• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Hawks problem:

M. Gueye is better than the Squawk expected.  He may play the 3-4.  He may stick with the Hawks.  If the proposed trade goes down, Hawks are short of a 3-4 player.  What to do?  What to do?

:smug:

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have to point out Hunter is the main piece for either KAT or Siakam. He knows this. Capela also knows he is being shopped around as well as a third trade partner to help make those other deals happen.

does it sound like we could be getting back a possible depth piece as well ? 

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Could be, but the roster still makes more sense trading for him than either Brown or Siakam. You can't really argue that point.

I'm with ya man, would rather have KAT. With that said, the original rumor was Bey going out.

If that's changed to Dre going out, I may have to rethink things as Trae/Bey/KAT would be a disaster on defense.

We're smoking everyone on offense though.

• Like 1

I'm not confident that Trae/Murray/Bey/Pascal/OO is a notable improvement over last years starting line up. PS better on the defensive end than Collins, but Bey is worse than Hunter on that end.

Things would be more fluid in terms of mobility, but, eh.... I don't know.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This is from my twolf source just posting it here to keep things transparent. I know the money doesn't work. They know the money doesn't work but the Grant Williams s&t hasn't been made official so maybe this goes into that?

Hawks get: Siakam and Mcgee

Mavs get: Capela

Rapts get: Hunter, Bey, 1st round pick

Tim hardaway jr goig to the Raps as well 

first is from dallas side of the deal

We should know by 4pm if this goes down

So...stay tuned?

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

does it sound like we could be getting back a possible depth piece as well ? 

yes, mcgee as backup center

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm not confident that Trae/Murray/Bey/Pascal/OO is a notable improvement over last years starting line up. PS better on that end than Collins, but Bey is worse than Hunter on that end.

I think its a solid improvment because of the way we will play and youve got better DEF overall along with some better shooting - now if collins was or gets back to a real nice 3 pt shooter maybe its closer but I think this is solid improvment - nothing crazy but def solid step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm not confident that Trae/Murray/Bey/Pascal/OO is a notable improvement over last years starting line up. PS better on that end than Collins, but Bey is worse than Hunter on that end.

Sorry Hunter has not made much impact on wins and losses or +/- while on the court.  We can replace him.

• Like 3

💨

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

This is from my twolf source just posting it here to keep things transparent. I know the money doesn't work. They know the money doesn't work but the Grant Williams s&t hasn't been made official so maybe this goes into that?

So...stay tuned?

yes, mcgee as 

Just now, Final_quest said:

Sorry Hunter has not made much impact on wins and losses or +/- while on the court.  We can replace him.

Hunter and cc only needs to go

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So...stay tuned?

I think we will have to do more if that is the deal - not sure we can lose collins, bey, cap, hunter for siakam.

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wonder if it ends up being the 3 way with Dallas or just the two team. Gotta believe Capela will be moved in the same framework somehow.

Maybe he thinks "Ciao" is French and he's off to Canada.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks problem:

M. Gueye is better than the Squawk expected.  He may play the 3-4.  He may stick with the Hawks.  If the proposed trade goes down, Hawks are short of a 3-4 player.  What to do?  What to do?

:smug:

Having a talented young player is the kind of problem I want to have more of.  He will need development regardless.  If there is opportunity for him in the rotation and he can earn minutes, all the better.

Matt

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So...stay tuned?

Sothron— Don’t you think Hunter, Capela, and Bey is more than enough (even steep) for Siakam (and that’s excluding the 1st)?

I dont think there are many teams that can put together a package for Siakam while matching non-negative contracts.  Stay patient, Landry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

PG - Trae / Mills / Kobe / Vit

SG - Murray / Bogi / Griffin / Mathews

SF - 

PF - Siakam / JJ / Gueye

C - OO / Bruno

Something’s missing 🤔🤔🤔

Position flexibility withstanding, JJ and AJ are 3's. AJ has lot's to grow.

Tyrese Martin could too

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1