• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Usman Garuba

NBASupes

I’m sorry this blows. I know it’s early but this deal is a priority for us? Or is this it?

We are gonna lose Trae someday soon aren’t we? 😢 Fields better have something up his sleeve, this can’t be it.. I mean… and Trae is content with this.

TyTy will be cut. Garuba.. ugh.. 8th man ceiling at best. I mean, we gave up nothing but got just a bit above nothing back too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Looks like they may be using part of the TPE on this.  

We have a couple of other trade exceptions available too that void this offseason, I wonder if we are spending those.

We had 2.5 mil left from the Harkless trade, which matches Garuba’s salary.

I have been noticing that our front office likes to break up these multi player trades in to multiple smaller single player deals that allow them to manipulate finances better.

edit:

We also have the 12.4 MLE and 4.5 Bi Annual available.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We already have the Giannis stopper. Did we just find the Embiid stopper?

Post defense is a thing of beauty. He looks like OO with his movement and positioning, but his hands are more active. OO is more likely to get you at the top of your shot, Garuba looks like he is better at strips when you bring the ball down. 

I have already promoted him in my head to our gameday rotation. His outside shot gives him a real chance to play next to OO or any big for that matter.

Could you imagine the interior defense with OO and Garuba together? Size and mobility. Wow

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Some things never change.  This franchise is a joke.   Trae will pull a Damian sooner than later.  

We gave up Alpha Kaba (who you probably didn't even remember we had rights to) and cash.

This probably isn't the transaction to cry over.

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We gave up Alpha Kaba (who you probably didn't even remember we had rights to) and cash.

This probably isn't the transaction to cry over.

Good trade..but also help Houston..hopefully more to come

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Garuba was Vecenie’s #11 prospect in 2021.  

Garuba will be in the Gleague for the most part but his development will be a priority with Gueye, Washington, Lundy, and Norris

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't realize this was still Usman's. This ain't the place but in the other thread, I'll address.

I just get so tired of this fan base blaming the rest of the roster for something that is totally obvious to outsiders.  Trae is being paid like a superstar and he isn't one.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just get so tired of this fan base blaming the rest of the roster for something that is totally obvious to outsiders.  Trae is being paid like a superstar and he isn't one.

This board loves Trae and it is what it is. He's their favorite player. As a diehard. I get it but I am so much more about the team but the minute he signed that contract, he needed to improve a lot and hopefully with Quin, he does just that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This board loves Trae and it is what it is. He's their favorite player. As a diehard. I get it but I am so much more about the team but the minute he signed that contract, he needed to improve a lot and hopefully with Quin, he does just that. 

If he is going be talked about in the same breath as a true superstar like Jokic, then his Ef% has to be at least equal to that of jokic since Jokic offers something on defense and on the boards.  In fact Trae's offense has to be amazing to be considered on that level since offense is all he excels at.  Just saying

58 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If he is going be talked about in the same breath as a true superstar like Jokic, then his Ef% has to be at least equal to that of jokic since Jokic offers something on defense and on the boards.  In fact Trae's offense has to be amazing to be considered on that level since offense is all he excels at.  Just saying

I've said the same on here many times. His offense has to be Nash+Curry shades and its not even close. If it is, no one would have any issues with Trae on their team. Trae would be the first pick for the Olympics if he played as he should. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nash+Curry shades and its not even close.

Cuz Curry is an all world defender? Pulllleassse. Seems like You’re not giving Trae his due for improving about 60% last year alone. The dude was fighting on D. Did you watch many of our games? If you had you wouldn’t type that bs. 

Shame on you.

• Like 1