SF: DeAndre Hunter | AJ Griffin | Wesley Matthews
PF: Jalen Johnson | Saddiq Bey  |Mouhamed Gueye
C - Clint Capela | Onyeka Okongwu | Bruno Fernando

1 Unguaranteed contracts:
PG: Vit Krejci

2 Two-Way Contracts:
SG: Seth Lundy
PF:  Miles Norris

Total Salaries - $157,441,949 (*$7.8 million under the Luxury Tax)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Update:

15 Guaranteed contracts:
PG: Trae Young | Patty Mills |Kobe Bufkin, 
SG: Dejounte Murray |Bogdan Bogdanovich | Garrison Mathews

2 Two-Way Contracts:

Total Salaries - $155,605,853 million

$9.6 million under the Luxury Tax

$22.3 million under the 2nd Tax Apron

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to 2023-24 Hawks Roster and Season Previews
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Our most optimal lineup being 4 bench players seems less than optimal.  DJ/Bogi, Dre/Bey, OO/Cap going to be interesting to see how the minutes shake out. 

I think it should remain the benchmob until some start proving themselves as starters.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Update:

15 Guaranteed contracts:

2 Two-Way Contracts:

PG: Trent Forest

Available exceptions:

NTMLE $12.4 million

BAE $4.5 million

TPEs:

Mo Harkless $4.5 million (expires 09/07/23)

J Holiday  $6.2 million (expires 02/09/24)

J Collins $25.3 million (expires 06/26/24)

U. Garuba $2.5 million (expires 07/12/24)

T. Washington $2.3 million (expires 07/12/24)

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Update:

15 Guaranteed contracts:

2 Two-Way Contracts:

PG: Trent Forest

Available exceptions:

NTMLE $12.4 million

BAE $4.5 million

TPEs:

Mo Harkless $4.5 million (expires 09/07/23)

J Holiday  $6.2 million (expires 02/09/24)

J Collins $25.3 million (expires 06/26/24)

U. Garuba $2.5 million (expires 07/12/24)

T. Washington $2.3 million (expires 07/12/24)

Moving Dre, acquiring another star aside…

I was really hoping we could’ve unlocked Onyeka and convert CC into value in case he has a down year or injury. It would’ve made signing OO to extension more palatable if we could see what he would be like at 36 mins.

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do the Hawks keep Trent Forrest around?  Is he going to get much better than he is at 25?

I view Trent, Mathews, Bruno, and Norris as all guys who could easily be dropped if you needed to create room for someone else.  I hope to be surprised by a couple of them being legit contributors and think Bruno has the highest potential in that regard.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do the Hawks keep Trent Forrest around?  Is he going to get much better than he is at 25?

Do you think Hunter, at 25 can get much better?

My guess - in order to establish continuity in the GL for the development of the younger incoming players.  Someone to adequately run the team and play some defense, someone with some experience.

Besides, it's a 2way contract, can easily be replaced.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hunter hate is getting ridiculous.  Now we are comparing Hunter to a G-league player?🤔

You suggested a 25 year old can't really get much better.  That is a comment that on its face would apply equally to Hunter who is the better part of a year older than Trent Forrest.  No one said they were comparable players.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hunter hate is getting ridiculous.  Now we are comparing Hunter to a G-league player?🤔

I'm talking your specific age requirement. Let's go with Trae, he's going to be 25 In 6 days - can he get better?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

You suggested a 25 year old can't really get much better.  That is a comment that on its face would apply equally to Hunter who is the better part of a year older than Trent Forrest.  No one said they were comparable players.  

This was specific to Trent not any 25 year old. Trent does not posses many NBA skills whereas Trae and Hunter do.  Plus Hunter has already played better than last year during his 2nd year.  Y'all just want to take shots at Hunter anytime the opportunity arises.  Y'all hate the guy!  I get it!

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This was specific to Trent not any 25 year old. Trent does not posses many NBA skills whereas Trae and Hunter do.  Plus Hunter has already played better than last year during his 2nd year.  Y'all just want to take shots at Hunter anytime the opportunity arises.  Y'all hate the guy!  I get it!

Your unmitigated love of Hunter pushes you to some pretty extreme views given the posting history on Hunter from the people in this thread (which is obviously a mix of praise and criticism rather than non-stop hate).  But that is really irrelevant to the discussion here and more of an ad hominem attack than actual discussion of the prospect for improvement of 25 year olds generally or any 25 year old specifically.

Your logic was based on a premise that would make the case that Hunter can't improve.  I.e., 25 year olds should be viewed as having less ability to improve and therefore why are we keeping Forrest around.  No one else argued that Hunter can't improve - it was pushed back on you to justify why you would not apply the same logic to him.  I don't buy the explanation you've offered here for what it is worth.  I agree that Trent hasn't shown to be NBA viable but that is a separate issue from whether he can improve any more at age 25.  All these 25 year olds can continue to improve and need to do so (Hunter included).

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Your unmitigated love of Hunter pushes you to some pretty extreme views given the posting history on Hunter from the people in this thread (which is obviously a mix of praise and criticism rather than non-stop hate).  But that is really irrelevant to the discussion here and more of an ad hominem attack than actual discussion of the prospect for improvement of 25 year olds generally or any 25 year old specifically.

Your logic was based on a premise that would make the case that Hunter can't improve.  I.e., 25 year olds should be viewed as having less ability to improve and therefore why are we keeping Forrest around.  No one else argued that Hunter can't improve - it was pushed back on you to justify why you would not apply the same logic to him.  I don't buy the explanation you've offered here for what it is worth.  I agree that Trent hasn't shown to be NBA viable but that is a separate issue from whether he can improve any more at age 25.  All these 25 year olds can continue to improve and need to do so (Hunter included).

This is so silly.  The question was how much can he improve not that he could not improve.  If Trent improve 10% over his best year he is still a g-leaguer but if Trae or Hunter improve 10% over their best year, Trae is an all NBA player probably 2nd team and Hunter is a borderline all-star.  You all are blinded by your hate!  Please take the time to reflex on how silly you both sound.