• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

You ever think about the flawed players we are considering...

KAT - Injury prone.  Will make Big money over the next 5 years. 

Zion -  Stays injured. 

Simmons - Broken player; Shell of himself. 

Siakam - Has come out and said he won't resign with us if we trade for him.  High Usage; Low TS%.  Will Command 5 year 242 Million dollar deal at 30.  

PG13 - Lately, he can't stay on the court. 

JB - Not a good outside shooter.  Will command near max money.

Damn.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

No updates from me. 

If I can address some of the random posts in here, let's look at where things have gone so far:

JC traded for basically nothing. Fields says flat out he was traded for financial flexibility to allow the team to get better. We have a 25 million dollar TPE now.

DJM tweets about "loyalty" and then signs the full max extension with us at deliberately lower than his market value if he had waited just one season. 

Team moves Houston players and Rudy Gay and a pick for Patty Mills whose salary fits in perfectly to make other trades possible.

Trae gets on the gram and says "big news" are coming this weekend.

Even if you ignore everything myself, supes and campster have posted does that sound like a team that is done making moves? Do you really think DJM would take less money for YEARS on an extension if he was told the plan was to cut salary for Ressler and that's it? 

All signs point to a major trade happening. We still have quite a lot of time before the season starts.

I am hoping that you are feeling better @Sothron, As somebody who had his elbow replace and other surgeries, I know that you are going through alot of pain and I hope you are feeling better.

With all of the trades and still having that 25m TPE, hopefully a couple of roster spots and waiting for official trade for Mills and decision on Bruno.  I think we will make a major trade.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, warcore said:

yes because we can get him for vet min / MLE once his contract expires

He's going to be out of the league once his contract expires. 

His contract is a toxic apron saver...

He's gaining value (according to the outsiders) because teams that don't want to be on the apron in 2 years, recognize that they can trade their albatrosses and get cap relief and maybe a frp.  It's the Allan Houston Effect... for you old heads. Unless he puts together 2 strong years, nobody is going to sign him after this contract.   

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Maybe by the deadline, we may be able to swing a trade for MPJ... The tealeaves are telling me that he's not going to be in Denver past this season.

Are you getting out in front of every potential trade candidate? I see that work being put in

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Are you getting out in front of every potential trade candidate? I see that work being put in

Nawl... Just the ones I like. 

Seriously though.. I wholeheartedly believe that MPJ will be out in Denver.  Their front office is making moves that are dubious but the one move that is expected is that they will drop risk and salary by trading him. 

He fits what we need...  Athletic PF who can hit threes.   His defense is getting better.   But Gueye may make that trade thought irrelevant. 

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nawl... Just the ones I like. 

Seriously though.. I wholeheartedly believe that MPJ will be out in Denver.  Their front office is making moves that are dubious but the one move that is expected is that they will drop risk and salary by trading him. 

He fits what we need...  Athletic PF who can hit threes.   His defense is getting better.   But Gueye may make that trade thought irrelevant. 

PG - Young

SG - Murray

SF - MPJ

PF - OO

C- KAT

Is this a contender? Works in 2k with the cap off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

No.

I’ve thought about KAT a lot and I don’t think any team with him and Trae will be a contender.  The defensive holes those two create are far too great to overcome in the playoffs.  You could have three all-defense players with them, but it wouldn’t matter come playoff time.  Any good coach will target them hard and you just cant hide two ppl, especially not a center.  Probably be a great regular season team though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

PG - Young

SG - Murray

SF - MPJ

PF - OO

C- KAT

Can we even trade for MPJ? Isn't he on that designated rookie max extension like Trae? 

I'd rather keep Hunter than trade for MPJ.

PG - Young, Bufkin

SG - Murray, Bogi, AJ

SF - Hunter, AJ, JJ

PF - KAT, OO, JJ

C - OO - KAT, 

I think that team has at minimum a conference finals potential. 

12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

No.

I’ve thought about KAT a lot and I don’t think any team with him and Trae will be a contender.  The defensive holes those two create are far too great to overcome in the playoffs.  You could have three all-defense players with them, but it wouldn’t matter come playoff time.  Any good coach will target them hard and you just cant hide two ppl, especially not a center.  Probably be a great regular season team though.

I think you are exaggerating how bad KAT's defense is.  Go look at his defense the year before Gobert got there. It was pretty solid. Last year he played out of position so yeah there is some videos showing his bad mistakes. 

Trae also picked up on the defensive end a little.  Not saying either will be great.  The perimeter defense is what needs to be improved.

I know you want Brown, but he got cooked in the playoffs and regular season too which everyone seems to gloss over. I don't see how you can support Brown and then be like nah I don't want KAT who will by all means make everyone fit better on the offensive end.  To me KAT, makes the most since because he maximizes Trae who plays through his big men. He also makes OO starting at center make more sense (he'll be PF on defense, center on offense).  To me, KAT solves more roster construction problems because he allows everyone on the team to play to their strengths. I just don't see that with Brown. Defense is a team concept and it'll be about getting stops in the last few minutes of a playoff game and KAT can do that when he wants. He's actually done it against the Hawks a few times and I was surprised because I thought he was just a terrible defender. 

All these trade hopefuls are flawed which @Diesel showed.

Just my 2 cents which equates to nothing :).

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we're building around Trae / DJM / OO .... which it really seems like we are. KAT makes more sense for this roster than JB.

And this is coming from one of the bigger JB fans on this board.

Our defense will be fine if Trae plays like he did when Quin got here and DJM, Hunter, and OO all play like we know they can play on that end.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

If we're building around Trae / DJM / OO .... which it really seems like we are. KAT makes more sense for this roster than JB.

And this is coming from one of the bigger JB fans on this board.

Our defense will be fine if Trae plays like he did when Quin got here and DJM, Hunter, and OO all play like we know they can play on that end.

It's the only reason I support this as well. KAT in that lineup makes everything work.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think you are exaggerating how bad KAT's defense is.  Go look at his defense the year before Gobert got there. It was pretty solid. Last year he played out of position so yeah there is some videos showing his bad mistakes. 

Trae also picked up on the defensive end a little.  Not saying either will be great.  The perimeter defense is what needs to be improved.

I know you want Brown, but he got cooked in the playoffs and regular season too which everyone seems to gloss over. I don't see how you can support Brown and then be like nah I don't want KAT who will by all means make everyone fit better on the offensive end.  To me KAT, makes the most since because he maximizes Trae who plays through his big men. He also makes OO starting at center make more sense (he'll be PF on defense, center on offense).  To me, KAT solves more roster construction problems because he allows everyone on the team to play to their strengths. I just don't see that with Brown. Defense is a team concept and it'll be about getting stops in the last few minutes of a playoff game and KAT can do that when he wants. He's actually done it against the Hawks a few times and I was surprised because I thought he was just a terrible defender. 

All these trade hopefuls are flawed which @Diesel showed.

Just my 2 cents which equates to nothing :).

Agree to disagree on KATs defense but his pay being 5% higher is undeniable which allows for better role players in a JB roster scenario — which could be the difference of being able to keep AJ or JJ longer term if one of both of them pan out how we hope.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree to disagree on KATs defense but his pay being 5% higher is undeniable which allows for better role players in a JB roster scenario — which could be the difference of being able to keep AJ or JJ longer term if one of both of them pan out how we hope.

We can on the defense.  🙂

If you trade for JB, I'm pretty sure one of them, if not both, will not be on the roster anyway. I think one of the insiders have stated that JJ and AJ would not be included in the KAT trade.  Another reason I support KAT over JB trade.  It keeps continuity while allowing young players to improve in their roles. 

I'd rather stand pat than trade for JB. Is he that much better than Murray who'll be about $10 million cheaper?  You can't say the same with KAT.  There's no one on the Hawks team with his skillset at the big man spot. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1