• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Same.  Send him to an owner that just wants to sell tickets and get back quality players.  Or send him somewhere like New Orleans (will not stop repeating this one as I think it makes the most sense) where we could poach Herb Jones and use Ingram as salary filler.

I'll tell you what is making my stomach turn...  I'm legitimately warming up to the "dark side" and here's why.  You complain and demand for help, better coaching, and lobby for certain guys either to come here or get paid here.  The front office does all of that...then he turns around and says, "I'm doing all I can.  Do your job and you gotta get me some help or I'm out." 

That's some LeBron/diva type stuff and I don't want to think that about Trae.  I almost want to say that he's playing up the narrative with his social media with his recent silence, cryptic themes, and likes. Just be a professional and you've been WELL compensated and appeased. Play ball and support the franchise and the fans that have been in your corner.  

Stay out of management's ear and let them do what they have to do.  Dip at the end if you ain't where you want to be.  Either that or just man up and sh!t on the fans like all these other stars do when the ring means more than the game.  I got no stomach for this cryptic stuff and I'm not a fan of players who play those kinds of games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Got to love the Trae haters trying to say that Murray is as valuable as he is.  Just say it.  You don’t like Trae and won’t him gone no matter how elite he is as a player.  

Then put up your fancy numbers and prove me wrong! You know +/-, ortg,drtg, whatever!

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If basketball were played on 1 end of the court, you might have a point.  But unfortunately there is a defensive side where Trae is targeted and end result is Chicago scoring 135 points in a play in game.

Yeah.  When Trae is playing one handed and he doesn’t have some key players on the floor.  

His defense clearly improved this year, but I’ll more than willingly accept a defensive liability if he is as good as Trae is offensively.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Generally your posts relating to Trae have some form of negativity attached to them. You've stated he's bratty plenty of times which again, you don't know, but your post seem to support that you've formed a general negative opinion of Trae's personality/character.  I don't know any of these people and try not to talk about them personally. Do I think players suck on the basketball court, heck yeah and will speak to that, but I never assume something personal about them rather it's insider information or reported by media.

I understand you feel that I am being negative, while I feel I am simply being objective using all the information I have.  Not to get into an epistemology debate, but how do you know anything if you can't draw conclusions from observation?  

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

However, making your star happy is generally the goal though in the NBA . Is it not?

No?  My goal is for us to build a sustainable, winning, program that hopefully translates into a chip.  The only time the goal is to keep a star happy is if ownership has a directive to do just that so they can continue printing money.  That's how we've been operating. "Keeping a star happy" mentality does not lead to rings.  Do any of the successful programs across the league operate like that? Riley and Miami? Pop and the Spurs?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Teams target Murray too.  I have no idea why people choose to ignore this. Quiet as it's kept, Trae is more physical on defense than Murray. 

Murray is better when guarding point guards vs shooting guards

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'll tell you what is making my stomach turn...  I'm legitimately warming up to the "dark side" and here's why.  You complain and demand for help, better coaching, and lobby for certain guys either to come here or get paid here.  The front office does all of that...then he turns around and says, "I'm doing all I can.  Do your job and you gotta get me some help or I'm out." 

That's some LeBron/diva type stuff and I don't want to think that about Trae.  I almost want to say that he's playing up the narrative with his social media with his recent silence, cryptic themes, and likes. Just be a professional and you've been WELL compensated and appeased. Play ball and support the franchise and the fans that have been in your corner.  

Stay out of management's ear and let them do what they have to do.  Dip at the end if you ain't where you want to be.  Either that or just man up and sh!t on the fans like all these other stars do when the ring means more than the game.  I got no stomach for this cryptic stuff and I'm not a fan of players who play those kinds of games.

Turn away from the darkside, wr! 

• Haha 1

No way the Spurs are offering 5 picks for Trae.  And not just any bullshit picks, but a #4, an #8, and YOUR OWN picks which you have some control about how good (or bad) they are.  Of course that is not being offered.  But if it was there is NO WAY you don't take it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Murray is better when guarding point guards vs shooting guards

Thats what I thought as well, but we've seen evidence to the contrary.  Even in the non-Trae games and minutes, I watched point guards waltz past him or body him just like other bad defenders.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I understand you feel that I am being negative, while I feel I am simply being objective using all the information I have.  Not to get into an epistemology debate, but how do you know anything if you can't draw conclusions from observation?  

No?  My goal is for us to build a sustainable, winning, program that hopefully translates into a chip.  The only time the goal is to keep a star happy is if ownership has a directive to do just that so they can continue printing money.  That's how we've been operating. "Keeping a star happy" mentality does not lead to rings.  Do any of the successful programs across the league operate like that? Riley and Miami? Pop and the Spurs?

I should clarify, that this is not mainly directly at you. It's the result of frustration building up. You are generally reasonable. 

This part is directed at your post.  Being objective would mean discussing the most likely outcomes.  That's not what's happening in this thread. 

To this thread - We are talking about trading our star player and not anyone else as much as trading the star player.  We are discussing a pipe dream of getting Giannis which has about as much of a chance of happening as me growing wings and flying like a bird. 

We are not discussing the greatest luck we've had in this franchise.  We get the number one pick on a non tanking roster and all we talk about is drama this and drama that.  Why aren't we discussing who we should select and how that enhances our team? 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

To add to this, look what happened when Giannis started demanding the Bucks make win-now moves.  They sold a key piece in Holiday for a flawed player in Lillard and now they're in a materially worse position.  It's a downward spiral once you start operating like that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Where/when did Trae say this? The only thing he said is he wants to know their plans from the reports I've read. If they plan on moving all the veterans on the team for draft picks and want to keep Trae for ticket sales.  Is it not fair for him to say he wants out? 

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

To add to this, look what happened when Giannis started demanding the Bucks make win-now moves.  They sold a key piece in Holiday for a flawed player in Lillard and now they're in a materially worse position.  It's a downward spiral once you start operating like that.

That team would have been fine if Giannis and Lillard hadn't gotten injured though. They'd be playing the Knicks right now and probably on their way to the ECF.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

i guess.  the Bucks were trending down anyway.  Lebron teams have always operated this way and he has quite a few finals appearances. 

7 minutes ago, txsting said:

No way the Spurs are offering 5 picks for Trae.  And not just any bullshit picks, but a #4, an #8, and YOUR OWN picks which you have some control about how good (or bad) they are.  Of course that is not being offered.  But if it was there is NO WAY you don't take it.

If you're aiming to acquire an All-Star caliber point guard, then a top four to five draft pick would be comparable in value, unless additional players are included, which might lower the pick's value. It seems this sentiment is widely shared. While anything could happen, this possibility is certainly being considered.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, txsting said:

Just spitballing and not advocating any of this because I want Trae in the ATL.  I think it would be the 25 through 27 picks back plus Devin Vassell.  If they say no to Vassell (they will), it would be the Hawks picks back plus Keldon Johnson and the 4th pick.  Adding Trae to Vassell and Wemby would  make the Spurs formidable immediately.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This highlights one reason I'm dubious on the giannis stuff.  They made all these moves, fired coaches .. then gonna pivot like that?  Nah, I don't see it. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a sensible argument.  I just disagree for reasons I spelled out in my last post.  Trae is generational.  If we're gonna build around one, he's the one.  Salary be d*mned. 

I'm not even sure it's a sensible argument. Has any team in the NBA chosen the lesser guy "cause he's cheaper" and it worked out? I don't think so. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Man, with all due respect, some of yall talk yourself into having a problem with Trae way too much. 

• Haha 2