• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

11 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

This^^^ I for the  life of me can't understand why these guys are getting this money they can't 

1) Get you to the playoffs

2) Make their teammates better

3) Produce without having another(or 2 more) 40 million player on the team.

Beal, Wall, etc

At some point, it's gotta matter.  This free agent cycle, it certainly has not.  I'm rooting for all these teams to get burned by it.  Absolutely singed .  I want all these new-max dudes to be sittin in Cancun all while the GM twists on the wind tryna explain why he committed a quarter billion bucks to a guy that can't even squeak into a play-in. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

At some point, it's gotta matter.  This free agent cycle, ot certainly has not.  I'm rooting for all these teams to get burned by it.  Absolutely singed .  I want all these new-max dudes to be sittin in Cancun all while the GM twists on the wind tryna explain why he committed a quarter billion bucks to a guy that can't even squeak into a play-in. 

Can you sell tickets though..

Thats all alot of owners care about...

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

At some point, it's gotta matter.  This free agent cycle, ot certainly has not.  I'm rooting for all these teams to get burned by it.  Absolutely singed .  I want all these new-max dudes to be sittin in Cancun all while the GM twists on the wind tryna explain why he committed a quarter billion bucks to a guy that can't even squeak into a play-in. 

:laugh1:.

Doesn't seem like the new CBA has meant didly squat....but I've seen something interesting  regardimg the 2nd Apron.....it's a little bit taboo in that the real heavy penalties set in when you are above the apron for 3 consecutive years.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why would we trade for Gobert? We already have a similar player in CC, on a cheaper deal. I don't see the logic in that move. 

I’m just preparing myself for the worse possible potential deal. Also I can’t help but to think that Quinn and Gobert are linked due to the Utah days.

who knows!…Quinn could be thinking if I get my defensive anchor back who knows my defensive system everything else will fall in place easier including Trae.

heck Quinn could be pushing Fields/Korver to build the best defense unit possible and selling an idea of OO & Gobert. Honestly we just don’t know.

This past season was one of Gobert down years defensively and he was still a lot better than Capela.

also I recall us being interested in Gobert during the trade deadline or maybe that’s what I thought.

Why would we do it?…well many believe Gobert is a lot better than Capela not just a bit better and I tend to agree I just don’t like Goberts contract.

However I can get over it if we have a bunch of shooters and OO develops his jumper. I’m not oppose to adding Gobert …im opposed to adding Gobert without adding more shooting.

image.thumb.png.7ab1469232fa517cd8f3f542495ac358.png

(If TRUE about Gobert being available)

Minny and their fans should be embarrassed after what they gave up to acquire him just one year ago.

I would not only take that by itself as a huge red flag against his actual impact, I would assume Minny would want to get back a ton of draft capital to replace what they gave away to get him. There is no way they are interested in bringing in a bunch of multi-year big contracts either after extending Edwards. 

Whether you like Gobert or not ….you can’t tell me you wouldn’t be excited if we had OO & Gobert defensively when facing Boston and Milwaukee!

you can’t ask for better defensive tandem in your  front court!

I know…OO hasn’t proven he can shoot yet but I have faith in Synder and his staff to develop this roster 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

(If TRUE about Gobert being available)

Minny and their fans should be embarrassed after what they gave up to acquire him just one year ago.

I would not only take that by itself as a huge red flag against his actual impact, I would assume Minny would want to get back a ton of draft capital to replace what they gave away to get him. There is no way they are interested in bringing in a bunch of multi-year big contracts either after extending Edwards. 

I think minny would rather just escape his contract as early as possible.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m just preparing myself for the worse possible potential deal. Also I can’t help but to think that Quinn and Gobert are linked due to the Utah days.

who knows!…Quinn could be thinking if I get my defensive anchor back who knows my defensive system everything else will fall in place easier including Trae.

Stop right there. Positive thoughts only...say no to Goberated.

My memory is fuzzy but I think I read or listened to something regarding Quin saying, depending on Rudy to be the 'defense' why Mitchel the 'offense' wasn't the way to go. I could be wrong though. 🙄

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I think minny would rather just escape his contract as early as possible.

While they are escaping we should be nowhere close to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

heck Quinn could be pushing Fields/Korver to build the best defense unit possible and selling an idea of OO & Gobert. Honestly we just don’t know.

This past season was one of Gobert down years defensively and he was still a lot better than Capela.

also I recall us being interested in Gobert during the trade deadline or maybe that’s what I thought.

Why would we do it?…well many believe Gobert is a lot better than Capela not just a bit better and I tend to agree I just don’t like Goberts contract.

However I can get over it if we have a bunch of shooters and OO develops his jumper. I’m not oppose to adding Gobert …im opposed to adding Gobert without adding more shooting.

image.thumb.png.7ab1469232fa517cd8f3f542495ac358.png

Yikes… Pacers say, “sure, I’ll take Hunter for nothing.”

• Haha 2