• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Wolves gonna have to make some moves

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/cap/2024/

Yeah, having ~$139M out of $172M (luxury floor) in 3 players is crazy, especially if they don't fit perfectly, which is the same argument I have against a Trae/Murray/3rd STAR tandem.  $32M to fill out 10 roster slots is PEANUTS, you have no other + players on the roster at that level.  Maybe Minny decides to go up to the first apron and they have ~$40M to spend on 10 players. 

I'm really not a fan of a "big 3" approach under the new CBA UNLESS they fit together perfectly, but you still are so limited in signing your last 2 starts, you will end up with big holes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why is KAT's defense so bad? He's 6-11, and a pretty good athlete. It must be an effort thing.

It's not awful, just has warts where he needs someone to rim protect for him. He's a capable switch big and he's good at paint protection 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

People were mad about the players we got back, not that we traded Heurter.  Also, no one knew we were going to land Quin at the time, in which case I personally would have valued the pick more.  At the time, we had Nate at the helm and he not only doesn't he play young guys, he doesn't develop them, so that pick felt pretty bad.  And if we could have traded Heurter and filled holes in our depth chart -- people likely wouldn't have been upset -- but we traded him specifically to shed salary and got back Justin Holiday and Moe Harkless, who both don't belong on an NBA court.  I'm so tired of correcting revisionist narratives on stuff like this.  

I'm not revising history.  The discussion leading up to trading Huerter wasn't about hoping to get a return of more guys to play on the roster.  We talked about not keeping BOTH Bogi and Huerter.  One had to go after we acquired Murray.  Draft capital made more sense than long term roster additions.  

People were most upset when Huerter started the year on fire and Bogi was not coming back as quickly as we hoped.  A few were upset because we didn't get the emotional win of an owner spending up to the tax.  It sounded like toddler tantrums to me about why daddy wouldn't buy me an ice cream.  If we had let Gallo expire and then traded Huerter for Murray attaching one less pick, no one would care.  Some how because it went down with Huerter being part of a separate deal everyone felt entitled to having money spent on Bogi, Huerter, and Murray.  The rationale will never make sense to me, but I'm not revising any history.  You don't get quality players back when someone gives up a first round pick, you get undesirable players.  

Now people are taking the Huerter trade as a reason to believe Tony will never pay the tax.  Even though multiple sources backed by trade rumors suggest he's willing to spend.  I'm convinced that if we don't spend this offseason it actually has everything to do with no deals being available to acquire an upper tier player.  

9 hours ago, JTB said:

This is a nice all around 3 team trade….

Gives us a bit of security too in my opinion if Siakam were to not reign with us. OO will be a much improved shooter under Quinn.

image.thumb.png.da1e92f54d89f15954d606e64881228b.png

Why would Houston do this?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Raptors host speculated on a Hawks package and the framework was DJM + Bufkin…but just speculation.

The whole Siakam rumor reminds me a lot of the DJM rumor from last summer.

Video...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How about DJM for Siakam strait up.

DJM $18 million....Siakam $37 million. The matching salary difference makes it problematic.

Need close to $19 million 

• Like 1

Would we have to wait until he 6th for the JC trade to become official to use our TPE? I'm unclear about that.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DJM $18 million....Siakam $37 million. The matching salary difference makes it problematic.

Need close to $19 million 

Can we use the TPE?

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Would we have to wait until he 6th for the JC trade to become official to use our TPE? I'm unclear about that.

Can we use the TPE?

Can't add TPE to Players for player. 

TPE for Sign n Trade or free agent signing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Can we use the TPE?

TPE cannot be combined with a player to match salaries.

We'd have to trade for a player making +/- $18 mil, .....then combine DJM and that player in trade. (But then there are restrictions on how quickly you can combine a just traded player with another player in trade).

CC, Hunter, Bogi (when eligible) are the current salary matches.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

TPE cannot be combined with a player to match salaries.

We'd have to trade for a player making +/- $18 mil, .....then combine DJM and that player in trade. (But then there are restrictions on how quickly you can combine a just traded player with another in trade).

Why can't Siakam/DJ be added to the existing trade?  Since it's not final?