• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here you go. This is for their careers:

image.thumb.png.1ce43cd9ec3392917e8939de3683a19c.png

image.png.9006dfd64849cf89231630c4910569c9.png

Jalen Johnson had less than half the minutes last season that Hunter did but had twice as many double digit rebounding games.  

With Bey vs Hunter, Bey's career high is 17 whereas Hunter's is 11.  (Bey has 5 games over 11.)  Bey has also played one less season than Hunter so a bit of apples to oranges with the raw numbers.  Bey also had more double digit rebounding games in Atlanta than Hunter did last season despite only being here for 25 games.

All this is to say that Hunter should primarily be playing SF where his size a real asset.  Rebounding has never been his forte and that is generally something that doesn't require a ton of advanced coaching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If he does, Siakam is a good enough passer to feed the ball to Capela under the rim.  In actuality, Siakam being doubled could also open up wide open spot up attempts for Trae and our shooters.

This guy can just do too many things well.  Things that we can only dream of John Collins or Dre doing.

Once CC goes under the rim there is nowhere for Siakam to drive and he isn't going to be doubled like that until he gets near the rim because CC will be clogging the space.  I agree he is a much bigger threat and more dynamic scorer than JC or DH but I still have major questions about how CC functions with someone like him.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dre can rebound better when hes at the 4.. Hard to grab boards when your guarding on the perimeter..

Ive seen Dre grab 10 boards a couple of times.. lol

May be too risky of a move to find out without clear evidence.

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

Have the Hawks tried to develop Dre into being a better rebounder? Nate didnt care about development at all.. lol

Just sayin

Fair…the answer is likely a no because Nate doesn’t develop but still too risky to find out what Dre can be at the 4.

I will just have to chalk up all this Siakam talk with this…there’s some good by adding him with Trae & Murray …and then there’s some bad adding him period. Unfortunately that’s the reality of getting Siakam. 

like @terrell hopefully the folks who get paid to do this know exactly what they want.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Once CC goes under the rim there is nowhere for Siakam to drive and he isn't going to be doubled like that until he gets near the rim because CC will be clogging the space.  I agree he is a much bigger threat and more dynamic scorer than JC or DH but I still have major questions about how CC functions with someone like him.

We trade him.  

The noise is too loud for Dame and Siakam to stay on their teams. JB it’s pretty hush up there. 

I think both Toronto and Portland are sitting on best and final offers and keep trying to dig up better offers so it’s just timing at this point because I don’t see better offers surfacing. 

My hunch is Lillard gets to Miami via 3 team and Siakam comes to Atlanta without Murray to Toronto (I’m assuming best and final from Atlanta does NOT include their HawksDNA guy Murray). As for what is sent, who knows.

There hasn’t been any tangible rumors floated with other teams solidly in the mix. This feels like a Murray/Spurs/Hawks/Knicks situation.

Edited by theheroatl

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yup there’s unfortunately some good and bad acquiring Siakam but for this one I say let Quinn and his staff worry about that.

my assumption is that something like this is talked about extensively prior to making a trade for Siakam…..I don’t think Quinn and his staff is anything like Nate and his staff. Quinn will actually have a plan whereas Nate would just throw them out there and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We trade him.  

That’s an idea! Ok for who?

if you have Trae, Murray, Siakam….what center out there are you trading for using Capela? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

And to think we could have had KP and given up next to nothing...

Not a fan of KP like some of you are.. Boston didn’t give up nothing and I’m sure Hawks FO wasn’t interested. Boston gave up their best defender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup there’s unfortunately some good and bad acquiring Siakam but for this one I say let Quinn and his staff worry about that.

my assumption is that something like this is talked about extensively prior to making a trade for Siakam…..I don’t think Quinn and his staff is anything like Nate and his staff. Quinn will actually have a plan whereas Nate would just throw them out there and see what happens.

if you have Trae, Murray, Siakam….what center out there are you trading for using Capela? 

Good question

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JTB said:

We have OO.  Who are we trading for Siakam anyway?  I'm not really sure how we make the trade anyway. 

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

First impression....HATE it.  Don't really want any part of trading OO or AJ.  

Like I’ve said before many times teams have to pick between bird in hand or two in bush. Fans only get to see a small part of what the FO sees and knows.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If he does, Siakam is a good enough passer to feed the ball to Capela under the rim.  In actuality, Siakam being doubled could also open up wide open spot up attempts for Trae and our shooters.

This guy can just do too many things well.  Things that we can only dream of John Collins or Dre doing.

No matter how many impressive moves in a highlight you show, the guy still shoots 48% from the field as a power forward and 32.4% from 3.

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Like I’ve said before many times teams have to pick between bird in hand or two in bush. Fans only get to see a small part of what the FO sees and knows.

AJ will be in any trade..rather keep OO

Just now, ABH said:

AJ will be in any trade..rather keep OO

Hunter can go also

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We have OO.  Who are we trading for Siakam anyway?  I'm not really sure how we make the trade anyway. 

Is assumed that OO is in the trade. But of course we don’t know anything on outside looking in …I think OO recently started following the raptors as well as AJ, so many believe they’re included in the trade.

Edited by JTB

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

If Miami doesn't have the return you want and he'll literally only play for Miami, then let him sit at home. Tired of these divas not honoring their contracts and then demanding where and when they get traded.

That is kind of where I'm at.  There is no burning fire need to trade Lillard right this second and if you make it clear he isn't going to go to Miami then he'll eventually move on to someone else.  Don't take a garbage trade just to do it right now.

• Like 1