• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

what did i miss? - Imgflip

A back and forth Trae and Hunter debate (eventually merged) that had people hoping there was news. 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

I’m pretty sure Minnesota has no use for younger and more unproven role players with upside. They are built to compete now and if they want to contend you don’t trade KAT for unproven players. 

It a money thing for them. 3 big contracts long term. They want to keep KAT and move Gobert, but nobody wants Gobert, allegedly.

They don’t want to pay all 3 after what they saw last season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

I’m pretty sure Minnesota has no use for younger and more unproven role players with upside. They are built to compete now and if they want to contend you don’t trade KAT for unproven players. 

They have three max contracts and didn't make the playoffs.

That's not going to fly...

How do you even get three max contracts?  I thought it was illegal. 

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

He said we traded Collins for cap space ignoring that we got $0 in cap space from the trade, lol.  It amazes me how many people talk so confidently about subjects in which they have no expertise or insight.

Yeah, it's a way of life for some people -- corporate world breeds them

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Based on what I've gathered, they want more from Atlanta than Atlanta is willing to give them for KAT.

To be fair, this can be said about every trade in history right up until it's signed.

I'm still weary of a KAT trade as it seems our FO is too, so it makes sense that they're low balling their offer until Siakam is completely off the table.  I have mixed feelings about a Siakam/OO front court, or a Siakam/Capela front court, but I have a lot more confidence Siakam will be ON the court, which is always #1 for me as a fan.  

Pascal Siakam’s ‘message has been sent’ on potential Hawks-Raptors trade

The Atlanta Hawks have been in heavy pursuit of Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam but the feelings are not mutual.

“As for Siakam…the resistance to a trade to Atlanta has really been on his side,” said Marc Stein on the ‘#thisleague UNCUT’ podcaston July 7. “The most-consistent rumblings there have been the Hawks had been very interested in a trade for Siakam, and that Siakam has been resistant to it…Siakam really wouldn’t be interested in a contract extension if the [Raptors] were to move him.”

According to Stein, the “message has been sent” to Atlanta about Siakam’s stance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ummm

I think chances Siakam comes here are nearly none.

Chances that KAT is traded I think are low, is going to be difficult to get an all-star of that caliber here without paying a high price and I doubt we are doing that. If we are able to keep JJ, AJ, OO and Hunter for me is a no brainer but I am beginning to get the feeling this trade will not get done. Hopefully I am wrong.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

As I correctly predicted, a KAT trade is/ was not imminent. Probably won't happen at all. 

There probably will be a trade because we know these facts:

-Atlanta is actively looking for a star

-Toronto IS actively shopping Siakam

-Wolves have a cap problem and KAT/Gobert was not a good pairing and they know that.

The trade just won’t be on yours or any other hawks fans preferred timeline.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Ummm

I think chances Siakam comes here are nearly none.

Chances that KAT is traded I think are low, is going to be difficult to get an all-star of that caliber here without paying a high price and I doubt we are doing that. If we are able to keep JJ, AJ, OO and Hunter for me is a no brainer but I am beginning to get the feeling this trade will not get done. Hopefully I am wrong.

Hawks fans on Monday...

Hoodwinked, Bamboozled, Led Astray GIF - Bamboozled Hoodwinked Led Astray -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1