait to be a FA at the end of next season. This would make it far easier to build the team knowing he is staying here and giving him long term peace of mind.

Is this coming from your sources or just media chatter?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yup jake Fischer wrote this in today notebook too. Steal of a deal if he does ink it 

Would be amazing!

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That would be unexpected and a hell of a coup by Landry.

I'm very skeptical though. 

I am skeptical also.  But DJM seems like the kind of guy who just might do it to know that he will be here because he is loyal and not a diva.  Talk about Hawks DNA.

51 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

You’ve got to be kidding me.  Is this an official account?  Murray would certainly earn some additional “cred” for such a move.

He would be the most (probably second most) loved Hawks player in a long time.

• Premium Member
Just now, Jdawgflow said:

Is this coming from your sources or just media chatter?

Would be amazing!

I am skeptical also.  But DJM seems like the kind of guy who just might do it to know that he will be here because he is loyal and not a diva.  Talk about Hawks DNA.

He would be the most (probably second most) loved Hawks player in a long time.

from my sources. I don't really follow NBA media twitter. Sometimes I see something that Brad Rowland, Jason Walker or Glen Willis comment about but that's pretty much it. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Okongwu can though.  He can defend the paint.  He can defend on the perimeter.  He makes the team more flexible defensively.  He’s got better range on his shot.  It’s Okongwu’s time.  He can be similar to Al defensively.  

I have never doubted that there will be an Okongwu time.   However,  it can still coincide with CC's time.   OO can just start getting more minutes until we find a trade that makes us better for CC.  For me, that has always been the plan.  But OO has to rebound too.  Notice while CC had 21 boards, OO played ~20 mins that game and got 4 rebounds.   That is a very Hunterish output.   Boards are just as much a part of defense as switching out on SGs and preventing shots.   IN fact, I  think our worst moments is when we give up 2nd chance points to the other team. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

from my sources. I don't really follow NBA media twitter. Sometimes I see something that Brad Rowland, Jason Walker or Glen Willis comment about but that's pretty much it. 

That seems encouraging.  Did they mention why he might want to sign?  Just likes being here and $30mil/yr is enough money?

Also, I miss Jason Walker from back in the day here.  I remember when the team kept him from going to anymore draft workouts because his reporting was so honest and thorough that agents got upset.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ummmm . . . Diesel?

Quin was the coach here.