• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From the insider private talks:

Sothron 18,880

Replied: June 9, 2022

Premium Member

Reached out after my last post. All he can say is we have a deal on the table for an All Star player but he won't say who it is. I asked him was it Ben Simmons and he paused and said I can't say any more and ended the talk. 

I don't know if it is Ben but it was odd for him to end a talk that quickly. 

Also from insider private talks:

Sothron 18,880

Replied: June 13, 2022

Premium Member

Yes, my guy sent me a message on Sunday. He basically said look REDACTED (that's my name you guys know this already) I know this is hard for you but I can't confirm names so don't toss names at me. He repeated there is a deal already agreed for an All Star player and he will not say more than that. he was open to talk about who we liked in the draft. Which...I find odd because I have to think if we trade for an All Star we probably arne't keeping our pick.

And this: 

Sothron 18,880

Replied: June 20, 2022

Premium Member

I couldn't share this in public but my source confirmed the secret trade is still on and still won't say who it is. He said that the Hawks have this locked down so tightly that he would lose his job if he told me the names involved. At least we all have these private talks here as receipts for when receipts are due when people get angry about whatever the team does in trades or the draft.

Also this:

Sothron 18,880

Replied: June 22, 2022

Premium Member

The problem is we can't call out that this is intentional Hawks disinformation campaign. It is frustrating.

FWIW when we have been trying to guess this mystery team secret deal I have in fact thought Murray from SAS could be the guy. 

And finally...

Sothron 18,881

Replied: June 29, 2022

Premium Member

ok guys I can't repeat this on the boards but I knew yesterday we were doing the deal. My source made me promise not to tell anyone, not even Mrs. Sothron. And I didn't. The hold up according to him was the pick protections and Pops trying to get OO included in the deal. 

And...stop. I don't keep up with NBA twitter as I said before. We knew on the insiders that we had a deal for an All Star player as early as June 9th. Sources would not state who the name was at the time because the Hawks were actively engaged in disinformation to A: hide their true plan (trade for DJM) and B: try to find leaks because as has been mentioned for YEARS the Hawks have people who follow the Squawk. They aren't stupid. 

So just using this example we have receipts of all THREE insiders knowing about this secret trade in early June well before the actual trade went down. There's receipts for more things we broke here in terms of NBA gossip/trade rumors that either went down OR at least were reported by other media after we broke it.

Why does this matter? Because one of the reasons we talk privately is to discuss things we can't talk about in public and also leave a transparent paper trail if you will of things we pass on that we can point back to when say random guy like this random guy I'm quoting is basically calling us out. 

All THREE of us have heard about the Hawks trying to trade for KAT. 

Speaking of KAT, from private insider...

Sothron 18,881

Replied: December 30, 2022

Premium Member

So I can't put this on the board but we're talking about a potential doozy trade in the offseason. KAT coming to Atlanta. Atlanta wants KAT.  KAT can't be traded until the offseason. But this is being talked about. We also have our eyes on Embiid if Harden goes to Houston.

Fields wants to make a splashy hire as HC (Ressler is behind this as well) and another "win now" trade to finally convince Ressler to pay the LT next season.

*coughs* so not only did I call the "splashy hire" for HC well before it happened but this was the most serious trade discussions we had for KAT. Trades can take time. Teams can get cold feet. Owners can nix a trade AFTER it has been agreed upon. It is documented that our own Tony Ressler nixed JC to the Kings for Barnes and a FRP BEFORE we did the Kvon trade. 

So if KAT does NOT come to Atlanta it will probably be from their one owner nixing the deal. That has always been the hold up of a potential KAT trade. 

It is possible we have another trade coming that they are keeping totally quiet. Like so quiet even a hint of it on this board would get someone fired for leaking. 

I don’t even know what to make of that but thanks for posting your messages in earnest.

Hopefully we’ll see some upgrade this off-season. In the meantime there are some that want KAT, some that want JB, some that want someone, some that want none.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My apologies if I took the wrong way. I have been in pretty severe pain from Friday and it hasn't really let up yet. I am cranky and irritable. No excuses  though if I accuse you of something you didn't mean. My bad.

You should know... If I were going to come for you for passing along BS, I wouldn't send subliminals.  I would say it.    I'm the bad guy remember.   However, I am just wanting to see what the FO is going to do.   I'm Anxious because Trae got me anxious and if the only move is getting PM.. I'm cool with that too... I like our squad and don't mind waiting for the right guy.  ON a personal note.. go back and read... I told you that I was praying for you to get better.   I don't say that lightly or in jest.   I am. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Would you be upset if the trade was for Ben Simmons?

image.png

The question...

Was it Travis or someone else who thought that Simmons would be a great match with Trae?

I wanted Ben last offseason. I won't run away from that. But he's done. I don't see him returning and being the All-NBA player he was before he broke in the 2021 Playoffs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

No updates from me. 

If I can address some of the random posts in here, let's look at where things have gone so far:

JC traded for basically nothing. Fields says flat out he was traded for financial flexibility to allow the team to get better. We have a 25 million dollar TPE now.

DJM tweets about "loyalty" and then signs the full max extension with us at deliberately lower than his market value if he had waited just one season. 

Team moves Houston players and Rudy Gay and a pick for Patty Mills whose salary fits in perfectly to make other trades possible.

Trae gets on the gram and says "big news" are coming this weekend.

Even if you ignore everything myself, supes and campster have posted does that sound like a team that is done making moves? Do you really think DJM would take less money for YEARS on an extension if he was told the plan was to cut salary for Ressler and that's it? 

All signs point to a major trade happening. We still have quite a lot of time before the season starts.

Some of y’all said it would be done this weekend tho and here I am looking for a notification lol 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I wanted Ben last offseason. I won't run away from that. But he's done. I don't see him returning and being the All-NBA player he was before he broke in the 2021 Playoffs. 

I don't disagree.  Or at the least he was finessing the NBA.   However, even if he is finessing the NBA, he has to know that he only has 2 more years.   What if he has decided to put on two strong years to get another big contract?

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I don’t even know what to make of that but thanks for posting your messages in earnest.

Hopefully we’ll see some upgrade this off-season. In the meantime there are some that want KAT, some that want JB, some that want someone, some that want none.

You said none of the insiders knew about the DJM trade. I gave you examples that we knew we were trading for an AS and towards the end of the month BEFORE the trade happened I guessed correctly it was DJM. The day before the trade one of my sources told me the trade details but I wasn't cleared to post about it until it went down. 

I also showed one example of calling out the Snyder hire and our interest in KAT goes back to at least last season. I didn't check back enough but I believe we had serious KAT talks back to last offseason in the summer.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I'm sorry D. Truly. I'm not in the righ thead space to be on the squawk right now until I don't feel like there's a jackhammer going non stop in my lower back. I do appreciate the prayers. You aren't the bad guy. No one on here is a bad guy. we're all fans of the Hawks and we just want them to win. 

I hope that you feel better.   Take the propofol.  That stuff is the truth!!

On another Note...

Outsider News.

Just found out that two PFs are available... In the future. 

1.  Jerami Grant

2.  Zion Williamson

First Grant.  Word on the street is that PTL only signed Grant to the Massive contract because they were trying to appease Dame.  Well, Now that Dame wants out, they would rather continue a Youth movement with cheap contracts.   They have buyers remorse.     I was joking about taking Ben Simmons.  The outsiders were saying that if it could get them two FRPs, PTL may trade Grant for Simmons and the picks because his deal is shorter.  The thing is that they don't fear the apron now.. they fear it later.   It's almost like if they lose Dame, they want to tank...

Second Williamson.  The outsiders are saying that the NO FO has lost all hope in Williamson's passion to play in N.O.  Somebody said that it meant something that he didn't show up to support.  Whatever that means.  I don't know if it's later because of contract or if they want to give him one more good look but there's a lot of doubters in N.O. 

I believe a deal with good young players may get N.O. to flinch.  But I don't know if I trust him to stay healthy.  I know he'd love Atlanta because of...

How an Atlanta strip club runs the music industry | GQ India

You know...but somebody would have to get him training right and eating right. 

• Haha 1

Id be more comfortable giving JB a max than KAT. Having a defensive liability at center is brutal. It's one of those things you don't understand the gravity of until he's on your team. JB is pretty much solid across the board, although probably not quite as great a natural scorer as KAT. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Id be more comfortable giving JB a max than KAT. Having a defensive liability at center is brutal. It's one of those things you don't understand the gravity of until he's on your team. JB is pretty much solid across the board, although probably not quite as great a natural scorer as KAT. 

Then you and @Spud2nique, since yall are new friends, better bundle up and wait 'cause i think it's gonna be a while before the Brown situation resolves. 

I agree withbyour sentiment though. 

• Haha 1