• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

OO is the key. He will be unlocked. Him and KAT will be an excellent pairing. 

Thats alot to carry. We're gonna need another defender off the bench for sure.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, aali34 said:

@NBASupes If we get KAT our offense blows through the roof, but our defense takes a massive beating.

Does the front office feel confident that a team with Trae and KAT can win a chip?

I do think it depends on who we give up, but OO, Hunter and DJM are good defensive pieces. I also trust Snyder to make it work. 

I always say late game defense and overall defense are two different beasts. Can you get a stop when it matters? CC has always been good at overall defense, but I’ve never thought in late game situations that they aren’t going to score on us because we have CC in the paint.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

CC has always been good at overall defense, but I’ve never thought in late game situations that they aren’t going to score on us because we have CC in the paint.

OO is so much more versatile that he's much more useful come playoff time.  He can switch defend the perimeter, his instincts are elite, he is super strong and defends two of the best bigs in the East very well (Giannis and Embiid).  I am hoping his extension can be negotiated and announced soon.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

KAT's numbers from last year are not that great. He has missed a lot of games too. He's one the worst defensive centers. And he has a massive contract. Things to consider here. 

Sometimes a change of scenery can do a player good, but you are not wrong about these concerns. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

KAT's numbers from last year are not that great. He has missed a lot of games too. He's one the worst defensive centers. And he has a massive contract. Things to consider here. 

I would rather have another star given the choice between KAT and the alternatives. So agreed here.

Still holding out hope Masai comes to his senses and takes the Hunter plus young players deal. 

I know there are some big KAT fans here but I don't see it.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Don’t see KAT as having Hawks DNA.  Is he going to sacrifice individual success for team success?   He’s so bad defensively as well.  

If we don't have to pay much for him, it's worth the experiment -- at least that's my take on KAT.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Going to say this: I have to do two back procedures every year. I am going in tomorrow for the first one of this year. I will try to stay plugged in as much as I can while I recover from it. I'll be in bed for the next few days starting tomorrow but I will try to stick around. Just saying this now in case something happens over the weekend. 

Well wishes 'Ron!! 

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Always been @JayBirdHawk boy 👦😂 congrats Burd! 

:curtsey:. You know it!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Going to say this: I have to do two back procedures every year. I am going in tomorrow for the first one of this year. I will try to stay plugged in as much as I can while I recover from it. I'll be in bed for the next few days starting tomorrow but I will try to stick around. Just saying this now in case something happens over the weekend. 

Best wishes to you @Sothron. Thanks for your insight as always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

KAT is the better fit imo compared to Siakam.

More size next to OO and better spacing for Trae. 

I think he’ll be fine on defense. OO takes the tougher cover and KAT can guard the Lopez’s and Horford’s of the East.

KAT can’t guard a chair, so OO is gonna have to be all nba level defensively 

• Like 1