• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Mobley is the Cavs Center of the future. Any trade with them probably has to start with Jalen Johnson. Imagine they'd want a SG in return too so probably Bogi. Cleveland is in a similar position as us with another team owning all their picks, so they need to stay competitive.

They'll also assuredly want picks back as well.

Edit: Mitchell has a player option after next season so very very risky for any team who trades for him.

Yeah I think any Mitchell trade has Bogi and JJ. It is what it is because that’s what Cleveland would want.

As for the contract situation… yeah it’s risky but what isn’t these days in the NBA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have not been giving the okay to say anything about Mitchell or Cleveland other than to say this. Read into or not into what you want.

Yes the interest is real. He loves Quin and Quin loves him. 

Not a clean fit. Defensively they can't be any worse than Trae and DJM but offensively would be so much better since Donovan is actually a stud off ball and an elite scorer. The hope is you are building Quin's Jazz teams but with better wing play since their best wing player in that time was Royce o Neal. Ideally though even if it doesn't work you can move Trae in some time and still have an elite star to move. I would be interested to see how Trae plays when someone better than him is on the team

• Like 3

Just now, bleachkit said:

It's more likely that Cleveland trades Garland. They are going to put on the full court press to extend Mitchell. A Mitchell trade to us has a low probability of occuring. 

It all depends on how Mitchell feels…

Remember these guys are emotional and seem to want whatever they want

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah I think any Mitchell trade has Bogi and JJ. It is what it is because that’s what Cleveland would want.

As for the contract situation… yeah it’s risky but what isn’t these days in the NBA

Any trade would have to be contingent on an extension. We can't trade and then have him walk. 

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I don't see how that would work honestly.  If you are going to bring in Mitchell with Trae, you almost have to have a JJ, Sarr, OO defensive front court to cover it.  Or something similar length wise.  

Trade Hunter, Kob, Bogi, AJ, Mo, or anyone else not named JJ, Sarr, or OO.  This is why I think a 3rd team would have to be involved.  The Cavs this season were Top 10 defensively and just league average or slightly below offensively.  They can probably afford to sub out defense for more offense.  Bring in Ingram and Bogi for Mitchell.  Why not?  

Garland/Bogi/Ingram/Mobley/Allen 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't see how that would work honestly.  If you are going to bring in Mitchell with Trae, you almost have to have a JJ, Sarr, OO defensive front court to cover it.  Or something similar length wise.  

Trade Hunter, Kob, Bogi, AJ, Mo, or anyone else not named JJ, Sarr, or OO.  This is why I think a 3rd team would have to be involved.  The Cavs this season were Top 10 defensively and just league average or slightly below offensively.  They can probably afford to sub out defense for more offense.  Bring in Ingram and Bogi for Mitchell.  Why not?  

Garland/Bogi/Ingram/Mobley/Allen 

I also have a very hard time seeing trades that work.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

If Trae is asking out, would you guys entertain and Trae/Mitchell swap?  Seems like Trae + the bigs in Cleveland would feast and Mitchell would fit well with Murray and would obviously plug into our offense with Quin seamlessly.

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If Trae is asking out, would you guys entertain and Trae/Mitchell swap?  Seems like Trae + the bigs in Cleveland would feast and Mitchell would fit well with Murray and would obviously plug into our offense with Quin seamlessly.

Ask CLE why they want Trae and Garland.  Trae is clearly an upgrade but their organization may value Garland higher just because they drafted him. 

I expect better than this from you, jeffe.  Come on, man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm not an advocate for trading Trae in general, but if there were some assurances to a Mitchell extension, this is one of the few deals I could see as being good for him.  DJ and Mitchell could work both size and skill wise. Unless Cleveland moves off Garland though, I'm not sure they'd be into it as much.  Maybe they flip Garland to a 3rd team (NO?) for another scorer. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Ask CLE why they want Trae and Garland.  Trae is clearly an upgrade but their organization may value Garland higher just because they drafted him. 

I expect better than this from you, jeffe.  Come on, man. 

Garland is trash so I imagine they want a much better PG to build around-- one that can actually facilitate to their bigs and run the offense.  Mobley is nice in the PnR and Allen is a lob threat.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Well Trae's career offensive numbers are better than Mitchell's. But my guess is Cleveland would prefer to keep Mitchell. I suspect teams are leery of Trae for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Garland is trash so I imagine they want a much better PG to build around

Agreed.  I was just yanking your chain.  Most of the pg's people rated highly are crashing down to earth.  Garland is definitely on that list. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Well Trae's career offensive numbers are better than Mitchell's. But my guess is Cleveland would prefer to keep Mitchell. I suspect teams are leery of Trae for whatever reason.

Yeah, he's a better offensive centerpiece for sure, Mitchell can be a chucker at times and loves to fall back into iso possessions.  He was like that even in Utah... his defense is a big upgrade over Trae though so it's a fit and business question mostly.