• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Is this not just as embarrassing for us as it is for Toronto?

They’re the girl who is holding out for someone better to ask her to prom.

We’re the guy who already asked her and are waiting for her to weigh her options before she says yes.

I just hope all our eggs aren’t in one basket. 

you basically just described ever episode of Love Island UK

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We hold all the cards. We have, despite what one person thinks, real talks about KAT. We lose NOTHING if we either run things back or simply trade Capela to recoup draft picks or young guys to replace what we lost in the DJM trade. 

This is the point though. Are we so locked in on holding out for Siakam that we won’t pull the trigger on KAT until Siakam is officially off the table?

If that 3rd team pops up to take on Capela’s contract, are we ready to say screw Toronto and move on?

All signs are that we are committed to getting Siakam. Supes has stated numerous times he is our top target.

If KAT is a realistic possibility, I’m not even waiting on Masai anymore. I’m telling him to kick rocks. It just seems like we would rather Minny wait on us while we wait for Toronto.

That’s my issue. We have options, but are laser focused only on one of them. We hold the cards, but are waiting to play one hand.

Seems like KAT is the backup option. All speculation, but time will tell.

• Like 3

Is clear we need to improve our defense, size, strength and shooting.

Siakam is a good defender but is a poor fit with OO and Murray, really poor fit, we need a shooting big badly. Siakam would destroy our offense and I am not sold on the defense improvement he is going to give, our frontcourt would be undersized and we would have problems with big centers. He is already 29 and we would need to pay him till 35…. Is not a lock he is resigning, I see very little positives.

KAT is younger, fits better with our starting lineup. I think the fit with OO is great and is a real difference maker on offense. I can see KAT, Young, and Bey playing outside while DJM shots from outside and midrange and OO operates on pick and roll. Is a very balanced team. KAT could defend the C where is more confident and OO might defend the PF. This is a real good fit. 

I don’t want to give any assets for Siakam, I would prefer to go as we are or trade Capela for a shooting Center as Miles Turner or other

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Is clear we need to improve our defense, size, strength and shooting.

Siakam is a good defender but is a poor fit with OO and Murray, really poor fit, we need a shooting big badly. Siakam would destroy our offense and I am not sold on the defense improvement he is going to give, our frontcourt would be undersized and we would have problems with big centers. He is already 29 and we would need to pay him till 35…. Is not a lock he is resigning, I see very little positives.

KAT is younger, fits better with our starting lineup. I think the fit with OO is great and is a real difference maker on offense. I can see KAT, Young, and Bey playing outside while DJM shots from outside and midrange and OO operates on pick and roll. Is a very balanced team. KAT could defend the C where is more confident and OO might defend the PF. This is a real good fit. 

I don’t want to give any assets for Siakam, I would prefer to go as we are or trade Capela for a shooting Center as Miles Turner or other

Spacing would be a problem but our offense was pretty good last year with a non-shooter in JC at the 4. I’m not advocating for siakam over KAT. Just pointing out a fact. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The notion than an athlete took less money to give to another athlete makes no sense to me. If athletes are all friend and all agree to take less money like LeBron and friends then yes...but one funds the others? Makes no sense

• Like 2

Spacing would be a problem but our offense was pretty good last year with a non-shooter in JC at the 4. I’m not advocating for siakam over KAT. Just pointing out a fact. 

Well, JC shot 35-40% of his shots from 3, Siakam 20%.

Collins shot 10 shots per game, Siakam 18.

That is a huge difference. We were good on offense when we had a shooting PF playing significant minutes as Gallo. We were not as good last year with better players.

WE NEED A SHOOTING BIG BADLY!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well, JC shot 35-40% of his shots from 3, Siakam 20%.

Collins shot 10 shots per game, Siakam 18.

That is a huge difference. We were good on offense when we had a shooting PF playing significant minutes as Gallo. We were not as good last year with better players.

WE NEED A SHOOTING BIG BADLY!!!

7th rated offense last year with a worse shooting lineup than what we’d look like with Siakam.  And that doesnt account for the fact we’d have a PF that can dribble, drive, and play make.  Also doesnt account for Nate’s system — does anyone think Quin is a worse offensive coach? Id love to have that debate.

So our floor is already looking like 7th rated offense — thats how good Trae is.   Add in Quin, a PF that can dribble, and hopefully (fingers crossed) 3P shooting improvement from DJ, OO, and even Siakam (hell get better looks sharing court with Trae) and we have enough fire power imo.  Spacing is important but having someone in the front court that can dribble helps a lot.  So we dont need to overload on offensive talent imo, only one shot per possession.  We have A LOT of room to improve defensively.  Its clear to me why our FO values Siakam higher than KAT and I agree with them.

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The notion than an athlete took less money to give to another athlete makes no sense to me. If athletes are all friend and all agree to take less money like LeBron and friend then yes...but one funds the others? Makes no sense

Athlete: Me being on a better team = more money for me in the long run.

Me taking less money, in a cap-driven league = me being on a better team.

Try, peo.

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks should move on.  Toronto doesn't appear to be negotiating in good faith.

Agreed.

In other news, the 'Dan's strike again.  Saw a realgm post suggesting the Raptors are targeting players like Trae via their Siakim trade.

Smh

"Hello delusion, my old friend." - Canadans 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Try, peo.

Agreed.

In other news, the 'Dan's strike again.  Saw a realgm post suggesting the Raptors are targeting players like Trae via their Siakim trade.

Smh

"Hello delusion, my old friend." - Canadans 

Brown ain't doing it! Siakam ain't doing it! Towns sure as he'll didn't do it. And the list goes on and on

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Try, peo.

Agreed.

There is a reason Dame signed that max deal before demanding a trade

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

DJM tore his ACL once. $120M guaranteed today and you don’t have to worry about another injury hurting your value next summer.

He chose the security and I respect it. 

I can accept this over him wanting someone else to get paid first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There is a reason Dame signed that max deal before demanding a trade

Maybe because he's selfish and doesn't care about winning.  Yes, let's celebrate that.

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Brown ain't doing it! Siakam ain't doing it! Towns sure as he'll didn't do it. And the list goes on and on

So?  Did you just ask the question as a vehicle to attack someone's answer?  Seems so.  I blame myself for not seeing this coming a mile away.  I'm out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Maybe because he's selfish and doesn't care about winning.  Yes, let's celebrate that.

So?  Did you just ask the question as a vehicle to attack someone's answer?  Seems so.  I blame myself for not seeing this coming a mile away.  I'm out.

It just makes no sense. It just doesn't happen in any sport in reality. You may see a few ring chasers follow lebron etc around but never the 2nd best player giving up money to pay the 3rd best player more. There are more plausible explanation are available.

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Look, Toronto is in a tough spot here. But so are we. We basically traded JC for nothing if we can't secure a trade. 

But we did trade JC for nothing. That's done. We got our precious breathing room under the tax. I've moved on. 

Whatever is traded for whatever else we bring in, JC is not a part of that. 

And I don't agree that we are in the same tough spot TOR is. We have our two stars locked up and they're in their mid 20s. Masai knows that he can't max his aging start next summer and this is his last chance to get something decent in return. 

And I don't think this roster is that bad as is. I don't want to make a bad trade just to "save face" on giving away JC. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Who cares?  Let people write their own narrative.  Maybe he signed to secure the bag and not risk anything happening this year; maybe he wanted to allow the team to be more competitive.  Maybe it's a mix.  It doesn't really matter so there's no reason to be overly negative towards peoples opinions. 

Rather have basketball discussion than bicker about players' motives, given none of us know them personally.

Yeah but someone is using that logic to prove to some that a deal is eminent because Murray made that choice

• Like 1