• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But then on the flipside, you want to move Trae for 4 and 8 to go with #1 and rebuild with the #1 who's not a star?????

It is a contradictory situation — I agree.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

But then on the flipside, you want to move Trae for 4 and 8 to go with #1 and rebuild with the #1 who's not a star?????

Yes more bites at the apple. We honestly were not much different when Trae was out, at least not record wise. DJ was putting up comparable numbers to Trae. DJ can guard his position and he costs less. I think ultimately it might be challenging to build a winner around Trae. Not saying we have to trade him. But if an offer is there that is acceptable for a player of his caliber, I would take it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Trae is a proven star, the only one this team.  Picks 4 and 8 is not enough for him imo.  If the Hawks trade Trae, you should be getting a star.

Well my suggested trade would be 4 and 8, plus our 2025 and 2027 back, or some iteration thereof. Woj does not make stuff up. Trae is on the block. He has been eerily quiet, he changed agents. His relationship with management might be strained. Is there a worthwhile offer out there? I'm skeptical, but a Trae trade is a real possibility. All things being equal, I would try to recoup draft capital. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well my suggested trade would be 4 and 8, plus our 2025 and 2027 back, or some iteration thereof. Woj does not make stuff up. Trae is on the block. He has been eerily quiet, he changed agents. His relationship with management might be strained. Is there a worthwhile offer out there? I'm skeptical, but a Trae trade is a real possibility. All things being equal, I would try to recoup draft capital. 

Of course, but you want to be in the lottery every year instead of competing for the playoffs.  The downgrade from Trae to Dejounte is tremendous, and its more than just the counting stats that Dejounte puts up.  Dejounte is a good player.  He's not a Trae Young level player.  He's not going to make the players around him better.  He doesn't have that kind of gravity.  Trae Young is a player who immediately draws the attention of two defenders the moment he crosses the half court line.  Dejounte doesn't have that kind of gravity.  He doesn't require two defenders.  We are significantly worse over the long haul with DJ running point than we are with Trae.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The way I saw Edey is the way these guys see Sarr. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So all these media people are lying? 

Yes exactly, for folks like you to give them hits on random sites or even major sites. 

If Trae isn’t a Hawk opening night I’ll change my name from Spud to..

• Like 3

Currently, Trae gets a huge % of the Hawks total payroll.  This is super-star territory.

If Atlanta gets one of those "Knock your sox off" deals, he's gone.  This is not likely to happen, but you never know.  Some NBA team gets desperate, believes that Trae is the answer.

With all our injuries last season there was solid reasons that we did no better than we did.  Back in my youth, in the dark ages, the Pirates had a really good player, Ralph Kiner, who went to the owner, requesting a raise.  The Pirates were a last place team.  The owner said "We ended the season in last place.  We could have done this without you.  Request for a raise denied."

Currently, Hawks are a .500 team.  Can Trae raise us up?  How much?  In reality, if he can't, we become a lost cause.  A perpetual LBT of the NBA.  (Lottery Bound Team).  Time for this bird team to soar!!

GO HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bad idea, and the Spurs isn't that stupid to trade back gold and they will have a chance to find a PG that is cost effective and under the rookie salary for a while.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Did you watch that actual Woj clip?  He moreso suggests that he thinks we might look at trading Trae.  It was just him being an analyst in that clip, it's not him reporting insider info regarding Trae. He didn't say my sources told me we are looking to trade Trae at all.  But of course news headlines picked that up and blasted out that Hawks are looking to move Trae Young.

He's as plugged in as anyone. If he has a sense that Atlanta could trade Trae, I wouldn't doubt him. Trae saying nothing on social media about the number 1 pick? That not like him at all. There's a lot of smoke here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Bad idea, and the Spurs isn't that stupid to trade back gold and they will have a chance to find a PG that is cost effective and under the rookie salary for a while.

Hawks-"Our plan is to tank, so we want those top 5 picks back" 

Spurs - "oh sure, that's the exact situation we were hoping for, but wed be happy to help you out instead for some reason!" 

Do people really think this makes sense? Lol.

Like all the Spurs have to do is get literally any other PG, wait for the Hawks to explode, and laugh their way to the bank. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Hawks-"Our plan is to tank, so we want those top 5 picks back" 

Spurs - "oh sure, that's the exact situation we were hoping for, but wed be happy to help you out instead for some reason!" 

Do people really think this makes sense? Lol.

Like all the Spurs have to do is get literally any other PG, wait for the Hawks to explode, and laugh their way to the bank. 

I wouldn't trade those 2025 and 2027 picks if I were the Spurs. But If they did decide they wanted Trae, we would have to recoup significant draft capital.